shape
carat
color
clarity

I know we''ve had threads about this before...

Does pre-planning help or hurt your LIW?

• SO would KILL me if he knew how much time I spent pre-planning!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It''s just made my LIW worse!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
I''m also very guilty of pre planning. Although he did tell me in May that he would pop the question within a year (not sure if that meant by 01/2010, or by May of next year....) so, its not too too premature...at least I know its coming! But I too have my favorite dress picked out..a list of possible venues...even a secret folder on my computer of hairstyles I love. It doesn''t help my case of LIW considering I was the maid of honor for my sister, and now I am the maid of honor for my best friend. So I''m doing a lot of planning as it is, just not for me! At least it gives me an excuse to tell him when he finds out that I''ve been researching different things!

I try not to let myself plan anything detailed, such as invitations, or flowers, save the dates, or anything like that. But I definitely have my favorites when it comes to the major decisions...dress, venue, colors...... It''s so hard not to!!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 6:28:41 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
One last thing.....do any of you look for venues?

M comes from a very religious family, and my family is basically a bunch of church musicians, so on his first visit here as my bf (we''d been together over 9 months he''d just been building sandcastles in the middle of a desert on the other side of the worlds for most of that time) i took him to the church i walked to to buy a pray candle almost weekly for him, and then the church my mom is the organist at. he took pictures of both but fell in love with mom''s and when he flew home, quite happily showed his mom the pics, and shortly after said he''d like to get married there, which was good cause that''s where i wanted
9.gif
it really is a gorgeous chapel out in the middle of the country
30.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
i said it depends.. but more often than not pre-planning just makes me feel worse.

mainly cause i feel like i have to do it in secret - cause i feel like people will think i''m some kind of crazy person for planning before I''m even engaged.
40.gif

killerqueen17

Rough_Rock
I pre-plan when I have the time... BF doesn't know this though, lol. But we're pretty set on the fact that he's gonna propose sometime this summer, and we'll get married next summer, so I do have a timeframe. Kind of.
1.gif

I LOVE looking at dresses. Sometimes I find a nice one, though, and it makes me anxious that I can't just get it... I get nervous I won't be able to find the perfect one later on, when we're actually engaged.

I look at locations too... because that's gonna be a challenge. I have NO idea where to do the wedding. And color schemes of course... that changes all the time, though, I haven't decided anything yet!

It's just fun, something to do when I'm bored... much like how ring-related stuff was until recently, when we started getting serious about planning!! I can't wait til I can plan the big day for REAL!! Oh, and I'm SOOOO looking forward to finally having cable when my roommates and I move in a month or so... gonna check out all those wedding shows that I've been missing!!
9.gif

CristinaRuns26.2

Rough_Rock
I haven''t planned or decided on anything other than the month we''re getting married - November next year - and the location - castle in England, exact location TBD. DBF did ask me to look up prices on a two-week Europe (England/France/Germany) trip, which is what we''re doing, and having the ceremony first. Other than that, I haven''t thought about it. I figure that it''s going to be hectic enough trying to plan things after the engagement, so why drive myself bonkers now?

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
I keep telling myself that the only reason I pre-plan is to make it easier to set a reasonable budget when we do get engaged...think of it as "financial research."
25.gif
At least, this is what I tell myself...
2.gif
It doesn''t help my LIWitis one bit though.
20.gif

~HappyCat

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 6:58:07 PM
Author: HappyCat
I keep telling myself that the only reason I pre-plan is to make it easier to set a reasonable budget when we do get engaged...think of it as ''financial research.''
25.gif
At least, this is what I tell myself...
2.gif
It doesn''t help my LIWitis one bit though.
20.gif

~HappyCat
Oh, I like it! "Financial research"...I''ll be using that one!
9.gif

It''s so fun to hear the different things you guys already have (or haven''t) chosen. Like someone mentioned (sorry, I can''t remember your name!) that you already have your colors picked out, but someone else has mentioned they couldn''t possibly settle on colors yet. As for me, we totally have our location picked out (the resort for our DW), but others are completely overwhelmed with choices. So many aspects of wedding planning...I think this could only help us help each other, right?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results