shape
carat
color
clarity

i keep reading if "HE" cheats. what if "SHE" cheated on him?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
should "HE" forgive her?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
We need the facts DF..... Who? What? When? Where? Why?

We can''t be expected to make that kind of decision based on a 4 word question.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2008 5:21:45 PM
Author: Steel

who?...does it matter?
what?...with another man.
when?...does it matter if she cheated in the morning,afternoon or night?
9.gif

where?...does it matter if she cheated in a hotel room or in their bedroom?
why?...i don''t know. i just wanna hear some excuses from the women side.
9.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2008 5:06:47 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
should ''HE'' forgive her?

No! (That was an easy question for me to answer
20.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you forgive your wife???

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Haha - Should he? Or could he? I''d certainly hope there would be no double standard as far as forgiveness or walking away is concerned. I do believe that is up to each individual couple and circumstances.

Could he forgive, though, I think that is the real question. We all know how fragile the male ego can be!
28.gif
My DH said that if I cheated on him it would feel like I chopped off his man parts (not the words he used) and served them to him for dinner. I''m thinkin'' he couldn''t get past it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the cheaters I know around here , have been the husbands. I know that''s not fair, but it''s been my experience.
2.gif
If I cheated on my husband, I don''t think he would forgive me. And vice versa.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2008 5:59:33 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Would you forgive your wife???
i told her if she''s gonna cheat on me be sure he''s more handsome than i . she said, well then...it don''t take much of an effort.
stickouttongue.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 6:56:05 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i told her if she''s gonna cheat on me be sure he''s more handsome than i . she said, well then...it don''t take much of an effort.
stickouttongue.gif

Haha, I like your wife
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 7:44:29 PM
Author: lili
Date: 12/20/2008 6:56:05 PM

stickouttongue.gif

Haha, I like your wife
9.gif

me too!! Lol! It''s up to the individual person whether they can forgive or not. Personally I really don''t think that I could.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually know someone who cheated on her husband. She harboured (note: past tense) a lot of hard feelings towards her husband, for different reasons (he gave her STD, lied her to her about his sexual history, lied to her about something else), has problem with his sperms (AND she felt he didn't try hard enough for a baby with her, despite his having the sperm problem), didn't care enough about her when she had some health problems (she felt he was to blame for the health problems) etc. She was very very very upset for a long long time and when this other man came along, she kind of weakened and slept with him. It was for a very short period of time and she's been regretting it ever since BUT....... (she loves her husband and vice versa, and they're an amazing couple), she kind of feels like NOW "they're even".

Not sure how I really feel about that. I know this woman very well and have not told her husband (who's also a friend, but it's really the woman who's my close friend). I don't know if I can forgive her but I kind of understand. Sometimes there's a lot more than what's on the surface - what everyone else perceives. He's known to everyone as the "man who can do no wrong", but I can kind of understand where she's coming from. He's made lots of mistakes and she's made one (albeit a HUGE one), but after everything is said and done, they're *so right for each other*. Not sure how I can explain this, I can *just* see it and feel it. I don't think I will ever tell him. I don't see that it will serve any purpose. She's felt plenty guilty and he's not totally blameless, IMO.

Does any of this make any sense!!??
33.gif

Oh and to answer your original question, DF: I think he would forgive her, but then again it'd take a lot for him to do so and he'd be hurt for a long long time. And then again, I am an outsider and it's only my perception. Who knows how he'd really react if he ever found out. But do I think he would forgive her?? Should he?? I am not sure, but I kind of understand why she did what she did. Again
33.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I play by the same rules I expect my husband to.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely not. Cheating is cheating...no matter who does it, or for what reason.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Forgiveness is a personal thing between the couple.

Big generalization coming up:

Women tend to cheat when there are serious problems in the relationship not just for the hell of it.
Women are more likely to leave the existing relationship than a man is.

I cheated on ex-boyfriends. I was in several abusive relationships, and both times it took being with another man who treated me properly to see the mess I was living in and putting up with. Both times I left the boyfriend - but not for the person I was having a fling with.

I have no guilt and no regrets - best moves I ever made.

ETA: the ex-bfs have no idea I ever cheated

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2008 9:33:28 AM
Author: Pandora II

Women tend to cheat when there are serious problems in the relationship not just for the hell of it.

I cheated on ex-boyfriends. I was in several abusive relationships, and both times it took being with another man who treated me properly to see the mess I was living in and putting up with. Both times I left the boyfriend - but not for the person I was having a fling with.

WOW, Pandora, are you in my head?!?!
23.gif

I had a very similar situation. I cheated on my XH because the relationship was WAY beyond saving, and I had been absolutely miserable for quite a while. He was abusive and controlling. I was planning/hoping/wishing to leave, but I just couldn't see a way to get out. Finally, I did cheat on him (with DH) and I just decided not to go home one night. I went to my parents' house instead, which is where I continued to live until DH and I bought our house. I filed for divorce very shortly after moving in with my parents.

I believe that cheating is almost always a symptom of a deeper problem within the relationship. I did try very hard to salvage the relationship with my XH and to make our marriage work, but it takes two people to make that happen. We went to marriage counseling (on my insistence), and our counselor said something to my XH that really stuck in my mind. Here is what she said: "Happily married people don't have affairs." I don't know if that is ALWAYS true, but it certainly makes sense to me. When I cheated, I think I knew deep down that XH would not forgive me, and I wouldn't expect him to. (After all, I wouldn't have forgiven HIM if he had cheated.) I don't think it was the best way to end the relationship, but I don't have any regrets. Leaving XH and marrying DH were the two best things I've ever done for myself.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 9:49:22 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 12/22/2008 9:33:28 AM
Author: Pandora II

WOW, Pandora, are you in my head?!?!
23.gif

I had a very similar situation. I cheated on my XH because the relationship was WAY beyond saving, and I had been absolutely miserable for quite a while. He was abusive and controlling. I was planning/hoping/wishing to leave, but I just couldn''t see a way to get out. Finally, I did cheat on him (with DH) and I just decided not to go home one night. I went to my parents'' house instead, which is where I continued to live until DH and I bought our house. I filed for divorce very shortly after moving in with my parents.

I believe that cheating is almost always a symptom of a deeper problem within the relationship. I did try very hard to salvage the relationship with my XH and to make our marriage work, but it takes two people to make that happen. We went to marriage counseling (on my insistence), and our counselor said something to my XH that really stuck in my mind. Here is what she said: ''Happily married people don''t have affairs.'' I don''t know if that is ALWAYS true, but it certainly makes sense to me. When I cheated, I think I knew deep down that XH would not forgive me, and I wouldn''t expect him to. (After all, I wouldn''t have forgiven HIM if he had cheated.) I don''t think it was the best way to end the relationship, but I don''t have any regrets. Leaving XH and marrying DH were the two best things I''ve ever done for myself.
Wow, Irishgrrrl, I went through the EXACT same situation and am married to my wonderful DH also. I tried so hard to make it work like you did and nothing changed. I found myself in emotional affairs and killing myself over it with the guilt. I finally realized WHY I was doing it and it solved everything. Best thing I ever did was get a divorce and marry my DH.

So Pandora, I completely agree with you. Women cheat when there are serious problems...for the most part anyways.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2008 10:07:44 AM
Author: Courtneylub

Wow, Irishgrrrl, I went through the EXACT same situation and am married to my wonderful DH also. I tried so hard to make it work like you did and nothing changed. I found myself in emotional affairs and killing myself over it with the guilt. I finally realized WHY I was doing it and it solved everything. Best thing I ever did was get a divorce and marry my DH.

So Pandora, I completely agree with you. Women cheat when there are serious problems...for the most part anyways.
Courtney, I totally agree. Not to over-generalize, but I think women usually don''t cheat unless there''s something seriously wrong in the relationship. I can guarantee you that I would have NEVER cheated on XH if there hadn''t already been some very serious issues in our relationship to begin with.

And honestly, I think men are usually the same way. IF a man cheats, it usually doesn''t come out of the clear blue sky . . . there is often something else wrong in the relationship. Which is why I think that what our counselor told my XH is usually true: "Happily married people don''t have affairs."
5.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
This happened to one of my male relatives and his wife, and they worked it out. When they had been married about 2 or 3 years, she slept with someone else. He found out about it, and he almost left, but they had a one year old son, and he didn''t want to break up the family. For revenge (immature, I know) he slept with another woman on a business trip. Somehow, that "getting even" (and some years of therapy) helped them clear the air, and they just celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary, and they seem to be happy that they chose to stay together and work through their problems.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Well for starters, I would never discuss the possibility of me, as a female, cheating on him because I know myself…just like he wouldn’t discuss the possibility of him cheating on me. I don’t think anyone would ever mention about what would happen if they decided to cheat on their spouse. That would be silly.

Secondly, male or female the same rules apply.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the 'rules' are the same as if HE cheats. And when I say 'rules,' it only means what each person can choose to do, because quite obviously it will be different for each person/couple/situation.

I think the "what if he cheated" thread was more a "what if your significant other cheated" thread (hence the title, "Have you considered the consequences of your SO cheating on you?"
20.gif
). It was gender specific only because the original poster, as well as the vast majority of the forum, is female.

All that said, my husband and I randomly had a hypothetical conversation about this. He said he would most likely choose to forgive. I would not. Probably largely to do with the difference between men and women in how/if they hold grudges
3.gif
I don't get over stuff like that, but hubby is good at forgiving.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
so many "women" cheated on this forum.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 6:30:49 PM
23.gif
so many ''women'' cheated on this forum.
9.gif
Oh stop that... You love to stir the pot!!!
11.gif
And yet we fall into your stink bombs every time. You kill me...
41.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2008 6:36:51 PM

23.gif
9.gif
11.gif
41.gif
at least a few women here have the courage to admit it.
9.gif
were on the other thread it sounded like only men cheats.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i have a personal feeling on cheating no matter who is doing the cheating.

i feel that if he got drunk and slept with someone i would be less upset than if he had a full on affair. i think that if he went to dinner and talked on the phone and things like that it is more of a betrayal. whether i would forgive a one night stand i think i might, but never ever an affair.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2008 1:38:03 PM
Author: musey

All that said, my husband and I randomly had a hypothetical conversation about this. He said he would most likely choose to forgive. I would not. Probably largely to do with the difference between men and women in how/if they hold grudges
3.gif
I don''t get over stuff like that, but hubby is good at forgiving.
sooo...he gave you one FREE pass. use it wisely
31.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I know more women than men, who have cheated (still are) on their husbands!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2008 7:25:24 PM

Date: 12/22/2008 6:36:51 PM

23.gif
9.gif
11.gif
41.gif
at least a few women here have the courage to admit it.
9.gif
were on the other thread it sounded like only men cheats.
DF, I agree with Musey . . . I think the other thread was more of a general "what would you do if your SO (either male or female) cheated." We kept hearing about what people would do if a MAN cheated because the vast majority of PS members are females who have a male SO. If more men were PS members, I think the other thread would have had more stories about what a man would do if a woman cheated.
1.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Forgiveness would depend on the circumstances, the mindset of the cheater, their reasons why, and whether the marriage/relationship was worth saving. Cheating is usually not just about the guy (or gal) stepping out. Most of the time, they are not getting what they need at home. And it isn''t normally even about sex.

Any counselors out there? Isn''t this pretty much true?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 5:46:08 PM

Date: 12/20/2008 5:21:45 PM
Author: Steel

who?...does it matter?
what?...with another man.
when?...does it matter if she cheated in the morning,afternoon or night?
9.gif

where?...does it matter if she cheated in a hotel room or in their bedroom?
why?...i don''t know. i just wanna hear some excuses from the women side.
9.gif
Well, now. If it was in their own bedroom. . . . that is definitely a cardinal sin. Unforgivable. Throw the bum/bummette out.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 11:08:55 AM
Date: 12/22/2008 1:38:03 PM
Author: musey

3.gif
I don''t get over stuff like that, but hubby is good at forgiving.
sooo...he gave you one FREE pass. use it wisely
31.gif
Oh sheesh
20.gif
free pass to years of turmoil and couples'' counseling...

Honestly, if I cheated, I wouldn''t want to be forgiven. Obviously my relationship wasn''t working for me, if I cheated. I''d want out. I don''t think I could ever cheat, but if I ever got close enough that it was an in-the-moment conscious decision not to, I''d have a lot of soul-searching to do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results