shape
carat
color
clarity

I just won this on ebay (gasp) - what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
I just won this little gem on ebay. It''s my first coloured stone purchase and I''m soo excited!
36.gif

However, this morning I woke up with a little be of buyer''s remorse...
40.gif

So what do you guys think?

Does it look like an authentic Cartier ring to you?

Here is the link to the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&item=190342096901&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

Item no: 190342096901 (in case the link doesn''t work)

Cartier cabochon sapphire ring.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I''m no Cartier expert, so I can''t really say. The engraved signature seems to indicate that. On Toolhaus.org I checked their feedback and their last negative remark was in ''06, which means that everything''s probably copacetic. But the comment did say that the item didn''t appraise for what the seller advertised, and the seller countered that it was less than half of the 70s cost. Anyway, I''d be curious to see what you think when it arrives.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Someone in Rockytalky recently won another auction from that company and David Atlas was reassuring about their legitimacy. He says he''s known the company & the family that owns it for decades. Look for a recent thread about a Cartier ring.

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 6:17:54 PM
Author: glitterata
Someone in Rockytalky recently won another auction from that company and David Atlas was reassuring about their legitimacy. He says he''s known the company & the family that owns it for decades. Look for a recent thread about a Cartier ring.
Thanks for that. I just found the thread and David Atlas'' post was reassuring.

The craftsmanship looks quite nice and neat.

I''m also wondering how much carbochon stones are usally worth as I have never dealt with that kind of cut before. I suspect that a 1 ct sapphire would only be a couple of hundre dollars (please correct me if I''m wrong).

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Bleeblue! I hate that feeling!!! And the wait to get it in the mail is torture! I am sorry I know almost nothing about Cartier but that is one lovely ring! The color of the stone is gorgeous and the setting is great! I like the side shot, very nice. Let us know if it lives up to those great pics, and post some hand shots!
35.gif

currada

Rough_Rock
bleeblue,

Lucky you... I was watching that ring and love it. I have also bought from this seller and it was everything they said it would be and more. Most of his things are rather expensive so I mostly just watch but I was really tempted on this one. Congratulations

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a thread here the other day where someone won something from this seller, and someone vouched for their reputation.

ETA: Nevermind, someone mentioned this already

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just HATE buyers remorse! Hope you like it when you get it. With the advice you've gotten so far just don't worry about it.

ETA: And Congrats!!!! on your first colored stone purchase.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results