shape
carat
color
clarity

I just cut 14" of my hair off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldfish

Rough_Rock
I just went into the bathroom and cut my waist length hair into a shoulder length bob. And of course, not content with that, I gave myself bangs!

To be honest, I think it looks pretty good. I wonder why I needed to do that!

Anyone else ever do anything crazy like that?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I have never cut my hair 14" but I have infact been in the bathroom and decided i needed to pluck my eyebrows and then cut myself bangs in the process.. hahaha :) post a before and after pic!! I hope you kept the hair to give to Locks of Love or something??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, can you give it to Locks of Love. I did that but with that purpose in mind. I bet you look sassy and feel great!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 10:35:50 PM
Author: Skippy123
Well, can you give it to Locks of Love. I did that but with that purpose in mind. I bet you look sassy and feel great!!!
Please give it to Locks of Love, it''s a great charity. I am glad you are loving it, I bet it looks great.

FWIW, I have a friend that lost her hair to alopecia (SP?). I know kids that have had it too. So please go and gather up that hair and donate it. You would be doing a wonderful thing, for someone that really needs it.

Can we see a pic??
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet you feel great! Have you been thinking about doing that for awhile now? I agree donating it would be wonderful.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
change is good.congrates on the new you!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waist length to bob -- that kind of change must be wonderfully liberating. I hope you're loving it!

After many years of wearing short bobs, I'm growing my hair to shoulder length. As Jewelryman said, sometimes change is good!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Last week, I donated 13 inches of my hair to Wigs for Kids. It felt so good!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE making drastic changes to my hair! Although I would never be able to do it myself...congrats on the new look!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 10:23:33 PM
Author:goldfish
I just went into the bathroom and cut my waist length hair into a shoulder length bob. And of course, not content with that, I gave myself bangs!

To be honest, I think it looks pretty good. I wonder why I needed to do that!

Anyone else ever do anything crazy like that?
Please tell me you saved it to donate to locks of love!

I''ve done that to my hair like 4 times now. I get to the point where I get sick of my no style length, and chop it off... of course regretting it everyday until it is long again! LOL!

PICS!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock

NOOOOO! Donating hair is great, but please not Locks of Love.

There are plenty of smaller organizations that do the same thing, and that are legit. LoL sells most of their donations, sometimes to fetish sites, in order to recoup their costs. Very little of the hair that DOES get made into wigs goes to cancer patients, most of it gets thrown out, or sold, and the hair that does get made into wigs doesn''t go to cancer patients, it goes to those with alopecia.

I''m digging up the scary stuff about Locks of Love being investigated by the BBB, but in the meantime, there are other options for donating.

goldfish

Rough_Rock
I have also heard that donating to Locks of Love might not be as productive as one might suppose!

Unfortunately I cut my hair 3 inches or so at a time, so there is no possibility of donation in any case. But I am very excited about my new look, and I''m hoping to visit my hairdresser to clean up the cut this week.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gala, how horrible!
38.gif
Some people have no shame.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I used to do that all the time!! I loved having everything fresh and new!! My hair has a hard wave to it so I''d flip it over in the shower and cut it while the water was pouring on it to keep it straight. It looked pretty good...most of the time!! I cut my almost waist length hair to about chin length the week before my wedding. DH was totally fine with it and that''s when I knew I made the right choice in a husband!!

Congratulations on your new look, I hope you enjoy it!!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 2:11:59 PM
Author: Galateia

There are plenty of smaller organizations that do the same thing, and that are legit. LoL sells most of their donations, sometimes to fetish sites, in order to recoup their costs. Very little of the hair that DOES get made into wigs goes to cancer patients, most of it gets thrown out, or sold, and the hair that does get made into wigs doesn''t go to cancer patients, it goes to those with alopecia.

I''m digging up the scary stuff about Locks of Love being investigated by the BBB, but in the meantime, there are other options for donating.
What do you mean?!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the new ''do, I bet it looks great! Your head must feel so light on your shoulders, lol!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 11:10:08 PM
Author: LuckyTexan

What do you mean?!

Er, some dudes have a hair fetish. Fetishists will pay top dollar for objects that enable their ''kink''. Is that what you were asking about? I remember the Long Hair forums complaining about perverts on their site, collecting/using pictures without permission, posting iffy things.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock

Oh no! That bums me out. My daughter grew her hair out for almost 2 years to donate to Locks of Love.
38.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''ve also heard that Locks of Love can be pretty shady. Please find another organization to donate all that hair to!

By the way, I''m insanely jealous of all you who can grow your hair to waist length. I''ve been trying for years to grow my hair out, and it is constantly the same two inches below shoulder length.
39.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-you''re brave! I have waist length hair and I''d be so scared to cut it up as a bob! Enjoy your new style!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 1:34:03 AM

Date: 9/6/2008 11:10:08 PM

What do you mean?!

Er, some dudes have a hair fetish. Fetishists will pay top dollar for objects that enable their ''kink''. Is that what you were asking about? I remember the Long Hair forums complaining about perverts on their site, collecting/using pictures without permission, posting iffy things.
Ok, I am officially grossed out. I have grown out and cut off and donated my hair to locks of love 2 times now. That''s just creepy. What is the Long Hair forum? I guess there is a forum for everything! LOL!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 1:07:05 PM
Ok, I am officially grossed out. I have grown out and cut off and donated my hair to locks of love 2 times now. That's just creepy. What is the Long Hair forum? I guess there is a forum for everything! LOL!

Then don't google 'hair fetish'; I just did to see if could find out more info to back this and got too creeped out to continue.

Ladies, never ever drape your long hair over the back of the movie theatre seat, unless no one is behind you.
14.gif
I know I never will again.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gala, no offense but I wouldn''t want to sit behind someone who draped their hair over their seat. I consider that part of *my* personal space. But there are a lot of sickos out there for sure. I hope Locks of Love gets shut down to make room for the HONEST charities.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where is the link that Locks of Love sells hair to unsavory sites, please???

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 1:57:11 PM
Where is the link that Locks of Love sells hair to unsavory sites, please???

I can''t find it (I lost heart after endless pages of hair fetish sites) so I''m going to carry on as if it was just an internet rumour (let''s hope it is), but I can definitely get you links that show that the majority of the hair donated is thrown out or sold, and a very small portion of the wigs that are made go to cancer patients.

Here is a link to an online hair forum, including the NY times articles they reference :Locks of Love Discussion (please note the post containing this quote "On the LOL website, it has their financial paperwork available to view, and there is a $1,082,590 excess of funds." as well as the ratio of hair sold ''to defray costs'' compared to the number of wigs they''ve produced), article on Locks of Love specifically, and the one that details what each charity does, including ones that go to cancer patients.

Wanting to donate is noble, but people need to make sure that they understand all the details, like where it goes, whether their hair will be ''unsuitable'' due to chemical processing, grays, length, etc, and what kind of track record the charity has in terms of hair to wigs produced ratios.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results