shape
carat
color
clarity

I haven''t really been feeling the mahenge spinels...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2010 12:24:10 AM
Author: digitaldevo
Mahenge spinels come in a variety of flavors from pinks in super hot to bubblegum and to more reds as well as purples and even the most amazing blues you have ever seen. Funny thing is it is the blues that are extremely rare, the pinks are far more common, but none of them is super common. My favorites are the Mahenge color change spinels that go from blue to purple!
Do you have any pictures of the Mahenge blue to purple colour changer spinels? I’d love to see one. Is the intensity of colour much like the red/pink Mahenges where they have that distinctive intensity and pop of colour?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2010 12:24:10 AM
Author: digitaldevo
Mahenge spinels come in a variety of flavors from pinks in super hot to bubblegum and to more reds as well as purples and even the most amazing blues you have ever seen. Funny thing is it is the blues that are extremely rare, the pinks are far more common, but none of them is super common. My favorites are the Mahenge color change spinels that go from blue to purple!

Dig,
Are you sure you're not talking about the Tunduru blue to purple spinels? I have a couple myself. I think the name "Mahenge" also suggests a color, like hot pink, red, and those warm colors.

Would love to see photos if you have any in your collection.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stones but I have to agree that they are expensive... admiring from my monitor is the best way to go for now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results