shape
carat
color
clarity

I have two dresses now...which one?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your first dress better.... I don''t like this one - you''re right it does nothing for your figure. The back pleat is nice but..... I''ll just leave it at I like the other one better.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I like the first dress.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 1:54:46 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Okay KC I gotta say this.... either show your face or do a marie antoinette because that semiblur thing is just CREEPY lol
<~ watching children of the corn haha
You crack me up Cehra! Sorry about that, my photoshop skills are not great...I''ll try to do something a little less creepy next time LOL!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals, you''ve actually summed up what I''ve been feeling all along. Number two does nothing for me even though it''s a generally pretty dress. I definitely like number one better...but I''ve just been trying to rationalize getting rid of a perfectly fine other dress that costs less. This is just silly! I need to just get over it since I spend thousands on diamonds LOL! It''s strange, but I''m actually really frugal about most things.

Altering the second gown isn''t something I''ve thought about, but it could be a good idea! A cumberbund could look nice, but I think it might scrunch the empire waist. The fabric of that dress is definitely nicer, but I love the gathering around the bust on the first gown so much I think I rather alter that one.

Eeek, before I decide anything I''m going to ask my mother...I don''t always like to talk to her about these things, but she''ll be honest with me. I''m leaning towards selling the jcrew dress and going with my original. On a side note, I think I can get almost all of what I paid for the jcrew dress because they are selling for about $60-70 on ebay. Yayers!

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one better; however, considering the circumstances, I would do the second one and add a little something to it.

I hope this helps!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi K,

I DEFINITELY like your original dress more. It just flatters you so much better than the second dress, which just hangs on you, and honestly (dont shoot me!!!) looks more like a night gown than a wedding gown...Sorry, jmho.
2.gif
But you have a great figure that that second dress doesnt even allow you to show off at all, ya know? The first dress looks like its better made, and that design in the front is just visually more interesting and it just all around looks better on you. I know it needs alterations, but it will look simply elegant and beautiful when its all done!
2.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
another vote for the first dress.
i love, love, love, love it!

also, does it have to be a 200 alteration? that seems expensive.
i mean, even if it is 200, i still would chose #1, but i was just wondering if you could price around for a better alteration cost? or could you mom not do it? since she is making the brides maids dresses she sounds like an experienced seamstress.

i dont know, i clearly dont know anything about sewing and these are probably silly suggestions.

but i know i LOVE dress #1!

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
I think the first dress from Macy''s is better looking. It looks very unique and charming!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go with the classic jcrew. The quality of the fabric of the J Crew dress vs the macys dress is very apparent in the photos. And it matches your shoes perfectly!! Adding a sash is a lovely idea too. Or maybe a light blue or cream silk ribbon..

It looks like a perfect fit. Empire waists are supposed to look like that. Love it.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
The 1st dress is a lot more flattering on you. It drapes nicer. The empire waist on the 2nd one doesn''t do much for your figure and potentially looks as though you could be hiding a baby bump in there somewhere.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I like the second on much better!

beaming

Rough_Rock
#1 - more unique!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results