shape
carat
color
clarity

I have the rock but not her setting. Ask anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yostevo

Rough_Rock
We are going to Miami beach next Friday and I''ve been trying like haites to get the setting I had in mind but it wouldn''t be done in time. Ideally, I want to pop the question while on vacation and the jeweler said they could give a temp setting and re-mount the whole thing with either her choice of setting or the one I had in mind in the first place.

Do you think most women would be ok with this? I mean, it''s still her rock that she''ll be looking at when she opens the box but not the whole ring. It''s really all about the moment in my mind. But ladies, what do you think? We''d get the setting in the works to be made the minute we got home. The one big drawback is that people will want to see her ring and it won''t quite be the one yet. Big deal?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you go temporary thats a fantastic idea so that she can help pick her final setting.

That''s how my fiance proposed to me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely think that's okay! In my opinion, that would be preferable. Then she can pick the semimount that she likes later, but you still get to propose on vacation. Not a big deal that people would want to see her ring immediately but it's only in a temporary setting.

One of my very good friends was proposed to with a stone in a temporary setting. Of course I wanted to see it and frankly, we just kept ogling the stone so much, it really wasn't about the ring. It'll just make her friends more excited to see what the ring ends up looking like when she finally picks out her setting. Go for it!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the idea!! it would be great if she could pick her own setting and i''m sure she doesn''t want to wait for that rock any longer!! best of luck!!!!
2.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
personally id be happier having some input--------you''ll be golden

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually, I thinks that''s the best way to do it. You get to have a romantic proposal while on vacation, and when you get back she gets to pick out what she really wants. Good luck!

yostevo

Rough_Rock
Whew! I''m glad to hear these responses! I could wait and have the ring completely finished in time for our anniversary but I love the element of surprise on vacaction next week. I don''t think she''ll have it on the brain while on vacation. Anniversary, now that would be different.

I want to take her for a walk on the beach at sunset and have someone write "____ will you marry me" in the sand and we happen upon it. Maybe surround it with candles and roses??
10.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone else about the temporary setting, so another comment about that is really redundant. However, I reall like your proposal idea. That''s very sweet.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 12:24
6.gif
8 PM
Author: yostevo
Whew! I''m glad to hear these responses! I could wait and have the ring completely finished in time for our anniversary but I love the element of surprise on vacaction next week. I don''t think she''ll have it on the brain while on vacation. Anniversary, now that would be different.

I want to take her for a walk on the beach at sunset and have someone write ''____ will you marry me'' in the sand and we happen upon it. Maybe surround it with candles and roses??
10.gif
thats nauseating
emotion-41.gif
.................(i am smiling.............but still nauseated)

yostevo

Rough_Rock
Romantic type I see?? She''s a sucker for it and whatever gets me lucky!
emsmilep.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results