shape
carat
color
clarity

I have reached the next level of LIW-itis.....

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
I now dream about rings!!

Crazy.

Anyway, living in Perth, Australia (the worlds most isolated city) there isn't much to choose from here except for overpriced, poor quality chain jewellers, or go custom, so I haven't been able to try on anything even remotely close to what I want. I've been able to try different stone shapes in basic styles to get a vague idea and that's it. I really want an August vintage cushion and still deciding on the halo vs. solitaire with pave band. It's hard to even find cushion cuts here, I have been able to find one chain jeweller who had a few cushions. I actually went to one jeweller, asked if they had any cushions and was told 'oh no, you don't want a cushion!' I was a bit taken aback and said yes, I do actually....to which she replied 'darling I has been working in jewellery for 30 years, cushions are poor quality. You need to buy a round or princess because they sparkle more and that's what everyone wants. They are the best diamonds.' I was shocked!

Anyway that was a bit of a tangent....I am planning on getting my stone and setting from the US when the time comes because of the value for money, better quality and wider choice available. But I am worried about not seeing the setting in real life first, and the other night I had a dream I saw a Tacori 2620 in the window of a tiny jewellery shop here and got to try it on! I was so happy, and the dream jeweller was awesome and had a selection of AVC's for me to choose from! :D it was perfect!

Does anyone else dream about their rings or impending proposals? Or am I next-level crazy? :???:

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
I've had a few "nightmares" in which he gave me a hideous ring that wasn't at all what I wanted! In one case it was a black pearl (which some people may like but is definitely not my style, and clearly doesn't sparkle :bigsmile: ) Maybe you can visit somewhere with more options to try on? Another city perhaps?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Oooh girl I definitely feel ya. I bet that store assistant had never seen a good cushion!! That's okay though, more power to you and also more likely you will get a beautiful rock that no one around you will have anything similar to! Have you seen the picture of my AVC in the Tacori 2620? It is in the updates thread I think. The tiny halo is more underneath and not so in your face. Doesn't overwhelm or take away from the vintage flashes. Since you can't decide, it might be something you really like!

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
No I haven't, will have a hunt for it now! I really love the tacori 2620, it's that or something similar to the Ritani Endless Love with no halo, I like the idea of having sapphires in the bit that wraps around the basket (not sure what the correct term is) instead of diamonds. But I think I would need a larger centre stone for that setting, I am looking at under a carat (the rubbish I have tried on here at least gives me an idea of size, and amazingly I liked the smaller diamonds more! I liked around 1ct for a solitaire and smaller with a halo, but then again the only halos to try all had much larger melee, so you can see why I am finding it hard to get an idea of what I want!)

Sadly no real chance of going to another city to try, Perth is about a 4 or 5 hour flight from anywhere! At this stage it's just idle looking by myself, no definite buying yet. I have found lots of pictures online that I like but it's just not really the same as trying on....I can't believe I dreamt about it hehe, I said to my boyfriend 'I had the funniest dream...' then realized it was crazy so didn't tell him :lol:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
you can always post it again pandabee...you know i can't get enough of that beauty!

Philly, thats a great dream to have! Can't go wrong with an AVC! :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I haven't had any happy ring dreams, just nightmares! So glad that I actually know exactly what my ring is like and that I don't have to *really* worry about that!

I hope that you're able to decide what you want!

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
Oooh thank you Audball! I will definitely try to go, I would love to see some beautiful sparklies in person!! I have joined in that thread :)

LoveLikeCrazy, yes it was a great dream - but then I was so sad it wasn't real!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
All right LLC..if you insist! :naughty: I can't capture any decent shots in my bedroom lighting so these will have to do for now...

audball

Ideal_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1354494445|3320855 said:
Oooh thank you Audball! I will definitely try to go, I would love to see some beautiful sparklies in person!! I have joined in that thread :)

LoveLikeCrazy, yes it was a great dream - but then I was so sad it wasn't real!
I hope you're able to go! Justginger's cushion will rock your world. And it sounds like Zahra is trying to make it too! Another honking antique cushion!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ooh found these from a few days ago!! Some nice sunshine shots while in my car...as if you still need convincing of the amazingness that is an AVC!! :D

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
That's beautiful Pandabee! I do love The tacori 2620 but a part of me worries I might change my mind and prefer something simpler in 29 years time. I do adore it though! What size is your centre stone please?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Philly it's a 1.13ct (6.03x6.41mm) It's currently on a 7.5 ring but that's clearly too big for me, we haven't had a have to get it sized yet. I should be a 6 (could prob do 5.5 but I suppose it should be a little loose to fit with the wedder eventually)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rule of advice from an old married lady: stay away from any jeweller who refers to you as "darling"! :cheeky: :bigsmile:

May your wait in the list be short!

cheers--Sharon

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't had dreams about my ring, per se. But, I had an awful, AWFUL dream last night.

I was at some big party, and all three of my ex's were there with their gf's. And they ALL proposed and then the girls all crowded around me, showing off their bling. I tried to leave, but it was one of those dreams where your legs refuse to move. One of the girls had my dream ring (the one I sent the links to M for) and she kept saying how it was "tooooooo perfect" and "too bad it'll never be yours now!"

Oh my god. I woke up SHAKING! I was so upset. How terrible! If it wouldn't have been 6 a.m. and a Tuesday, I would have opened a friggin' beer, sat down, and tried to calm down. :lol:

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness!! That is awful!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1354659094|3322524 said:
HI:

Rule of advice from an old married lady: stay away from any jeweller who refers to you as "darling"! :cheeky: :bigsmile:

May your wait in the list be short!

cheers--Sharon

Or stay away from any jeweler that thinks all cushion cuts are badly cut! ;))
Every time a jeweler says something stupid like that, I nix them from my list of potential providers. I have a black list in my head of many places, lol.

I hope you can make it to the Perth meet up, and get to see some well cut diamonds! Do any of the Perth PS'ers have AVCs? I know a few of them have authentic antiques, and susimoo has her H&A, but those aren't the same. Either way, at least you'll be seeing top tiered quality jewelry. :naughty: :naughty:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1354673319|3322767 said:
I haven't had dreams about my ring, per se. But, I had an awful, AWFUL dream last night.

I was at some big party, and all three of my ex's were there with their gf's. And they ALL proposed and then the girls all crowded around me, showing off their bling. I tried to leave, but it was one of those dreams where your legs refuse to move. One of the girls had my dream ring (the one I sent the links to M for) and she kept saying how it was "tooooooo perfect" and "too bad it'll never be yours now!"

Oh my god. I woke up SHAKING! I was so upset. How terrible! If it wouldn't have been 6 a.m. and a Tuesday, I would have opened a friggin' beer, sat down, and tried to calm down. :lol:

Ahh what a terrible dream!! At least you know it's not true ;-)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
@Philly and Panda-

I know, I know. It's probably the worst one I've had in a long time.

And I like canuk-gal's advice.
Not just jewelers, but ANYONE who calls me darling is immediately black listed. I hate that term. Probably more so than boyfriend/girlfriend. :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
*hugs* Heidi! That really is an awful nightmare! :errrr:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1354761950|3323745 said:

LOL.... yeah. I hope that doesn't become a recurring one! :sick:

audball

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1354766761|3323818 said:
audball|1354761950|3323745 said:

LOL.... yeah. I hope that doesn't become a recurring one! :sick:
Definitely!

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
Oh don't worry ladies, the 'darking' jewellery store (they are really just retailers, not jewellers!) was never ever going to be a possibility to purchase from. I am just trying to get an idea of size and basic setting style I like by trying heaps of (rubbish) in the chain stores here. I will definitely be getting (well unless the boyfriend gets silly ideas) an AVC, I just wish I could see IRL and try on the setting it would be going into!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results