shape
carat
color
clarity

I have been browsing cherrypicked.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have really nice stones but I might simply not know how to use this website. There is a chart on the right and a copy of the certificate but usually they do not mention the origin of a stone unless it is, say, Burmese or Kashmir. Also, they often do not say if the stone has been heated or not unless it is in the certificate. I just want to look at what they have, not ask specific questions, sending an emali might be binding to a degree. Is there any way to get more info. about their stones without sending them an email (e.g. when they say "sapphire" without mentioning the origin or treatment, is their any subsection where it is mentioned)?

Also, they have expensive stones which may be worthy of the price but sometimes an $ 14,000.00 stone may just come with "merchant''s guarantee". With their return policy being so short, how do I buy from this website? I was thinking about saving some money and investing into a really nice sapphire and if their stones are nice, then prices may not be totally off but has anyone evere had real experience with them?

Also, do their stones come lighter or darker IRL?

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
I think I know what you''re getting at, though - I wouldn''t ask about twenty stones if my interest was merely academic. And in that regard, it is off-putting that they don''t generally list where their stones are from and if they have been treated in any way.

But just because they offer gems in a higher price range than most sellers online doesn''t mean that an enquiry via e-mail is binding in any way. Enquiring - to me at least - doesn''t mean: "If you answer all my questions to my satisfaction, I will purchase the gem." It is merely an expression of interest. Any response you receive will also give you an idea of the merchant, whether or not you would be comfortable doing business with them.

Sorry I can''t be of more help!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Burmese or Kashmir origin, if it can be determined, will be listed by most vendors as there is a premium attached to such locations. It is safe to presume that a stone is always heated or undergone a form of treatment unless otherwise stated. An inquiry via email or any other method is NEVER binding. What you can do is write an email with general questions without pointing to a particular stone(s) with regard to their short return policy (which they might extend for long distance customers), lack of mention of treatment and origin.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please also bear in mind that they are generally very expensive. They have some gorgeous stones but then some that are less so.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://cherrypicked.com/Gallery/Score.aspx?ItemID=2174

Here is the tread to Kashmir ring. Given the size it may not be expensive (I do not intend to buy it) - but what do you think about the RL color? It looks good on the monitor.

http://cherrypicked.com/Gallery/Score.aspx?ItemID=2013

And how about this one?

How would these stones look IRL?

Chrono, I have read the article from Pala. Thank you very much.

And what do they mean by "natural"? Does it always mean "unheated and untreated?". "Natural" is a very broad term, it may even mean "not synthetic". I think it is somewhat misleading.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natural means exactly that; that it is a real sapphire made by mother nature. It says nothing about whether the stone is heated, unheated, treated or untreated.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nacre

Rough_Rock
Once a gemmologist has completed all of the tests to determine the material, the first word of the determined material will be either natural, or synthetic etc.

Gem ID''s will say "Natural Corundum variety Sapphire" or "Synthetic Corundum" or "Natural Corundum, Synthetic Corundum Doublet". It doesn''t relate in any way to the treatment or enhancement of the stone.

I have a Gemstone Report for a blue 4.74ct Nat Sapp sitting in front of me, non heat treated oval and it is not anywhere near the price of the sapp from CherryPicked.

Their prices seem very very inflated to me, but every website I have visited to check sapp prices seems very inflated to me.

If you want an investment stone I would suggest that you go and look at some in person.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2010 2:27:05 AM
Author: Nacre
Once a gemmologist has completed all of the tests to determine the material, the first word of the determined material will be either natural, or synthetic etc.

Gem ID''s will say ''Natural Corundum variety Sapphire'' or ''Synthetic Corundum'' or ''Natural Corundum, Synthetic Corundum Doublet''. It doesn''t relate in any way to the treatment or enhancement of the stone.

I have a Gemstone Report for a blue 4.74ct Nat Sapp sitting in front of me, non heat treated oval and it is not anywhere near the price of the sapp from CherryPicked.

Their prices seem very very inflated to me, but every website I have visited to check sapp prices seems very inflated to me.

If you want an investment stone I would suggest that you go and look at some in person.
Tried to. But I probably went to wrong places because the sapphires that were shown to me were either too dark, or included, or simply "did not speak to my heart". Guess I have to keep on looking. But thank you all for the feedback on cherrypicked. Their photos, though, are beautiful.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2010 8:36:28 AM
Author: Ilovegemsstones

have you looked at some other dealers

finewater gems

Gemline inc

best of luck
Thank you very much.

Finewater gems has a very nice stone; I do not know if his stones are lighter or darker in real life. Do not know how to "read" his photos.
Price-wise it is better that some other sources.
Gemilne''s stone is heated. I''d buy a heated stone only if it has exceptional color. I have seen a heated Kashmir; you could still see it was an exceptional stone, heated or not. I immediately spotted it in a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results