shape
carat
color
clarity

I have about 6 months to refine this and I need help....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mitch B

Rough_Rock
My girl and I (2 years) just got back from vacation in NYC. I came up with this while we were watching Wicked from the front row (we won the ticket lottery).

I''m thinking Mid-March, Spring Break maybe (it''ll take me that long to get funds put together for this, plus she''s a nursing student). I''d tell her on a Friday morning that we''re going to a show tonight and to be ready by 2:30. Having pre-packed an overnight bag and my suit, I''d dress at work and hire my Limo driving buddy to drive me home to pick her up. Driving toward the city, we''d turn off at the airport and get on a plane for a weekend stay in NYC. I''ve looked at flights and there''s one that leaves non-stop at 4:15 that would put us there at 6:45. I figured on getting tickets to Phantom or another headliner (recommendations would be great) then a nice dinner somewhere, finishing up at the Top of the Rockefeller building. I''ve looked at staying at the London(we stayed at the Millenium Hilton last week), they have rooms with Central Park views.

My conundrum is "When do I pop the question!??" As soon as she sees the airport she''ll know the jig is up, we''ve been talking about getting engaged for last few months already. She''s a geek for the airport, love''s ''em! Should we walk off the gantry in NY and I get down on one knee right in front of the entire airport? Should I keep her waiting (she''ll be a basket case) until right before or after the show? Or should I contain myself until we get to the Top of the Rock? I''ve been married before, I''m an experienced, successful 30 year old man. But, I''m nervous and shaky like a Prom date just typing this.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo...congrats on winning the lottery! And I''m talking about the girl, not the tickets!
9.gif

If you''re wondering *where/when* to pop the question, remember to take into account your girl''s personality. Is she the type that would love being proposed to in front of a big group of people? Or is she more the private type that would really just love for it to be a moment between the two of you? I think that''ll help guide your decision. If she''s an out in public kind of person, and she loves airports, do it there. Maybe before you board the plane in your hometown so you can take your first flight together as fiancees and she can stare at her bling the whole way? If she''s more private, maybe in your hotel room over looking CP? Or in a private-ish nook of Central Park (they do have those) with a carriage ride? Just a few ideas to toss around.

Also, where are you coming from? Is there perhaps a show you can go to in a city nearby so that the jig isn''t up before the ball gets rolling? Obviously you are big theater goers, and I''m sure you can find a big name show on tour (I''d recommend Jersey Boys...it''s AMAZING) and be able to keep things a little more under wraps, and have a bit more of a surprise element. If she loves airports/planes, does your local airport have some sort of lookout point where you can go watch planes take off and propose there?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Have a custom wooden jigsaw puzzle made with a message like "Will you marry me?" embedded in the pieces. You could give it to her as a gift to complete when you first get to the hotel [with some champagne, etc. of course].

Jim Ayer does fine custom work. I have seen some of his puzzles with amazing custom pieces: Linky. Very cool!

From his site: "Marriage Proposal, Wedding, and Anniversary Puzzles - Will you marry me? A jigsaw puzzle makes a memorable way to pop the question and remember the big day."

Mitch B

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately our city isn''t know for its theatre. I like the idea of doing it in our departing airport. I think she would like that most. Like you said, so she can enjoy her first flight as fiance. It''s between Jersey Boys (thanks)and Phantom right now. I''ll definitely check out the jigsaw aspect too, thanks for that!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the flight is long enough -- or the puzzle is simple enough -- maybe you could give her the puzzle to do on the flight. Wait until you get seated and then give it to her.

It would certainly be memorable and you wouldn''t have to worry about the noisy crowd around you.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Another option is to do the puzzle thing in the limo. Or propose when you pick her up. Or do it in time for an "anniversary" and maybe she''ll think that it''s for that and not necessarily a proposal and it buys you time to be able to do it after the show.

You idea sounds lovely!! She''d be thrilled!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results