shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a new sister-in-law and she''s from Ireland!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Last week on the 15th of Sept. in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, my brother got married to a sweet girl named Claire. She is from Ireland and is a really amazing girl. I am so thrilled for them both! This is my little brother''s third time at love and I am praying she is the real deal. My husband and I flew out from our home in Southern California to be there for them and to get to know her. She is such a sweet young woman! Her parents, one of her two sisters, an aunt, a cousin, her sister''s boyfriend and the bride''s best friend came all the way from Ireland for the wedding. It was a grand affair!
emrose.gif

We--my hubby and I--flew in to Nashville on the 13th of Sept., arriving around 11:30pm. My folks flew in earlier in the day from Utah so they met us at the airport. We went on over to the bar where my brother, who is a country singer with his own band, was performing. It had been a little more than 3 years since I saw my brother so I was so excited to see him perform. I cannot say in words what this trip meant to me. My brother and I had been somewhat estranged and with this fresh new chapter of his life about to take place, it was the perfect opportunity for us to connect.
emrainbow.gif

Our trip was brief but wonderful! My new SIL looked amazingly beautiful in her gown on Friday. Her family is jovial, warm and just the best to be around. My new SIL and brother were so aglow that the little chapel in Gatlinburg will never be the same! I am very anxious for her, however, because of the fact that she is leaving a culture that she knows well for one she knows little about. In Ireland, she uses taxis and walks to get where she needs to go. Here in the USA, she will need to learn to drive, to adapt to American ways and adjust to being so many miles aways from her sweet family.

I gently told my new SIL to be prepared to be blue and to pick up the phone to call me anytime. She can also email me as often as she cares to if I can be of comfort to her. I worry for her. She is about 12 years younger than my brother and they plan to have children. She asked me for advice and I cautioned her to take things slow, to invest in acclimating to the US, to driving, to just being a couple for a while before thinking of having a child. I emphasized that she will be more ready to be a mommy after she has given herself time to being in America. I underscored the importance of being alone with her new husband. My SIL embraced me and said she felt so blessed to have a SIL like me! I was truly moved!
emembarrassed.gif

I just wanted to share my good news with you all! Those Irish sure know how to party!
emhot.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deanna - Sounds like you have a wonderful new addition to your family! And you gave her such wise and kind advice about it being OK to be homesick. How sweet of you to offer to be there for her if she needs to reach out to someone.

(BTW, I come from a long line of the partyin'' Irish and I do have to agree with you!
2.gif
)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So nice to hear of a sweet new addition to your family. I''m sure she will lean on you a lot and it IS nice to have a decent, kind SIL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results