Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So...is he a good kisser?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 8:28:46 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Honestly? We''re working on that. Are guys trainable? He''s way too gentle. It''s kinda wussy. lol
I want Clark Gable to kiss me in Gone with the Wind.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 8:52:03 AM
Author: Starset Princess

Honestly? We''re working on that. Are guys trainable? He''s way too gentle. It''s kinda wussy. lol

There are many schools of thought on this. In my experience any kissing direction I''ve given has backfired. I had one guy tell me-but they only kiss that way in the movies! I lead by example. Take the lead and kiss him how you want to be kissed. And when he starts doing things right, let him know with verbal/non verbal cues.

When you get to the more intimate part of the relationship you''re going to have to tell him to be aggressive or you''re just going to have to accept that he''s a more submissive lover than you are and work with it. Sometimes being in control is a lot of fun.

Cinna

Shiny_Rock

Honestly? We're working on that. Are guys trainable? He's way too gentle. It's kinda wussy. lol
I'm sorry, but I just saw this and LOLed at my desk !
9.gif
Isn't that what we all want!
3.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
the first time he kissed me, it was so chaste, i thought "aw, what a sweetie, he has the softest lips!"
5.gif

within about 30 seconds, he was giving clarke gable a run for his money and it hasn''t stopped since!!
9.gif

i am so happy you''re having a great time starset
36.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Ex's behaviour: such utterly predictable male behaviour it's amusing.

I'm so glad you've had the courage to step away from a relationship that wasn't working, and am thrilled it's working out so well for you! Hopefully stories like this will be inspiration for those stuck and unhappy, waiting for something the other person doesn't want to give. Look what happens when you get out there!

I'm sure you're smart enough to take things slow and keep a check on your emotions, in any new relationship, but especially when you've just come out of one. Please take care (although I hope it will be an unnecessary precaution!)

ETA: I hope I haven't overstepped the mark with the last paragraph. I just want you to be safe and happy
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
THRILLED for you.

Keep us posted.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock

According to Vivien Leigh, he had terrible breath and she dreaded the kissing scenes!
3.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
It''s fun to read about someone who is in the early stages of infatuation. I wouldn''t trade my fiance or current situation for anything in the world, but the first few weeks/months of a new relationship are so thrilling. I hope everything is still going well for you. I would just echo Lilykat''s suggestion to keep your emotions in check while you get to know this new guy. I hope he is everything you hope for.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, forget what I said about the kissing. We just needed some time to practice. It''s fantastic
30.gif

So big steps. This weekend, being our fourth weekend together, we are meeting the families. I''m going out for Easter brunch with his parents and brother and his brother''s daughter. Afterward we will travel to my parents house just to visit since we would have eaten already.

When we were parting ways last Sunday he gave me a big hug and whispered, I really, really, really, really, really, really like you.

Of course he''s not leaving his job in Chicago so I''m going to officially start job hunting. Yay! I get to move back to the city
36.gif

I really, really, really, really, really, really like him, too.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
I''m so glad to hear everything is still going well!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
SP: that is so exciting, what a whirlwind! It''s so fun reading about it....eeek...so you''re moving to be closer to him, or with him? how amazing..how long has it been, 3 weeks? This is straight outta the movies!! Please keep us posted :).

I think job searching is a great idea---to be closer to new man but also to close the chapter on ex.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''m excited. I never wanted to leave Chicago in the first place. He lives in an expensive area where Chicago meets Park Ridge so wherever I choose to live will still be a commute, but not 225 miles. I really want to get to know him as well and as fast as possible. I think moving there is my best bet.

I don''t have a specialized occupation like physical therapist so job hunting is going to take a little work. My background is graphic design, photography, event planning, executive assistant, marketing, sales and community organizer. There will be so many directions I can go in a big city and of course I''d like to find out what pays more. This will not be a month long process, but I''m aiming for moving sometime this summer.

He writes me the sweetest letters each night before he goes to bed. Sort of a recap of our times together or things he''s learned about me, but told with a witty sense of humor. He''ll ask me questions about my preferences or how I feel about world news pieces. We align on so much we''ve joked that we should just stop asking questions.

And yes, Janine, getting far away from ex will be very good for me. Working in the same office seeing his sad face isn''t the most energizing part of my day. I''m trying to stay away from his slump.

A

Anonymous

It sounds like you''ve found an amazing man and I''m happy to hear that it''s going so well. Good luck!!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Woo to the Hoo, Miss Starset.

About Damn Time for you to have some spring in your step!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, okay, so I know many people might think "she''s known him for a month and she''s moving to be closer to him?? WHAAA?" And I would normally agree, however, I think this case is an exception. First, you love Chicago, you didn''t want to leave to begin with, so it''s not like you''re taking a risk by moving. Second, this is the perfect "fresh start" because you''ve been wanting to leave your company for a long time. To start fresh in a city you love and put the past behind you sounds like a fabulous idea to me! The fact that the guy you''re falling for just happens to live in the same city is icing on the cake.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 3:58:32 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Okay, okay, so I know many people might think ''she''s known him for a month and she''s moving to be closer to him?? WHAAA?'' And I would normally agree, however, I think this case is an exception. First, you love Chicago, you didn''t want to leave to begin with, so it''s not like you''re taking a risk by moving. Second, this is the perfect ''fresh start'' because you''ve been wanting to leave your company for a long time. To start fresh in a city you love and put the past behind you sounds like a fabulous idea to me! The fact that the guy you''re falling for just happens to live in the same city is icing on the cake.
You''re right. I''m *almost* as excited at the possibility of starting a new job in an environment where I can thrive as I am getting to know Mr. Wonderful better. It''s getting up to 70+ degrees this week and everything is so smiley for me right now. It''s one of those times in life...

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
how goes it honey?

hope things are going swimmingly
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
He came back down this weekend. Went golfing, picked up my bridesmaid shoes, watched basketball, bought a new driver, went out to dinner and yesterday, met each other''s parents.

Met his at Easter brunch at a hotel offering. Then drove to my family''s house and had hors d''oeuvres and beer. Both families are thrilled and are supportive of our pace. We had a wonderful time and I''m headed back up there this weekend.

Oh and we bought a book at Borders that should help me find the perfect job ;-)

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to hear things are still going so well!!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 4:57:05 PM
Author: monkeyprincess
It''s fun to read about someone who is in the early stages of infatuation. I wouldn''t trade my fiance or current situation for anything in the world, but the first few weeks/months of a new relationship are so thrilling. I hope everything is still going well for you. I would just echo Lilykat''s suggestion to keep your emotions in check while you get to know this new guy. I hope he is everything you hope for.

monkeyprincess said everything I was thinking :)
Congratulations !

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2010 8:58:27 PM
Author: Maevie
Date: 3/24/2010 4:57:05 PM

Author: monkeyprincess

monkeyprincess said everything I was thinking :)

Congratulations !

Me too! I caught the tail end of this thread and went back to the beginning to read it all. It''s such an exciting time with all the butterflies! Enjoy it and congrats on finding a good guy!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 10:23:04 AM

This is so strange. I feel very comfortable around him. No creepiness. I already know people that already know him or are related to him (a guy I work with happens to be his cousin and great friend.) Yes, this is moving fast, but not in an OMG you''re a freak way. There''s no way in heck I would make any rash decisions. I''m a strong believer in sharing four seasons together. To that he responded, well good thing Winter is over. I look and act completely different in the summer and I''m insufferable in the fall.
THIS is what makes me think, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah finally!

This is what a grounded, healthy relationship should feel like. It doesn''t matter at this moment if he''s a forever relationship or not; what matters is you''ve found someone that you can be yourself around instead of having to apologize for who you are, what you need, and what you want.

My scenario was similar; hub and i both worked at the same place (and still do), so it was like your situation in that he ''checked out'' as not being an axe murderer. LOL.

I am a researcher and exhaustive homework type; I take six months to analyze, debate, and choose a RADIO.

Hub and I were friends for 3 months before he declared his feelings for me and we began ''dating''; within 3 weeks, we were looking for a place together. I was 37....and I knew instantly that this was different because of what WASN''T happening. Instead of being anxious about ''will this work, how long before I''ll know if this is worthwhile", it was just insanely CALM and comfortable.

Best of luck, SP. You''ve done a lot of strong work in following your own music even when it''s been hard. I have a feeling the payoffs to that are soon forthcoming.
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
A dozen red roses today
36.gif
This time from 1-800
emrose.gif
so I can wait until I get home to open them
2.gif

"Yes I know April 12th was the one month anniversary of us meeting. I just wanted you to know that every day with you is worth celebrating.
I love you with all my heart."

Seriously, the reality of this man is better than any dream I ever had of finding him. He wants me to get a job tomorrow and *move in* with him. Sometimes I wonder, what is this guy doing moving so fast? But then, when I asked for the perfect guy I asked for someone who knew exactly what he wanted, wanted it soon, had a job he loves, isn't too tied down, is crazy about me, enjoys the same passions, has the same values, good kisser, loves his family, honors his friendships, kind to strangers, smart, funny, fun, thinks I'm funny, is touchy-feely, sends flowers, holds hands.... and I got it all. And he *is* crazy about me, and I love it. Yes, pregnancy and fertility may have a factor in us moving quicker than we need to, but then again we can't think of anything we're going to find out about each other at our settled ages that is going to change our minds about how we feel about each other. I'm 34 and good things come to those who wait.

I've decided to start the job hunt with the intentions of moving in this summer.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
a dozen roses? lucky girl!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I am truly, truly happy for you! He sounds amazing, and you sound so very very happy! I loved what he said in response to your ''four seasons'' thing. Crossing my fingers and toes for you!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! I hope you find a job closer to him soon!
36.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
he sounds amazing, I''m so happy you''re happy!

34 isn''t old btw, don''t let the "advanced maternal age" doc-speak freak you out. I have numerous friends that had babies as late as 42. (btw, I''m 34 too)

Hope he continues to WOW you!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Like, does he have a brother?
31.gif

no honey, come back..... didn''t mean it....you''re the only man for meeeeeee...........

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results