shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a complaint

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Hmm...been a member barely a week and I already have a complaint!!
1.gif

I saw a post by one of you girls being bothered by the title of "girlfriend" and this is along those same lines...

Almost all of my close friends have been referring to my boyfriend as my "hubby" or "husband" when talking about him to me. On one hand I find it sweet that they see us going the distance and know that we''re good for eachother, so sometimes I laugh or ignore it. Other times, I will do what I''m thinking, and that''s to throw my naked left hand in the air and say "Umm...I don''t think he''s earned that title yet!" It really depends on my mood what reaction I have to it but it does get under my skin occasionally.

That is all.
9.gif

VikingP77

Rough_Rock
I don''t even call my bf that, I want to but when I go to call him hubby I think...hey he doesn''t deserve that yet!
9.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
that''s really weird...i wouldn''t refer to someone as a ''husband'' unless they are married!

ojodeazul

Rough_Rock
That never bothered me even before we were technically engaged. From about the second year we were dating everyone called me his wife and him my husband, especially already married friends. It was pretty funny, in fact if common law marriage still existed in the state we live, we would have satisfied that requirement year before being engaged...

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I remember a thread where someone was saying that it seems like it''s becoming more common for people to use "hubby" and "husband" when they talk about their own relationships when they are not engaged or married to the man, such as women refering to their BF as their hubby of facebook.

I think your friends using those terms about you is, while it probably has sweet intentions, a little weird and potentially very anoying.

As much as I feel, after the length of time BF and I have known each other, been together and lived together the word boyfriend dosn''t adequately express our relationship, he is still my boyfriend or my partner or my significant other.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
heehee.. I started that post.

welcome to LIW kateydid05

I have some friends who called their bf/gf hubby/wifey too. I think it kinda weird. One time I made my bf call me his "wife". He didn''t want to... but eventually he did.. ONCE. It felt weird. haha... I know.. I''m weird. I just want to be promoted from gf to fiance SOON.
31.gif

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 12:07:17 AM
Author: beezygal
heehee.. I started that post.

welcome to LIW kateydid05

I have some friends who called their bf/gf hubby/wifey too. I think it kinda weird. One time I made my bf call me his ''wife''. He didn''t want to... but eventually he did.. ONCE. It felt weird. haha... I know.. I''m weird. I just want to be promoted from gf to fiance SOON.
31.gif

Saying those titles out loud is really weird!! I can''t see my boyfriend referring to me as fiance either...i''ll probably be girlfriend until the wedding, haha. I know my friends have good intentions and they''ve been around since about the time my boyfriend and I started dating so they know it''s only a matter of time. I would personally not refer to my boyfriend as such, but I know their hearts are in the right place and they''re kidding around.

Can''t help but get annoyed every once and awhile!!
2.gif

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 6:12:28 PM
Author: 4ever
I remember a thread where someone was saying that it seems like it''s becoming more common for people to use ''hubby'' and ''husband'' when they talk about their own relationships when they are not engaged or married to the man, such as women refering to their BF as their hubby of facebook.

I think your friends using those terms about you is, while it probably has sweet intentions, a little weird and potentially very anoying.

As much as I feel, after the length of time BF and I have known each other, been together and lived together the word boyfriend dosn''t adequately express our relationship, he is still my boyfriend or my partner or my significant other.
4ever, I couldn''t agree more with this!!
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results