shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate to ask this....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I just recently got engaged and some of you may remember my posts. I absolutely LOVE my ring and would NOT trade it, but something''s been bugging me in the back of my mind. I know my fiance sacrificed some clarity for size and I''m happy with that. I just want to make sure it wasn''t the wrong decision. It''s a 2.01 carat, I1 grade, I color. I have never seen a ring on this forum that is less than a S12. In my opinion, it sparkles and shines just perfectly. I can see a couple of flaws when I look very closely. It''s appraised at 15 and I know he paid less than that (not sure if it''s proper etiquette to discuss cost even if this site is called "pricescope"). Does this sound reasonable? I will admit that I am nowhere near a diamond expert. I believe it to be a great cut and it''s a deep (longer?) cut.

IMG00044.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi,

Your ring looks beautiful in the picture. From what I recall, I've seen 2 I1s that have been posted that were VERY beautiful because they were cut properly and you're saying your ring "sparkles and shines just perfectly," so you have a GREAT stone!

Try not to compare your ring to other rings on PS, because with the numerous amounts of jewelry shown here, there will always be some aspect of your pieces that will be different than others and leave you questioning your decision. You've got to try and keep things in perspective and ENJOY your gorgeous engagment ring!

Congratulations to you
1.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I have enjoyed my e ring EMENSELY!! I just had that thought in the back of my mind and it did not get in the way of my absolute love for this ring! I''m obsessed with it, but I mostly just wanted to make sure we didn''t get jipped. Like I said, I''m no expert.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love your ring, DO NOT obsess over the amount of money that was paid. You love your ring and that''s what counts!!!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
You are absolutely right. I was honestly scared someone would reply with "I1?? He got jipped!"

I don''t have any clearer pics of the stone at work...only pics taken with my blackberry.

Thanks..I know not to compare to other rings on PS. All are beautiful in their own way!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE a good I1 and own 2, I would also buy them both again in a heartbeat!! Your diamond looks stunning! I know there are some who would never consider an I1, but there are those of us who are delighted I1 owners, so know you made a great decision and enjoy your gorgeous rock!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Oh the shame of a double post.

Look away!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really sparkly. I wouldn''t worry about it, the main thing is that you love the ring! Enjoy wearing it!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Steel!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 1:36:41 PM
Author: Courtneylub
You are absolutely right. I was honestly scared someone would reply with 'I1?? He got jipped!'

I don't have any clearer pics of the stone at work...only pics taken with my blackberry.

Thanks..I know not to compare to other rings on PS. All are beautiful in their own way!
Has anyone in "real life" asked what the clarity of your ring is? I've wondered with my earrings if I told someone what the clarity is, would they think differently of them. Many regular non-PS people are misinformed and would judge based on the clarity and not even look closely at your stone to see how much it sparkles, which could result in a hurtful situation for you IF you let it be.

If this is an issue and the clarity quesition could possibly "scare" you, then if a person asks the clarity, just avoid problems by saying you don't know but you DO know it's a "gorgeous 2 ct. stone!" lol They will not be able to argue with that!
9.gif

Happy Holidays!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
No one has asked me anything in real life except for the size. Everyone''s reaction has been "WOW!" I even had one friend look at it so closely, he must''ve been looking for flaws. His response was still "Tell your man he did GOOD."

HappyFish

Rough_Rock
For diamond fans with a budget (which is pretty much everyone
41.gif
), sparkle (cut) and size are the most important factors. Your FI did an excellent job.
9.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
My earrings are I1 and I absolutely LOVE them. They are 1.5 ct each (3.03 tw) and they are perfect (for me)! I knew I wanted larger stones, and DH knew I would upgrade eventually if we went smaller (thank God he loves me!) so we went with it. Both stones look very clean but under a loupe one is much more clean than the other. To the naked eye, up close, one looks like it has a couple clouds where one of the prongs are set but that's about it, no dark inclusions or big feathers, and the the other you can't see anything. They sparkle like crazy and I often catch people staring at them when they are speaking to me!! If I went with the same size stones with a better clarity I would have paid ten's of thousands more and that is just not something that would sit right with me.

ETA: CONGRATS on your new beauty!!! It certainly does shine, I can't wait to see more pics!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, it is a gorgeous ring. As long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters. Congratulations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results