shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate the mail

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok so I might be *a little* melodramatic here but does anyone else feel like their sole happiness in life is sometimes checking the mail to see if you got anything that is wonderful and sparkly in it
9.gif
And then are completely let down because you have no packages- just bills
7.gif

Can you tell I''m waiting on packages from Barry and Dan
36.gif

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
I thought that I was the only one checking the mail several times (well not exactly the mail but I have the tracking information so I have been checking on-line) yesterday!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Me, too!!!!

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hrmph..I can sympathize..!
how about waiting at home all day as your package is due to be delivered that day...
only to have to chase around the postal service for the next 2 days as the delivery guy tried to steal it...

Or, you have a clearly visible door bell, but they just drop the package on the ground and don''t even ring it...
Yeah, I can definately relate, lol..
29.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just have the one gemstone purchase, and didn''t have a lot of time to be antsy about it getting here-we have the greatest mailman ever, and he comes about the same time every day. So when it started getting close to the time I got really excited. Dana sent the stones the same way D&T did and it took 3 days, so I had an idea.

However, when you all post that you''re waiting for things, I admit I sit here and refresh a million times and have mumbled a time or several about the mailmen not caring that other people are being affected by their slowness.

When I''ve bought other things from the internet tho, and don''t know how long they''ll take to get here, I feel the ants in my pants can''t sit still anxiousness.

I think when I finally get my spinel set, I''ll be pacing the floor when I know it''s on its way!

What gets *me* is waiting for emails. I sit here and refresh over and over. I''m waiting to hear back about a puppy, and it''s driving me bonkers to see if we''re going to get it or not.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hard to wait. Usually I''m waiting on PSers to post photos. I just live through PS stone photos...ah.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
One of my package is stuck in customs, been there since 4 Sept and no updates since, I''m quite concern.
38.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yup yup, its a love/hate relationship with the mailman.

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 4:11:45 AM
Author: Lovinggems
One of my package is stuck in customs, been there since 4 Sept and no updates since, I''m quite concern.

38.gif

I sent a package on Aug 04 to Canada and it took almost 5 weeks to get there. Received it, but still no update.
29.gif

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 1:20:49 AM
Author: arjunajane

how about waiting at home all day as your package is due to be delivered that day...

only to have to chase around the postal service for the next 2 days as the delivery guy tried to steal it...

Or, you have a clearly visible door bell, but they just drop the package on the ground and don''t even ring it...

29.gif

How about waiting at home all day and later checked on website it said they missed us, whatttt? . No one came to my door to ring a bell . No note left in the first time. Then, the second, the third time they left notes in my mail box. Not even came to my house that made me so mad
29.gif
. I made a complain to post office. I don''t know anything change because after those sparkly packages I don''t have any funding to test my mail carrier yet.

Sorry if it outs of topic.
26.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 2:41:25 PM
Author: dh97

29.gif

How about waiting at home all day and later checked on website it said they missed us, whatttt? . No one came to my door to ring a bell . No note left in the first time. Then, the second, the third time they left notes in my mail box. Not even came to my house that made me so mad
29.gif
. I made a complain to post office. I don''t know anything change because after those sparkly packages I don''t have any funding to test my mail carrier yet.

26.gif

OMG, I can totally relate to that. I was home all day waiting for my new SS pearl necklace and when I checked my mailbox, I got the "Sorry We Missed You!" slip from USPS. Hello....did you try knocking the door?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The mail is evil. I''m awaiting another sparkly package from Freke, but it''s taking forever because of the holiday!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish they would invent a transporter like on Star Trek where you could get your gems instantaneously!! The mail drives me nuts too, but at least my mail carrier rings the doorbell, and she''s very nice. I have to give her a gift for Xmas.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 4:40:57 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Date: 9/9/2009 2:41:25 PM

Author: dh97

29.gif

29.gif

26.gif

OMG, I can totally relate to that. I was home all day waiting for my new SS pearl necklace and when I checked my mailbox, I got the ''Sorry We Missed You!'' slip from USPS. Hello....did you try knocking the door?

lol...at least you guys get slips/notes!
My guy just bails with my packages and doesn''t come back
20.gif

I''m hoping he''s learned a lesson after the last time..we''ll see.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Arajuna- that just makes me
29.gif
. That is the only good thing living on base. When we get a package they give us a slip and I just turn in the slip- I don''t have to wait for the post man in that respect or worry that my mailman might take my things...but still- I thought tampering with the mail is a felony- the USPS didn''t fire the guy?!
6.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 12:42:38 AM
Author: Sarahbear621
I''m sorry Arajuna- that just makes me
29.gif
. That is the only good thing living on base. When we get a package they give us a slip and I just turn in the slip- I don''t have to wait for the post man in that respect or worry that my mailman might take my things...but still- I thought tampering with the mail is a felony- the USPS didn''t fire the guy?!
6.gif

Thanks sarah - I''m in Australia. And yes, it''s also a Commonwealth offense here,but nope not fired. Not even disciplined as far I could tell. Was cut a break because he was new

20.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gotcha! My husband and I are trying to get over to Australia this year before we head back to the states. It is semi frustrating that it costs more to fly to Australia from japan then it does on the east coast though the flight number is significantly shorter!
38.gif

Anyhow- I get to check the mail in 1 hour- cross your fingers for me!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 2:00:20 AM
Author: Sarahbear621
Gotcha! My husband and I are trying to get over to Australia this year before we head back to the states. It is semi frustrating that it costs more to fly to Australia from japan then it does on the east coast though the flight number is significantly shorter!
38.gif

Anyhow- I get to check the mail in 1 hour- cross your fingers for me!

ha ha, tell me about it. I''ve never been to the east coast of Australia as it''s always been cheaper to go on holiday to SE Asia instead!( from the west coast). But that is improving now..
Let me know if you guys do decide to visit, and good luck with your mail
5.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
You know I will! Can I twist your arm into going Jewelry shopping?
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results