shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate it when service people are flirty, creepy!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2008 6:31:59 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Well, there''s flirting and then there''s sex talk (which is wayyy beyond what I consider flirting)
23.gif

When I was a young woman I was very beautiful. Most men flirted with me, whether service people, men on the subway, in restaurants, library, you name it.
2.gif

I never minded a light compliment or two. If someone made comments with obvious sexual overtones I would simply arch my brow and say ''excuse me, what did you say'' with my drop dead creep stare.

I''m never intimidated. I have a gun and I know how to use it
9.gif
pictures please!!
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don''t want to know what my lifeguard says to me. He gives me lessons when my trainer isn''t around. Maybe I should stop taking them.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If he is inappropriate and makes you uncomfortable, hell yes.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 10:11:15 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 10/15/2008 6:48:28 PM

Author: strmrdr

Yea it is creepy and it is also illegal in many states.

Several states have laws specifically to address it.

I do home computer repairs and the reverse is just as creepy!

To the point that when I show up and someone answers the door in a house coat I tell them I will come back when they are dressed and leave.

You would not believe how often this happens specially when I was doing service calls for a national brand.

It doesn''t happen with my clients.

Well except for one lady that at her office with dozens of people around when I had to crawl under the desk to dig the computer out I found her unmentionables laying there on the floor and when I moved from under the desk she was intentionally standing in a certain position with a short skirt on... well you get the picture...

Creepy!!
you lucky dude.
2.gif

Storm seems like a nice guy... I bet he didn''t consider himself lucky.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 3:02:29 PM
Author: oobiecoo

Storm seems like a nice guy... I bet he didn''t consider himself lucky.

Thanks and your right I didn''t consider it lucky it was creepy.
More than anything else I feel sorry for her that she felt she had to get attention that way.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 10:31:13 PM
Author: diamondfan
If he is inappropriate and makes you uncomfortable, hell yes.
Is touching me on the small of my back while saying "bye" inappropriate? I'm afraid I'm not as attuned to impropriety anymore. It's probably a result of dealing with men.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
depends, Harriet. I do not know your personal space issues. It is one thing if he is touchy and not sexual and YOU do not mind. It is also dependant on his verbal stuff, if he says things that you find inappropriate or offensive.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Funny - I just got back from a car dealership and the service guy was very "friendly" and gave me my part (a couple new batteries for our key fobs) for free. I have bought these before, and it was a $35 item. Now 2 for free. I guess that was the "value" he assigned to his friendliness and the "view" he got. Yeesh.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS Harriet, not sure what that last comment means. Some guys are more flirty and think nothing of it, but yet, if YOU are made uncomfortable, it is not cool. And you need to say so. If a guy is really clueless and just acts that way, ignoring your inner voice or feelings is not helpful. Women are often too afraid to hurt anyone''s feelings so they do not speak up. Say, "Joe, it makes me uncomfortable when you touch me in a familiar way". No one needs to be rude or nasty, but say it plainly. If it continues, I am sure there are other people you can go to for your needs.

I also have found there are times when a guy is nicer or gives better service to a woman who is attractive. I have had men go out of their way to be helpful to me and I am not always upset about that! As long as nothing violates my personal comfort level (which is pretty middle of the road) I am fine with a smile or a pleasantry. But someone in MY home who acts too familiar would creep me out.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your advice, sweet Caro-li-ine. Let''s just say that gem dealers can be rather rough around the edges.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 8:54:02 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 10/15/2008 6:31:59 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Well, there''s flirting and then there''s sex talk (which is wayyy beyond what I consider flirting)
23.gif

When I was a young woman I was very beautiful. Most men flirted with me, whether service people, men on the subway, in restaurants, library, you name it.
2.gif

I never minded a light compliment or two. If someone made comments with obvious sexual overtones I would simply arch my brow and say ''excuse me, what did you say'' with my drop dead creep stare.

I''m never intimidated. I have a gun and I know how to use it
9.gif
me too,but mine shoots blank.
39.gif
That joke just made my day!
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Depends on the nature of the flirting. If it''s just an older guy being polite and complimenting me (some older gentlemen have the nicest way of saying you''re a pretty girl without being creepy) it''s nice. If it''s some dirty guy (who is obviously big enough to hurt me and knows it) coming into my own house and being suggestive and sleazy, that is a whole different situation. There are a lot of construction guys around my house and some of them have made me feel very uncomfortable, while others really make me smile when I''m not in a threatening situation. They''re still a little crude, but hey... why not be able to smile about it when there''s no danger? One of the guys at a gas station said to his friend, "hold on I''m gonna get the door for this pretty girl." I smiled at him and said thanks and he said "holy $h!t she''s beautiful, she just made my day!" I couldn''t help but laugh and feel like I must have looked pretty hot that day. Some days you can really use a pick me up like that
1.gif
But again, in my own house with no one else around, I may not have felt so comfortable.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I am really strict about the fact that I never accept deliveries or am at home when plumber, carpenter are in my house. It''s one of my rules. The person ALREADY has you in a secluded place!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t bother me, take it as a compliment..you must be a very attractive lady!!
emwink.gif

Men flirt everywhere, anywhere..it''s just their nature. If you were not such a "looker"..they''d leave ya alone! lol

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
My Ex''s uncle used to love to hug me.....he''d grab me, in front of everyone in the room, and give me a tight bearhug and squeal "I just love hugging her".....you can guess why....it would gross me out and I would avoid him like the plague after that.

There was this guy at work who would come around and "take a look" at me and try to hug me....for the same reason. He wanted to get a feel of "the girls" and it was SO gross! I thought it was innocent at first, but it got out of hand. I told DH about it and finally realized that this guy was harassing me instead of being my friend.

I will not let any stranger in my home without DH present. Partly, due to my having SLE lupus and I don''t feel well most of the time. The other part is that I''m currently in the market for a Glock 40 and don''t have it yet.

Karl - my natural Father was a mailman for 30 years and he can tell stories about partially dressed customers he''s encountered. Same thing goes for my late Stepfather. He was a milkman, back in the day when milk was delivered to the doorstep, and dealt with the same thing.

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results