shape
carat
color
clarity

I had to say it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Multicolour has some affordable rubies!! If I didn''t have my Barry ruby, and then purchased another ruby and a diamond within the last 2 weeks
23.gif
I would totally look into Multicolour for a ruby. Their cuts are mostly wonky (think lots of rovals) but they are less expensive than anywhere else I''ve seen. I''m having a little bit of a do''h moment after spending a lot of $$$ and then remembering to scout out Multicolour and realizing how affordable they are.

Does anyone have any experience with their rubies/pink-purple sapphires?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I know nothing about MC rubies or sapphires but I do love my spinel, demantoid, and sphene multicolour gems.
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
What do you think about their cuts? Are they decent native cuts?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe they're affordable because they're glass filled??? I'm not sure if MC.com sells such treated stones, but I do know they started selling diffused sapphires recently, so nothing surprises me.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 11:31:43 PM
Author: IndyLady
What do you think about their cuts? Are they decent native cuts?

Decent is subjective but I think most are at least ok. Some are good and some aren''t. Sometimes it takes a lot of digging and fine tuning your search criteria to find what you''re after. Definitely look at the descriptions and pictures. It wouldn''t hurt to email them when in doubt.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 11:35:03 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Maybe they''re affordable because they''re glass filled??? I''m not sure if MC.com sells such treated stones, but I do know they started selling diffused sapphires recently, so nothing surprises me.

I think they disclose the treatments.
33.gif
I''d send David an email if you''re in doubt Indy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 11:42:24 PM
Author: brandy_z28

Maybe they're affordable because they're glass filled??? I'm not sure if MC.com sells such treated stones, but I do know they started selling diffused sapphires recently, so nothing surprises me.

33.gif
I'd send David an email if you're in doubt Indy.
It states (H) for "Heat Enhancement" on some of them, but like you said, I would email David to make sure. Heat could also entail diffusion, glass filling, or just plain heat.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 11:48:09 PM
Date: 3/24/2010 11:42:24 PM

Author: brandy_z28

Maybe they''re affordable because they''re glass filled??? I''m not sure if MC.com sells such treated stones, but I do know they started selling diffused sapphires recently, so nothing surprises me.

33.gif
I''d send David an email if you''re in doubt Indy.

It states (H) for ''Heat Enhancement'' on some of them, but like you said, I would email David to make sure. Heat could also entail diffusion, glass filling, or just plain heat.

The diffused sapphires/rubies are labeled diffused. I do recommend contacting a vendor before any major (or minor) purchase.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Have you posted pics of your new stones yet?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t received them yet though I keep checking my mail!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 1:10:06 AM
Author: IndyLady
I haven''t received them yet though I keep checking my mail!

Which Berry ruby did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results