shape
carat
color
clarity

I had a red & green Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to share with all you CS''ers what I got under the Christmas tree
emsmile.gif

First up, vendor pic of my Paprika Spessartite. I''ve been wanting a concave cut stone ever since I first heard about them (thanks PS!) and this one is a beauty.

Paprika_5278_Spessartite.jpg

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Real life shot

Paprika_Hand_1.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Paprika_Hand_2.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Paprika_Hand_3.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Paprika_Hand_4.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
one of my diamonds got a little bit jealous and decided to try to compete
9.gif

Paprika_Hand_5.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
so the paprika went off to subathe on a tree stump
emwink.gif

Paprika_treestump.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

It really is amazing the orange and yellow flashes I get from this. I wasnt expecting that. Its much more lively than Richard's picture indicated to me.

Now I just have to figure out a setting for it. It will definately be a ring so I can easily admire it all day long but any suggestions will be welcome

I also got a second set of stones which I wasnt expecting, hubby was sneaky and wrapped them all in the same parcel as the paprika.

A 5.05ct peridot and matched set of peridot 4.44 tcw - so I'm torn between thinking ring and earrings for these or all three in a dangly pendant - decisions decisions!
3.gif

Peridot_Hand_3.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone. Richard Homer stones are so amazing. Yes, pictures do not capture the life in his stones. Enjoy your new pretty!
36.gif

ETA - Gorgeous peridot. Now I understand why your Christmas was red and green!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 9:51:16 PM
Author: marcyc
Very pretty!

Thanks Marcy. Its so different to my other stones.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 10:03:23 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Pretty stone. Richard Homer stones are so amazing. Yes, pictures do not capture the life in his stones. Enjoy your new pretty!
36.gif

ETA - Gorgeous peridot. Now I understand why your Christmas was red and green!
Thanks flygril.

Yes the peridot are fab also - IRL the colour is even better. The largest stone has a bit of a window, but I''m hoping that won''t be so noticeable once its set.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones! Merry Christmas to you, indeed!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back and see your green. Your peridot look great!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones! I love the spess! I think it'll look amazing in yellow gold
1.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Peridots are nice, but that spess is really something! My suggestion is yellow gold (preferably high karat, to bring out the richness of color) semi bezel ring (to keep the contemporary feel of the cutting and provide a nice amount of gold visible around the stone, while still keeping it quite open). Something similar to MZ''s spess ring.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, I love the spess! I also think it''d look smashing in yellow gold.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Beautifully faceted spess & lovely peridots!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Just love those burning ember-esque spess stones! So pretty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings and pendant for the peridots in yellow gold! I love having a matching set of jewellery.
As for the concave cut stone, RH''s work really needs to be seen in person. The way it shimmers does not come across well in photographs. I''d bet it''s gorgeous in person.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice. Haven''t seen too many people with Richard Homer stones posting them lately, so glad to see yours. And I second Chrono: earrings & pendant for the peridot!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
The red is amazing and I like the cut.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I love that photo on the tree stump. Very cool! And very pretty stones!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Christmas gifts - what a sweet (and sneaky) hubby you have!!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your kind words lovinggems, Lauren, Marcy, BEG, virgo ruby, icekid & oddoneout

Portia, thanks for the compliment on the photo. I thought I would try and be "artistic" but still have lots of practice to get up to the level of some Pricescopers - btw love the kitty in your avatar, so beautiful.

ma re, mtg, chrono, austennut - I was thinking white gold as I never wear yellow but may have to rethink that after your comments. Would you suggest plain, embellished, halos? what about unplated white gold? would that work do you think?

AmberGretchen - yes hubby is very sneaky - he gets me quite a lot with things like that, but he loves the look on my face when I see the extra which is v.sweet.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Both plain and embelished can look nice, depending on the setting. Wether a halo would be a good idea, depends on your finger size and the look you''d like to get. If you have tiny fingers and would like to see a big part of the shank, then halo wouldn''t be the right choice (obviously). If you''re not a yellow gold person, maybe a white gold (plated or not) ring with yellow gold details would be better than all white (making sure that yellow is somewhere close to the stone). Contrasting finishes of the two metals (one matte and the other one polished for example) could give you an interesting look. Just suggesting
1.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
All the stones are lovely! Can''t wait to see what you do with them :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you aren''t a yellow gold person, how about something 2 toned? The basket (or main part) in yellow and the outer portion in white?

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks stepcutnut

Chrono and ma re - like the two toned suggestion. Also the contrasting finishes - that could definately work, good plan. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results