shape
carat
color
clarity

I got the ring!! Wooohoooo! Thumbs up GOG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually F&I we are not fans of the true B&B's (e.g. small houses) either. Too much like someone's guest as you noted. We feel like we have to be quiet and/or not disturb anyone..and screw that! We are paying for that room and tub...and...oh never mind!
2.gif

Anyway--some people like the little B&B's because of the romantic and intimate feel. If one has never been--usually they like to try it out. Or they like talking to other people (we don't...very anti-social on vacation!) and/or hearing other people's stories etc. After our one B&B experience (not bad by any means...just too much like a visitor in a house), we stay in larger Inns or small hotels in smaller areas (like Mendocino or Napa etc), where there are at least more than 15-20 rooms or cottages on the grounds or similar. Better feel, more privacy, no group breakfast!
1.gif

So Nate has different options! Smaller B&B's, bigger B&B's, bigger inns, hotels, resorts etc. B&B goes hand in hand with 'romantic' though...which is why I brought it up!

Nate

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/12/2003 1:11:25 AM Rhino wrote:
My apologies for not responding to this thread sooner. Nate you ARE truly a class act and your ring kicks optical arse.
1.gif
You should have seen my staff drooling over it before it left! You've been a great pleasure to work with and I am honored to have made not just a client but a good friend of you too.
1.gif

----------------
Likewise!! It has been great working with you Jonathan, Christen, your mother, and everyone at GoodOldGold! Awesome service and great stones, I couldn't be happier! You are the greatest!
1.gif

I'm not so sure about a B&B but maybe a really luxury hotel would be nice... I need to start making some decisions on this!! I'm the type to leave everything to the last minute.

I still haven't gotten good regular size pics, but here are the pics GOG took before they sent the ring out...

gog1.jpg

gog2.jpg

gog3.jpg

gog4.jpg

10.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Nate that is one awesome ring
love.gif

LOVE the truffle...Can't wait to get mine

I am sure that wherever you decide to propose will be special...

Best of luck

appl.gif

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
Hey Nate: How does the J color look now that it is set in plat? Does the metal bring out more of the color? Or is it not even noticeable?

Nate

Shiny_Rock
Be sure to post pics diane!

Mexi, the J color looks awesome! I can't see any yellow at all. The diamonds don't look "warm" or yellow, they are simply too sparkly!
9.gif

I tried with the further away pics, but I found I'm not too good at them. Camera wouldn't focus for me (yes I took it out of macro mode).
sick.gif
The ring only fits on my pinky so I took a few blurry pics of that.

finger1.jpg

finger2.jpg

finger3.jpg

far1.jpg

far2.jpg

far3.jpg

appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Nate it's so beautiful! So many colors, so fiery! Tell me again what all those myriad little white/clear dots are inside of the last 2 pix?? Not inclusions right?

Nate

Shiny_Rock
The little dots you see in those pics are just little pinpoints of lights. Here's a pic as big as I could get it showing off all the little pinpoints, each dot is a little rainbow!

pinpoints.jpg

The inclusion in the center stone can be seen in this pic...

topbox2.jpg

...can you find it? Scroll down for a pic with the inclusion highlighted!

Here it is...

inclusion.jpg

Now that you know where it is, try and find it in all the other images of the same stone. I never touched up any of the pics! Most of the time the light just doesn't hit it correctly and it can't be seen.
1.gif
Its really hard to see with the naked eye, in most lighting its impossible.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Nate I definitely could not pick out the inclusion, eye too distracted by the sparkles.

It's amazing that each of those pinpoints is a rainbow, she is going to SWOON when she sees it. I am sure the pictures don't do it remotely any amount of justice.

BTW I could see the arrows even in the blurry hand picture..very cool.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this thread from one on engagement rings started by scorpion in "Show Me The Ring". I love it. Is the *setting* called a Truffle setting? Did you post specs on the stones somewhere? I am going to go back and reread more carefully, but if the information isn't here would someone post it?

read.gif

Nate

Shiny_Rock
this thread you can read about how I went from knowing nothing to getting an amazing ring!

Still no word from the INS... they said 1 to 3 months and its been a little over 1.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
nono.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nate are you still out there? Did you ever propose? I don't recall!
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Bump to the top for SomeGuy to see!
3.gif

Nate

Shiny_Rock
I'm here! Sorta.. not had a lot of time lately. Losing my job next Monday, so that should free up some time! Right..

Yes, I did indeed propose! Sorry for falling off the face of the earth! There are still complications with bringing Jenny to the US.
sad.gif
I'm going to see her for Christmas though! Anyway, I visited her about 2 1/2 months ago, proposed, and we got married. :D She loved the ring! Unfortunately I don't have many more pictures of the ring, but one of us...

DCP_1603.jpg

(sorry its blurry, but I still like the picture)

Here is a pic that managed to catch a glimpse of the ring from across the room...

DCP_1638.jpg

There are tons more pics if you're interested in my vacation to Peru...

http://www.n4te.com/images/goodtimes/peru2/

Lots of pics of incan ruins! Pretty neat stuff, especially one of the hotel pictures of a pyramid right in the center of the metropolis.

Oh yeah, when she comes to the US we'll get married again, so we haven't gotten official wedding bands yet. Not sure what we want to put next to the Vatche truffle, if anyone has ideas, let me know!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pave eternity of course!!!

So you are married but she can't come over yet? How disappointing!!
sad.gif
I hope it all works out for the best--the pictures are lovely and look at that thing sparkle.
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, your wife is absolutely gorgeous! You make a very lovely couple!
love.gif

Sorry to hear about the job, but hoping there's a silver lining. Maybe that will give you the time to get your lovely bride where she belongs. At home with you by your side!
1.gif

someguy

Rough_Rock
Hi Nate, You ring looks increadible! I wish you and your wife the best, and I hope that she manages to come over sooner than later!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results