shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my sphene and guess what? I''m in LUV!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As anyone who owns it has said before, the pictures do not do the stones justice. By the time I got home from working out today, I had my envelops. I won''t show that carnage...but you can imagine.

Anyway here''s the pics I was able to take **picture heavy and slightly repetitive**

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The round

sphene1arc.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cushion

** but never mind my nubbie, I was born with 6 digits on each hand**

sphene4arc.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An attempted closeup of the cushion

sphene6arc.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An even better picture of the cushion. I had to give it a tilt to get a good picture.

sphene8arc.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a better pic of the round. Again, I had to give it a tilt to get a good picture.

sphene111arc.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The body color is truely amazing. Its kinda like a glowy neon yellow/green color. Its quite hard to capture though.

took this by the window, away from all light except the rapidly diminishing daylight.

sphene13arc.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one. Taken in the kitchen (and away from the sink!)

-A

sphene115arc.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Those are gorgeous!! Can you link a thread to the specs? Where did you get them? What size are they?

They are stunning!!!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Just an awesome stone..you can see the sparkle coming out in your photos..pics are not bad but hate when you can''t show what you are seeing, ya know...I feel sorry for your poor envelopes..they did nothing to you
9.gif
9.gif
..except hold the stones..very nice stone indeed..personally i wouldn''t mind a few more pics tomorrow if you get a chance..would love to see more!!!!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Love them Arcadian!
30.gif
Amazing stones...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could show what I was seeing...whooooo! It just dosen''t come close to reality.

The cushion specs:
Color :: Medium yellowish green
Weight (cts) :: 1.46
Size (mm) :: 6.30 x 6.26 x 4.61
Clarity :: VS2
Luster :: Great
Treatment :: None
Origin :: Madagascar
Seller BkkGemstones

The Round Specs:
Greenish Yellow Multi 5A
Round
Size 6.4 x 6.5 x 4.3 mm.
Weight 1.26 CT
Clarity VVS1
Treatment Natural
Origin Russia
Ebay Seller Exportgems

Both stones were bought with pretty much no expectation. BKK''s stone has the body color of the correct, but it really looks dead in their pictures and the video shows no sparkle at all.

TL turned me onto Exportgems. They do a pretty good job with the pictures but they still don''t do the stone justice. The video pretty much sold me though.

Both stones pretty much exceeded expectation. I only regret I didn''t go bigger
3.gif

-A

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian --

I don''t blame you for falling in luv! Those stones look like they''re just out struttin'' their stuff... va va voom! Good job on capturing all those colors!

I recently dipped my big toe into the sphene pool too, just to see if I might like it enough to "invest" in a more expensive piece. Like you, I''m in luv! I have three or four little sparkers and a few more on the way -- when they get here I''ll post some pics too.

Enjoy those beautiful stones! Are you planning to set them?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous Arcadian! They do glow.
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally prefer cushions over rounds but the round sphene catches my eye more often. Perhaps the cutting brings out the dispersion better. I''m so happy for you that both vendors provided stones that are better than expected. Greally great purchases.
30.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all. Your opinion matters!

VRBeauty, can''t wait for your post! i''ve become quite the sphene junky! I will for sure be going much bigger (and a heck of a lot greener) No idea what I''ll do for a setting, but I''ll have to ask around since these stones are so soft. I would like to do a very occasional wear ring and a pendant. I''ll be talking to the jeweler today. I very rarely wear any of my rings anyway (that would make them all pretty much occassional wear
28.gif
)

Catmom, they really glow like nobody''s business. if I could figure the cheapest way of covering myself head to toe in this stuff I probably would *lol* If this stuff was harder it would no doubt be much more expensive.

Chrono, I also like the round a bit more because IRL its much better cut than the cushion. If the cushion were bigger it would be worth a recut. I think the round is brilliant cut and even in crappy office lights it sparks like mad. Both have tilt windows but who''s going to be looking at that with everything else going on, right? I''m going to talk to my jewler about a protective setting that will be easy enough to set from his standpoint. He hates setting delicate stones but he''ll do it (and charge a quite a bit in the process!)

-A

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow they''re both gorgeous! I really love that green-yellow sphene.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
check out that dispersion!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
look at that dispersion! its beautiful! looks like a little green diamond
10.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very cool stone!
11.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
OMG, they are both GORGEOUS! I am dying for a sphene of decent size and quality (the little triangle thing I have is not especially sparkly), and I have been watching ExportGems closely for one I really just have to have. This thread is helpful, thanks!
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 9:31:09 PM
Author: Arcadian
If I could show what I was seeing...whooooo! It just dosen''t come close to reality.

The cushion specs:
Color :: Medium yellowish green
Weight (cts) :: 1.46
Size (mm) :: 6.30 x 6.26 x 4.61
Clarity :: VS2
Luster :: Great
Treatment :: None
Origin :: Madagascar
Seller BkkGemstones

The Round Specs:
Greenish Yellow Multi 5A
Round
Size 6.4 x 6.5 x 4.3 mm.
Weight 1.26 CT
Clarity VVS1
Treatment Natural
Origin Russia
Ebay Seller Exportgems

Both stones were bought with pretty much no expectation. BKK''s stone has the body color of the correct, but it really looks dead in their pictures and the video shows no sparkle at all.

TL turned me onto Exportgems. They do a pretty good job with the pictures but they still don''t do the stone justice. The video pretty much sold me though.

Both stones pretty much exceeded expectation. I only regret I didn''t go bigger
3.gif

-A
Arcadian,
I''m so happy you had a very successful ebay colored stone purchase. Your sphenes are lovely, and they definitely exceeded expectations!! My sphene is from exportgems and I love it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey glad to see you! Export gems quality is quite good so thanks for the introduction to their wares.
9.gif

The 4.20ct of course was purchased from them and its GORGEOUS!

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of sphene, I was at the gem show this weekend, and this one dealer had some chrome green colored sphenes, similar to the ultra-expensive one that Exportgems had listed at one time (it might still be listed, I didn''t check). WOW, this material looked like a Christmas tree. Sphene is a very beautiful and underrated gem.

They are such fun stones to look at. I''m considering setting mine even though it''s so soft.

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
Both are goregoues but the round one is just amazing- I love it! Now I am off to see if I can learn more about this gem!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 11:52:43 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Speaking of sphene, I was at the gem show this weekend, and this one dealer had some chrome green colored sphenes, similar to the ultra-expensive one that Exportgems had listed at one time (it might still be listed, I didn''t check). WOW, this material looked like a Christmas tree. Sphene is a very beautiful and underrated gem.

They are such fun stones to look at. I''m considering setting mine even though it''s so soft.

I do believe they sold one of the monster green stones but I haven''t seen the other. Do you recall the dealer? maybe they''ll be at the gem show in my area.

Oh and btw, Im at least going to set the round one for now because Its too nice to just sit in a box. That art deco setting I purchased in early august is perfect for this stone. I whined enough that my jeweler said he would set it because the setting would make it easier on him. but he''s still charging me a bit more than the normal for doing it.

I doubt that I will set the cushion, though its nice, its not as well cut as the other two I have.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vance gems out of Delaware. They don''t seem to have a website unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results