shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my Ritani! I have a question......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joadma

Rough_Rock
I just got a new Ritani endless love ring for my 10 year anniversary, it is gorgeous! I have a question though...the size is good for my finger, I can''t go smaller, but the ring slides around some and it drives me nuts! It''s fine when I''m out in this 90 degree weather and my finger is a bit swollen from the heat, but otherwise it moves around some. Any suggestions? I''d like something that I can put in/on it but can take off when need be. I can''t have it permanently smaller because when my fingers swell up, I can barely get it off as it is. I hope this is ok to ask here, I am desperate for a solution. I will post a picture of it on the other forum asap, thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can do sizing beads/speed bumps or a butterfly spring.
check out this thread there are pictures and examples of both.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's what Dave said about the butterfly spring which i think is pretty cool:

"This image is of a one sided "butterfly spring" or "horseshoe sizer".

This is soldered at one point only. Where I've indicated with the red arrow is not soldered. When you slide this ring on the "spring" opens to go over the knuckle and then springs back into place to hold the ring from spinning once on.

A two sided sizer looks just like a horseshoe, is soldered directly, and only, at the bottom of the ring and springs in from both sides."

bflyspring.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW that is really neat MrsSalvo, thanks for posting! Those things should be more popular! When I wake up in the mornings I can''t even get my rings on! Once I drive in my air conditioned SUV for like 5 minutes and try again, it just slides right on! In the winter it is a spinning fool, almost looks like a disco ball lol

joadma

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the info. I''m going to ask my jeweler about some options, I can''t take the spinning! It''s great when I''m out in the heat and humidity though, but in the a/c, it''s all over the place. I wish I could find something around the house I can put there to tighten it up, I put some cotton there, but I can''t walk around with cotton between my ring! Lol...

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Wear are the pictures???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was a thread somewhere that someone mentioned these plastic strips that you can put on the inside of your ring and I believe they are available at Target. I forget what their name is????

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how my mom came up with this idea, but it works for her, and she has the same trouble with some of her rings. She bought some sticky mounting adhesive with a peel of backing on the sticky side. You can buy it in several different thicknesses. She cuts small strips the width of the band of whatever ring she''s going to put it in, and takes the backing off and sticks it to the inside of the band of her ring. She says it works like a charm! It saved her from having several of her rings resized, which she didn''t want to do anyway because they do fit her when her fingers are more puffy. Anyway, it''s not permanent and it doesn''t damage the metal on her rings at all. She says after she peels the adhesive off and there is any adhesive residue, she just lets her rings soak for a few minutes in soapy water and the residue comes right off. You cannot see it at all when she has the rings on her finger, and she says the adhesive stays on the ring for a long time before you have to replace it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Claire''s at the mall sells some type of plastic ring thing to..

joadma

Rough_Rock
Here''s a picture, I also just posted it on the "show me the ring" forum.
2.gif

my3stoneritani.jpg

joadma

Rough_Rock
Suzi,
Thanks so much! This is what I''ve been thinking of, but didn''t know what to get!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 4:02:14 PM
Author: joadma
Suzi,
Thanks so much! This is what I've been thinking of, but didn't know what to get!
You're welcome. I think my mom bought her adhesive at the craft store in the scrapbooking section. I bet you can get it just about anywhere, though.

I also saw your ring in the other section and posted, but I'll say it again...it's beatiful and I've always loved that style!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results