shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my first strand of whites

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
So I have been buying pearl jewellery for a good 7-8 years now, but I have never owned the classic white strand of pearls. I suspect part of it is that I am probably younger than most of the crowd and I feared that it would read too old, but now I actually have disposable income, I felt it was time to dip my toes in, so to speak. So I reached out to Takahashi to source something for me. Around 7-8mm, and while I didn't give a budget, I've worked with Yy previously and I trusted she knew what I looked for in terms of quality. At that time, Yy explained that there wasn't stock of strands in my specifications, so I told her to keep me in mind when things started arriving.

And a few weeks later, I got sent some pictures of a couple of strands.

Pearls_Takahashi.jpg Pearl_Takahashi_2.jpg

After this picture, I immediately preferred the top strand. I could see a difference in terms of contrastiness and I really do prefer strong pink, which I could see, so I pulled the trigger. Decided to send it to PSL because whyever not, I was curious, though Takahashi did warn that they couldn't guarantee that the strand would receive any sort of rating. However, Yy did mention that these were AAA quality.

And after a few weeks of resting at PSL, they are here! And they are just gorgeous. They really do look great on my hand (and on me). But then again, I know I have a fairly neutral undertone, so to be honest, almost any color works on me- its just a matter of personal preference.

20230603_221619(1).jpg 20230603_221759.jpg

They did come back as Rose. Clearly, the PSL folk see more flaws than I do (or are more picky than I am; but then again, they are paid to do this).
And of course, an obligatory neck shot (please forgive the t-shirt).

20230605_213837.jpg

And just for fun, I did a comparison against my kindasorta near round blue strand.

20230605_214024.jpg

My Partner: Wow the difference is noticeable.
Me: Yes, but I also paid a lot more for this one.

And I do always enjoy working with Takahashi. Yy is lovely to work with as always, and honest about their strands and what they do see which I appreciate.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! This is a lovely strand of pearls and you can't go wrong with Takahashi. I'm of the opinion that one is never too young for a strand of pearls, but that's just me. ;-)

;-) that is true, but in this case, age matters slightly: I finally have disposable income to spend on a Very Good Strand.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! They’re beautiful on you!! The size and colour is very flattering ::) (And on the side - those blues are BLUE, wow)

I personally trust Yy and Mr. Seki’s eyes wayyyyy more than PSL. I’ve seen too many meh strands earn PSL’s top grade to put stock in them anymore! So if the PSL isn’t what you expected - honestly it’s not worth a second thought.

God bless our menfolk :lol: Mine has reached the point of simply sticking his hand out, out of sight of his camera, when I walk in with pearls. Just assumes that I want to take photos on his skin for #reasons. Occasionally that’s not actually what I want, but…

Last edited:

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! They’re beautiful on you!! The size and colour is very flattering ::) (And on the side - those blues are BLUE, wow)

I personally trust Yy and Mr. Seki’s eyes wayyyyy more than PSL. I’ve seen too many meh strands earn PSL’s top grade to put stock in them anymore! So if the PSL isn’t what you expected - honestly it’s not worth a second thought.

God bless our menfolk :lol: Mine has reached the point of simply sticking his hand out, out of sight of his camera, when I walk in with pearls. Just assumes that I want to take photos on his skin for #reasons. Occasionally that’s not actually what I want, but…

Thank you Yssie!

Which reminds me that I actually forgot to list the size of this strand... these are 7 - 7.5mm which I think is my sweet spot. Honestly i don't wear the blues a lot because i find them too large for me at 8mm++.

I do trust Yy and Mr Seki more as well. I guess this is where the human part of the interaction comes in. As i have purchased from them previously, i know that they have good eyes and would suggest something i would like within my budget.

Annnd i have roped my partner down the rabbit hole he now has #opinions on my purchases.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow !
a pretty perfect first stand of whites
congradulations
i hope you wear them in good health

now i just have to find the money tree myself ......

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful, congratulations on your first whites!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results