shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my diamond, I got my diamond *sings to herself*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
OK, so I got my diamond yesterday and got it appraised today. WOOO HOOO! I am very happy with it...the specs are listed somewhere but basically it is a 1.78 G SI1. It appraised for around $2K more than I paid. This was a truly independent appraiser. Of course, I have to go back once it is mounted.

Now, on to the setting *sigh*...I''m having a hard time visualizing exactly what I want. I''ve printed out several pics and like aspects of many of them. I have an appt with the jeweler sun. Any suggestions to make life easier for them? Here''s a pic the guys at DCD''s took for me (I can''t figure out how to take a decent macro shot on my DRebel). I think it has a lot of scintillation for an EC. The steps are awesome and I like the more pronounced clipped corners (wasn''t sure I would). It has like a 1.5:1 ratio, which I also like. Thanks for all your help in assisting me to find my diamond!

amytudesrock2.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I am sooo happy that you liked it and that it went well at the appraisers. Hmmm, the big settign question! what style do you think you are more interested in? Are you understated simple platinum that can be played up a bit with fancy prongs? Or are you subtle bling...pave or mini melee on the band with the center stone taking the limelight? Or, do you really want to go with the bling factor...sidestones and melee, pave basket the whole shebang? Ohhh, so many choices!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very beautiful--a real winner!

cheers--Sharon

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! I can''t wait to see what you decide on for the setting. It will be stunning!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sucker is AWESOME!!! Post pics of settings you''re considering!
3.gif
36.gif

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Jenwill--I think I''m a little bit "bling". I find that in the "show me" section, I love the eternity sets. Not sure on the difference b/w pave and melee--but probably not going around the entire band. Trying to decide if I want 3 sided or not. I love many of the Tacori rings, but they are just a tad bit much for me (then again, I''ve never seen one in person). So, something in between a plain solitaire and a Tacori...LOL...does that help? I would love for it to "swoop up" like in the pic below:

swoopup.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome
If i was going to get a ec other than a se that is the shape id want.
Congrates :}

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
"I have an appt with the jeweler sun"

what does this mean?

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, WS if I wasn''t clear. I have an appointment with the jeweler on Sunday to discuss settings. Just browsing so far, I really like FTLOD, snapdragon, & WS''s rings. I don''t want any large side stones, however. Nor do I personally want it in any kind of bezel setting. Am I making any sense at all?? I know what I want, but I just can''t visualize it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id cap it on the flats on the ends and let the rest hang out.
ie: sort of a half bezel on the short sides only.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! Congrats and excellent work Jim. Hella nice pic too!
emotion-15.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It is a beauty.
30.gif
Many Congrats!!
36.gif
And now on to some more fun!!
9.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
what about this as an idea of subtle bling.........split shank gives the illusion of side stones yet lets lots of light through. but of course with the emerald cut stone--------ive seen a cartier version with an EC

redruby.jpg

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!looks like the funhouse hall of mirrors!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 12:22:23 AM
Author: BLINGQUEEN
WOW!!!looks like the funhouse hall of mirrors!!
you dont like the setting with the red stone?

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Window, It hink BQ meant that the Emerald cut looks like the repeating mirrors at a funhouse. I love the setting you posted, and with the suggestion of flat capping the ends would make for a blingy yet subtle ring.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Still undecided on the splint shank, but I love that ring! Thanks, WS. Strm & Jen--what do you mean when you say flat capping the ends? I need a visualization or a pic of that. Thanks!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 9:54:26 AM
Author: amytude
Still undecided on the splint shank, but I love that ring! Thanks, WS. Strm & Jen--what do you mean when you say flat capping the ends? I need a visualization or a pic of that. Thanks!
amytude: its like a partial bezel at the ends and you said no bezel right? plus it makes the stone look small encased like that...........

take a look at this...........

http://www.raujewelry.net/bigpic2.php?lotnum=RG15865

(credit to valeria101)

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I like the double prong look.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 10:13:27 AM
Author: Iceman
I like the double prong look.
yes especially on sharper longer corners

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Ive had more request for setting stones with those prongs.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will try and find a picture tonight after work of what im talking about.
imho even thin double prongs on the angled areas would wreck the outline appearance of that diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results