shape
carat
color
clarity

I give up! Find me a diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel too bad. You are still getting an outstanding stone for probably less than you''d pay for a so so one at a B&M.
2.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
So. . . does Skippy get any commission, because I think she sold 2 stones today? I bet the owner of the 1st stone comes out of the woodwork!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2007 6:51:35 PM
Author: fansynancy
So. . . does Skippy get any commission, because I think she sold 2 stones today? I bet the owner of the 1st stone comes out of the woodwork!
Great idea, yo WF.
emidea.gif
2.gif
hehe No, no, it is called paying it forward. I think when I was looking JulieN, Regular Guy and Kcoursolle helped me so that is what you do around here, plus they helped me find a great stone
9.gif

Well I stopped by the jeweler after work to see the stones they had, one stood out, .53ct D VS2 but the price isn't right from what I've learned here in the past 24 hours. Plus, the cert is GIA, not AGS... I think I'm pretty set on having an "elite AGS0" diamond. I read through the FAQ's on WF and feel pretty comfortable dealing with them. I think they are offering me a very nice stone at a fair price. I just hope it sparkles like mad!
31.gif

The jeweler knows I'm eyeing a stone elsewhere and he is more than happy to set it and still offer me a nice deal on my setting and w band. With the stone from WF, I definitely come within budget for everything.

I found ONE other stone online that I really like.. I won't post it here though, too afraid someone might steal it out from under me. It's not considered ACA but still is an AGS0?? Confused there, but anyways, both stones are beautiful, just need to sleep on it overnight. I really am thinking WF is going to be the way to go.

ETA: the OTHER stone I'm eyeing comes out with EX x 4 on the HCA.. mean anything over the other one?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
AGS0 does not have to be ACA - ACA is WF brand name and as part of their product they make sure the stones they advertise as ACA received an AGS0 report from the AGS lab. If a stone that was cut aiming for an ACA happened to not receive an AGS0 they would not sell it as an ACA. The AGS0 on the new reports means the stone was evaluated for light performance, not just measurements, and the 000 you hear means a zero for light performance, zero for proportions, and zero for finish (polish and symmetry). You do not have to have optical symmetry to get an AGS0. You also do not have to be an ACA to get an AGS000. HTH

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2007 10:29:19 PM
Author: betternotbiggerdiamond
Well I stopped by the jeweler after work to see the stones they had, one stood out, .53ct D VS2 but the price isn''t right from what I''ve learned here in the past 24 hours. Plus, the cert is GIA, not AGS... I think I''m pretty set on having an ''elite AGS0'' diamond. I read through the FAQ''s on WF and feel pretty comfortable dealing with them. I think they are offering me a very nice stone at a fair price. I just hope it sparkles like mad!
31.gif

The jeweler knows I''m eyeing a stone elsewhere and he is more than happy to set it and still offer me a nice deal on my setting and w band. With the stone from WF, I definitely come within budget for everything.

I found ONE other stone online that I really like.. I won''t post it here though, too afraid someone might steal it out from under me. It''s not considered ACA but still is an AGS0?? Confused there, but anyways, both stones are beautiful, just need to sleep on it overnight. I really am thinking WF is going to be the way to go.

ETA: the OTHER stone I''m eyeing comes out with EX x 4 on the HCA.. mean anything over the other one?
That, I can pretty much guarantee.
28.gif
(I own a couple)
30.gif

Without comparing the GIA to the WF stone, you can''t know for sure whether it''s that great or not. GIA''s are all over the board, there are some outstanding ones, and a lot of, not.
40.gif

Also, it''s been my observation, to get all 4 Ex''s on the HCA, the stone is rather shallow? But, it''s an AGS0, so it that counts for something. Most ideal cut stones only get Very Good in spread....

I think you will be "safer" with the WF stone, if you want to make it easy. Plus, I am gathering the price is better on the WF stone, which wouldn''t surprise me.

And I think it''s fantastic the jeweler is happily willing to work with you even if you get the stone elsewhere. That says a lot to me!

Ellen,

The OTHER stone is not an ACA Ideal, but comes out with AGS0 on the Sarin report. It gets I believe a .9 HCA and comes out with 4 EX. I don''t know that much about HCA so I didn''t know if that one would be better since it gets one more score of EX over the ACA one. I haven''t seen many stones that come out with all 4 areas EX. All the ACA''s I''ve seen just have VG for spread. The non ACA stone has the cross-hairs within both boxes though. They are actually both at WF but I''m thinking this one didn''t make ACA because the star isn''t exactly centered. Cut beautifully, but symmetry isn''t quite perfect like the other one. Color is better, same clarity, but just a bit less in price I assume because it didn''t make ACA.

I think we''ll get the one I reserved and have the jeweler set it.

The GIA stone he showed me last night I happened to find on the online virtual list after some digging...matched up the GIA cert
31.gif
and quite shocked at the HUGE price difference between what I could get it online for and the price he is offering me. Kinda irritating
29.gif
Nearly twice the price! I don''t have the Crown and Pavillion angles so I can''t really assess that stone w/ HCA... It only had a "mini cert."

I really like the setting and band and it will be a good deal in my opinion so we''ll still go with him. He does carry very quality pieces, but I don''t think purchasing the stone from him will be the best price. He''s also very willing to work with me even if I don''t purchase the stone from him. No extra setting charge, just the original cost he quoted me for the setting and band. Less than $1000 for 18K WG catherdral solitaire setting and an 18K WG .50tCw channel set w band. He said no hard feelings, he''d work with us. That makes me feel good about working with him.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

That is the one on Reserve for me right now.

The OTHER stone, I don''t want to link because I''m still considering it and I''m afraid could disappear right out from under me. I can''t reserve two stones.

But, I have to make a decision soon.. Lesley told me if I needed another 24 hours she would work with me on that.

Not sure I need another 24 hours though.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 9:45:56 AM
Ellen,

The OTHER stone is not an ACA Ideal, but comes out with AGS0 on the Sarin report. It gets I believe a .9 HCA and comes out with 4 EX. I don''t know that much about HCA so I didn''t know if that one would be better since it gets one more score of EX over the ACA one. I haven''t seen many stones that come out with all 4 areas EX. All the ACA''s I''ve seen just have VG for spread. The non ACA stone has the cross-hairs within both boxes though. They are actually both at WF but I''m thinking this one didn''t make ACA because the star isn''t exactly centered. Cut beautifully, but symmetry isn''t quite perfect like the other one. Color is better, same clarity, but just a bit less in price I assume because it didn''t make ACA.

I think we''ll get the one I reserved and have the jeweler set it.

The GIA stone he showed me last night I happened to find on the online virtual list after some digging...matched up the GIA cert
31.gif
and quite shocked at the HUGE price difference between what I could get it online for and the price he is offering me. Kinda irritating
29.gif
Nearly twice the price! I don''t have the Crown and Pavillion angles so I can''t really assess that stone w/ HCA... It only had a ''mini cert.''

I really like the setting and band and it will be a good deal in my opinion so we''ll still go with him. He does carry very quality pieces, but I don''t think purchasing the stone from him will be the best price. He''s also very willing to work with me even if I don''t purchase the stone from him. No extra setting charge, just the original cost he quoted me for the setting and band. Less than $1000 for 18K WG catherdral solitaire setting and an 18K WG .50tCw channel set w band. He said no hard feelings, he''d work with us. That makes me feel good about working with him.
No, I don''t think it would be "better", but to your eyes, it could possibly be the same.

As for the 4 Ex''s, that''s what I was saying earlier. Anytime I''ve run a stone through the HCA, the only ones that got all Ex were shallower than most prefer. I''d have to see all the numbers before I could comment anymore. It could be fine, don''t know.

But again, I think that one you reserved will give you much piece of mind, and pleasure.
31.gif

Now, you know the drill, pics are a must!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I would ask WF to compare them side by side and tell you which one looks nicer. They can talk to you about them over the phone.

Here are the vitals on the non ACA

Depth: 59.7
Table: 57.1
Crown: 33.9
Pavillion: 40.8 *edited to correct angle*
Culet: Pointed

That's all I'm sayin
25.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 10:12:23 AM

Here are the vitals on the non ACA

Depth: 59.7
Table: 57.1
Crown: 33.9
Pavillion: 42.9
Culet: Pointed

That''s all I''m sayin
25.gif
I take it that is depth, not angle. It''s pretty much what I suspected. A rather shallow all over stone. It wouldn''t be horrible, but head shadow might be an issue.

If it were me, I''d get the one you had reserved. But, you could do as Skippy suggested and have them compare.

Ellen,

I corrected the angle measurement. I''m no expert so they look almost identical to one another. I''m so indecisive, but I think for peace of mind, the ACA is the way to go.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 10:35:32 AM
Ellen,

I corrected the angle measurement. I'm no expert so they look almost identical to one another. I'm so indecisive, but I think for peace of mind, the ACA is the way to go.
Yay, I would have done the same as you.
41.gif
Well post pics like Ellen says when you get the stone! Ellen, I am not the only one that asks for pics
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 10:37:55 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/15/2007 10:35:32 AM
Ellen,

I corrected the angle measurement. I''m no expert so they look almost identical to one another. I''m so indecisive, but I think for peace of mind, the ACA is the way to go.
Yay, I would have done the same as you.
41.gif
Well post pics like Ellen says when you get the stone! Ellen, I am not the only one that asks for pics
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif
lol.gif
2.gif

betternot, I think that''s a good decision. Can''t go wrong with that one.
2.gif

Oh I can't wait to show it off! Can't wait to see it mounted and on my finger!

NOW.... who stole my first stone???? LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 10:50:35 AM
Oh I can''t wait to show it off! Can''t wait to see it mounted and on my finger!

NOW.... who stole my first stone???? LOL!
We can''t wait for pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
And Congrats!

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-395230.htm

SOLD!!!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 6:13:44 PM
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-395230.htm

SOLD!!!
31.gif

party1.gif

He says I can only look at it when it arrives... it''s HIS until he gives me my ring
27.gif

Can''t wait to see it in person!!!
36.gif

Thanks to all who helped me! I think I wound up with a much better deal w/ WF. They are very nice people to work with. I will recommend them.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 7:02:09 PM
He says I can only look at it when it arrives... it's HIS until he gives me my ring
27.gif

Can't wait to see it in person!!!
36.gif

Thanks to all who helped me! I think I wound up with a much better deal w/ WF. They are very nice people to work with. I will recommend them.
11.gif
The nerve.....

Tell him he better hurry it up if he knows what's good for him.
tapping.gif

Can't wait to see it too! And yes, the folks at WF are very nice. They make buying diamonds fun.

Of course, that can be dangerous.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! That''s the truth, Ellen!

You made a great choice! You received great advice so I didn''t chime in last night, but I am glad to see you chose the ACA!

36.gif
IT''S HERE!!
36.gif
IT''S HERE!!
36.gif

And it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!

Waaaaay better than I could have ever hoped for. This baby sparkles and dazzles like mad!
30.gif

She''s only a .53ct but has SO much FIRE!

I don''t have a loupe so I haven''t been able to ''inspect'' it but there''s really no need. The F is such a bright white and VS2 is definitely more than enough in clarity... nothing visible to the eye or impeding light performance!

Thank you to Skippy and those who helped me locate it!

Now to just get it set and on my finger!
27.gif

A note to those "searching endlessly at your local ''reputable'' jewelers," GET AN ACA FROM WF! You won''t be sorry, like they told me here, my only regret is not doing it sooner. I''m glad though, that I did look at 20+ stones in person, because I can TRULY appreciate the beauty of a perfectly cut diamond now.

Can''t wait to take this puppy to the ''jeweler'' and knock his socks off!
23.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
woohoo.gif
Wonderful news! You will become one of us staring at your gorgeous stone all the time. hehee Congrats on its way very soon!!! Come back and post pics, please!!!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 11:22:21 PM
36.gif
IT'S HERE!!
36.gif
IT'S HERE!!
36.gif

And it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!

Waaaaay better than I could have ever hoped for. This baby sparkles and dazzles like mad!
30.gif

She's only a .53ct but has SO much FIRE!

I don't have a loupe so I haven't been able to 'inspect' it but there's really no need. The F is such a bright white and VS2 is definitely more than enough in clarity... nothing visible to the eye or impeding light performance!

Thank you to Skippy and those who helped me locate it!

Now to just get it set and on my finger!
27.gif

A note to those 'searching endlessly at your local 'reputable' jewelers,' GET AN ACA FROM WF! You won't be sorry, like they told me here, my only regret is not doing it sooner. I'm glad though, that I did look at 20+ stones in person, because I can TRULY appreciate the beauty of a perfectly cut diamond now.

Can't wait to take this puppy to the 'jeweler' and knock his socks off!
23.gif
Indeed. It is a real thing of beauty.
30.gif

Now see, that wasn't so bad, was it??
9.gif
36.gif
2.gif

Can't wait to see the finished product, and congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results