shape
carat
color
clarity

I found a great lipstick! (thanks Allure mag!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
MAC Viva Glam V. It was featured in the readers favorites as an overwhelming winner....

Pinky beige with a bit of pearl. Day or Night. Not too dark, not too light. Works with Sweats or Stillettos. I big puffy heart it.

Diver

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have all of the Viva glams and really like that one, I think there is a VI as well, but that one is really nice. There is a matching gloss if I am not mistaken!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the heads up...Anything to do with girly stuff and fashion takes quite alot of trial and error on my part. So am glad to be able to narrow in on a particular product for a change.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is my favorite shade! I have been wearing it nearly every day for about 2 years. For day time, I use the lipstick or the gloss. For evening, I layer the gloss over the lipstick. I LOVE MAC, I have several of their glosses and I just love how they smell and feel. Also, many colors look hot pink on me (even when they don''t in the tube) but Viva Glam V is just perfect! My other favorite is Beaux (I just have the gloss). Also, at least when i bought it last, the proceeds go to an AIDS charity, so I feel even better about the purchase!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2007 12:44:13 AM
Author:divergrrl
MAC Viva Glam V. It was featured in the readers favorites as an overwhelming winner....

Pinky beige with a bit of pearl. Day or Night. Not too dark, not too light. Works with Sweats or Stillettos. I big puffy heart it.

Diver
What is your skintone and undertones like divergrrl? I''m curious if this shade will work on me. I''m light olive and don''t have pink undertones.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Kcourselle...I am a brunette (auburn undertones)...blue eyes..kinda pale skin...leetle bit o'' yellow in my undertone. I burn, then peel....have a few freckles. Am a Libra, size 8 shoe.

seriously...I think this is one of those universal colors...

Gail: I want the gloss now too. I love their glosses...mmmm...lustreglass is my new fave. I have a sheer gold one & makes my lips look all pouty.

**mwah!***

Diver

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2007 2:58:29 PM
Author: kcoursolle

What is your skintone and undertones like divergrrl? I''m curious if this shade will work on me. I''m light olive and don''t have pink undertones.
I''m light olive too and the Viva Glam V lip gloss works really nicely. I found the lip stick version makes me look washed out.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m a big fat MAC addict. I''ll have to check that out....I need some new blush anyways, so what harm could a lipstick do? Yay!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
SDL, try Nars Chelsea Girls gloss for a look very similar to Camilla Al Fayed''s. I love it with a smokey eye!

BZ

Rough_Rock
Ok, I just have to say that I joined the crowd today and bought the Viva Glam VI liptstick and gloss. Thanks to divergrrl for the suggestion. And I love that all the money is donated to AIDS Charity.

As a sidenote, I do have to mention that I was helped by a guy. No big deal, but he was wearing more make-up than me since I am suffering from allergies.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you ladies please help me? Most of the time, I''m devoid of lipstick because I can''t figure how to keep the darn thing on. What are your tricks?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 12:28:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 6/5/2007 8:09:35 AM
Author: Harriet
Can you ladies please help me? Most of the time, I''m devoid of lipstick because I can''t figure how to keep the darn thing on. What are your tricks?
Here''s my trick.. I use a powder foundation on my face, but before that, I use a liquid concealer.. I lightly go around my lips with it, then putting the powder over that.. I use a light liner (for me, Revlon nude, it stays on forever) then lightly powder over it. I put on my lipstick and then the gloss. Its got more staying power for me this way. It sounds like a lot, but its quite light, I assure you. :)

*eta.. it stays on even longer when gloss isn''t used..
So. Much. Work.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results