shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally picked the stone, but I need mounting advice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glint&glimmer

Rough_Rock
Hi to you all...I''ve been hanging around awhile gathering up the gumption to make a decision....and...have finally found "the one" from GOG. It will be a 1.298, VVS2, H, H&A with high white light, and very highs on colored light and scintillation on the brilliancescope ( and I am absolutely thrilled.) The ring I am replacing is a 3-stone platinum trellis (custom) and to tell you the truth, I''m not crazy about it. I look at the mountings into the wee hours of the night and am getting nowhere. Then I thought, why not ask around on the forum? I bet you can offer some suggestions that might help me. I want a setting that will stand the test of time. Some B&M jewelers have said, "Oh, honey, you HAVE to go platinum....a diamond always looks best in platinum." Also, I''m a babyboomer (AKA not thirty-something
emsmile.gif
) and I may be wearing this one awhile..so if I end up wearing this 20 years from now, I want it to look appropriate on my finger when I''m even more not thirty-something! I really think I am leaning towards a rather plain solitaire with maybe an eternity band..something very narrow, though. I see lots of "tiffany" style mountings, but don''t want to end up with one that is flimsy/not well made. Am looking at Vatche pictures..are they well-made? Well, I''ve rambled enough. Just my excitement showing, I guess. Anyway, have more that enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your pretties....any suggestions?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am far from biased on this subject ;-)

I say go with a simple solitaire, 6prong, platinum tiffany style and go for the gusto with the eternity wedding band, like 5 pointers or something.

Soundslike your diamond is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results