shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally bought a ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wake2wake

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all of the information and advice I got on here - i finally made up my mind and got my order finalized.

I ended up getting this stone, and I am having it put into a platnium "Tiffany" style solitaire bead set setting

I can''t believe I just did it....now while I wait I have all this time to wonder if I picked it right.
6.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the IS - looks like a "classic" vs a "new line" ACA. I''m sure your GF will love it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your purchase. Please come back and post pictures once you get it. I''m sure it will be stunning.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
looks like a lovely stone. congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a winner to me!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Great pick.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone...and sounds like a gorgeous ring! Please post pics when it''s done!!
36.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Wow-
It looks gorgeous!

I bet she will love it!
ya done good

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Looks good! Please post pictures of the ring when you get it!

wake2wake

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for all the nice comments - such a supportive group here on PS
1.gif
I get the ring next week, so I will make sure pictures are coming after that. Pebbles, what is the difference between the IS on a classic vs a new line ACA...i guess I have missed that.

-w2w

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your purchase! I’m excited to see the end result...

1.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
I''m sure it will be beautiful
30.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 12:29:57 AM
Author: wake2wake
Thanks so much for all the nice comments - such a supportive group here on PS
1.gif
I get the ring next week, so I will make sure pictures are coming after that. Pebbles, what is the difference between the IS on a classic vs a new line ACA...i guess I have missed that.

-w2w
There are several threads on PS discussing the differences between the new line and classic ACAs. If you do a search they will come up. The main difference between the two cutting styles is the girdle. The classic has a more cut out girdle, while the new line has a more painted girdle. According to the threads, the classic have a little more scintillation while the new lines have a bit more fire. I didn''t mean to confuse you.
1.gif
I just pointed it out b/c I just traded in my "new line" looking stone for one that had a more classic girdle. One is not better than the other -- both are gorgeous diamonds.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooooooooo, looks beautiful... What is a "bead set" Tiffany setting??? WOOOO

wake2wake

Rough_Rock
Hi Woobug-

It took me a long time to figure out what beadset was as well. This is a picture of the one I am getting from WF. As I have been told, it is similar to channel set, but the diamonds are held in place by little beads. It also sounds like doing this makes it so that the diamonds can go further towards the edge of the ring than a channel set. this thread helped me out in understanding it a little better if you want to take a look.
1.gif

-w2w

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Pebbles,

I wasn''t aware in any difference between ACAs either. Now I''m off to look up the difference between fire and scintilation...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results