shape
carat
color
clarity

I fell in love with a diamond! Meet my 3.55 OEC!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well hello MLB! :naughty: She's a gorgeous LB isn't she? :cheeky:
I'm thrilled for you that you finally found your HG diamond valmanin...wear her in health and blingy happiness!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love her so much. :love: :love: :love:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1381875974|3538311 said:
Very nice! Longer lower halves and slight irregularity in the symmetry of the pavilion facets = more splintery look to the light play!

valmanin|1381873771|3538283 said:
GemFever|1381869427|3538242 said:
Btw, it's still a mystery to me how you can upload so many pics in one post... usually the limit is 4. You have the power!

I remember you saying that before, but I have no idea why PS lets me post more. I just keep adding. It did take about an hour to get them all uploaded though. :roll:

Gem it seems that Val is loading them onto the PS server then linking them in her posts, rather than loading them directly into a reply.

Well, if you would have told me that I would like more splintery light play in my OEC, I would have said NO WAY! But, whatever this stone does is what I like! Thanks Dreamer.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1381878023|3538323 said:
Congrats Val, glad you finally found a winner!!!! And she is beautiful, love the big high crown, I bet she has more fire than the previous stone as well!!!! Is the new stone any different colourwise than the previous one?

THanks arkieb!

I love the big high crown too...she is luscious! And, yes, she has both more fire and more scintillation. The colors she picks up are amazing!!!

MRN was an EGL M
MLB is a GIA M

MLB looks a couple shades whiter, but it is so unfair since MRN is mounted in the 18k YG which dropped him a couple color grades. I would have loved to see them both loose, but only Adam will have that pleasure. I am going to ask him to compare them though!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Missy and K darling! :D

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
valmanin|1381886644|3538450 said:
Congrats Val, glad you finally found a winner!!!! And she is beautiful, love the big high crown, I bet she has more fire than the previous stone as well!!!! Is the new stone any different colourwise than the previous one?

THanks arkieb!

I love the big high crown too...she is luscious! And, yes, she has both more fire and more scintillation. The colors she picks up are amazing!!!

MRN was an EGL M
MLB is a GIA M

MLB looks a couple shades whiter, but it is so unfair since MRN is mounted in the 18k YG which dropped him a couple color grades. I would have loved to see them both loose, but only Adam will have that pleasure. I am going to ask him to compare them though!

You should get the empty setting from MRN and sit the new stone into it. I will make a bet with you it will look better because of two reasons, firstly your new stone has better fire and scintillation so it will hide or mask colour better than the previous stone. And secondly you now have a GIA stone the EGL one was probably at least an N could have even been heading towards an O. So if you now have a mid to high M you will see the difference.

Anyway congrats, it's a stunning looking stone, well worth the wait!!!!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Cute name for her ... :Up_to_something: She's stunning and I love the comparison shots - you can really see the different faceting patterns. I can not wait to see what you do for a setting.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
"My Little Beauty" is gorgeous! Nice job on the Disney version of her name. Haha.

I am beyond thrilled that you finally fell in love! It is an amazing feeling to see an diamond, have it take your breath away and know it was meant to be yours!!!!

MLB really is a stunner. The faceting, tiny table, amazing color, I could go on for days. Just perfect. :love: :love: :love:

I bet you have quite a kink in your neck from staring at MLB all the time. You can feel free to send her to me, I' would gladly babysit while you get a neck massage. I'll send her beck when you are done....eventually....maybe.... :Up_to_something:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Hahahahahaha! My Little Beauty!!!!! :cheeky: :bigsmile: :lol:

Anyways, congrats on that glorious specimen of a diamond. The journey was long but I'm so glad that you stayed strong in your resolve for your holy grail. :appl:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I love the facet pattern on your new stunner. She's just beautiful!

I can't wait to hear how you set her. I love your original setting, though!!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Your new OEC is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! It is breathtaking!!!! I am in love with it... Look forward to see the finished ring. I am so glad you finally found your holy grail. Congratulations!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1381888235|3538478 said:

THanks arkieb!

MRN was an EGL M
MLB is a GIA M

You should get the empty setting from MRN and sit the new stone into it. I will make a bet with you it will look better because of two reasons, firstly your new stone has better fire and scintillation so it will hide or mask colour better than the previous stone. And secondly you now have a GIA stone the EGL one was probably at least an N could have even been heading towards an O. So if you now have a mid to high M you will see the difference.

I suspect that might be the case as well. I am going to have Adam take a look at it for me and if his opinion is not strong I will have him send the stone and setting to me. I really think I want a new setting for this ring though. I want the gap!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
nowicanseethemoon|1381891029|3538523 said:
Cute name for her ... :Up_to_something: She's stunning and I love the comparison shots - you can really see the different faceting patterns. I can not wait to see what you do for a setting.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well, I am not making any decisions on metal choices until I see your new setting. :cheeky:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
armywife13|1381892294|3538535 said:
"My Little Beauty" is gorgeous! Nice job on the Disney version of her name. Haha.

I am beyond thrilled that you finally fell in love! It is an amazing feeling to see an diamond, have it take your breath away and know it was meant to be yours!!!!

MLB really is a stunner. The faceting, tiny table, amazing color, I could go on for days. Just perfect. :love: :love: :love:

I bet you have quite a kink in your neck from staring at MLB all the time. You can feel free to send her to me, I' would gladly babysit while you get a neck massage. I'll send her beck when you are done....eventually....maybe.... :Up_to_something:

Thanks armywife! I'm glad you like her G-rated name. :tongue:

I wish I was staring at her so much that I had a kink in my neck. Unfortunately, she is at OWD waiting to be set which means there is a decision in between me and my stone. This is how I force myself to make decisions. :lol:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
heraanderson|1381893052|3538545 said:
Hahahahahaha! My Little Beauty!!!!! :cheeky: :bigsmile: :lol:

Anyways, congrats on that glorious specimen of a diamond. The journey was long but I'm so glad that you stayed strong in your resolve for your holy grail. :appl:

Many MANY thanks to you for keeping me on path and on target. Seriously, I am indebted to you for all your help and encouragement along the way...but especially for being brutally and necessarily honest with me when I wanted to settle! Why is there no "bow down" emoticon?

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1381908548|3538650 said:
I love the facet pattern on your new stunner. She's just beautiful!

I can't wait to hear how you set her. I love your original setting, though!!

misskittycat, thanks so much!

BTW, I am dying to see your new honker set! Dying!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
almondblossom|1381922965|3538677 said:
Your new OEC is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! It is breathtaking!!!! I am in love with it... Look forward to see the finished ring. I am so glad you finally found your holy grail. Congratulations!

Awww...thanks so much! Seriously, that means a lot to me.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
valmanin|1381873695|3538282 said:
GemFever|1381869383|3538240 said:
My Little Beauty! *snort!* Good name ;))

She is big and beautiful! But definitely very elegant in her facets :love: :love: :love: Can't wait to see handshots!!!

That is her Disney name. :bigsmile:

<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ok ok back to topic at hand! Valmanin I think your 3.55ct is TDF!!! I just love her as well and I hope she will be your forever and ever stone!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Btw, it's still a mystery to me how you can upload so many pics in one post... usually the limit is 4. You have the power!

I was wondering this too as I was scrolling through the massive picture overload!!!! I am glad you found your holy grail finally...so worth the wait!! I love the new facet pattern as well, it definitely seems a lot brighter than MRN.

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
Hello My Little Beauty!!!! I can't wait for more pictures of her set. I'd love to see her in your current setting, see how she faces up! Brava to you for posting lots of drool worthy photos!! She is sharp and flashy!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!! So happy for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Gorgeous stone!!! :love: :love: :love: I think she was definitely worth waiting for!!!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
SB621|1381929978|3538735 said:
valmanin|1381873695|3538282 said:
GemFever|1381869383|3538240 said:
My Little Beauty! *snort!* Good name ;))

She is big and beautiful! But definitely very elegant in her facets :love: :love: :love: Can't wait to see handshots!!!

That is her Disney name. :bigsmile:

<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ok ok back to topic at hand! Valmanin I think your 3.55ct is TDF!!! I just love her as well and I hope she will be your forever and ever stone!

Thanks SB! I have learned to never say never, but I do think she will be my forever diamond...just like your gorgeous Venice!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
valmanin|1381927896|3538712 said:

THanks arkieb!

MRN was an EGL M
MLB is a GIA M

I suspect that might be the case as well. I am going to have Adam take a look at it for me and if his opinion is not strong I will have him send the stone and setting to me. I really think I want a new setting for this ring though. I want the gap!

If you want a new setting anyway it's probably academic, but at least get him to sit the stone into the old setting and take some pics for you, just to let you get some idea. That way you aren't turned off buying a yellow gold or rose gold setting in the future if that is what your heart wanted in the first place. If you want a new setting with Platinum or white gold the I guess it doesn't matter.

Definitely worth not settling and waiting for something else!!!!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1381933256|3538774 said:

I was wondering this too as I was scrolling through the massive picture overload!!!! I am glad you found your holy grail finally...so worth the wait!! I love the new facet pattern as well, it definitely seems a lot brighter than MRN.

Thanks pandabee! Yes, in terms of pics it was go big or go home. I went BIG!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
missymoo|1381960907|3539049 said:
Hello My Little Beauty!!!! I can't wait for more pictures of her set. I'd love to see her in your current setting, see how she faces up! Brava to you for posting lots of drool worthy photos!! She is sharp and flashy!!

missymoo, Adam put her in my current setting today and said she faces up VERY white in it. He didn't feel like she dropped in color at all. So, I guess YG is on the table for this little lady.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1381963108|3539062 said:
Yay!!!! So happy for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Gorgeous stone!!! :love: :love: :love: I think she was definitely worth waiting for!!!

Thanks DS! She was worth the wait. Now, if I could just decide what to do with a setting so the wait doesn't get any LONGER!!! You know how that is. ;-)

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1381975117|3539212 said:
valmanin|1381927896|3538712 said:

THanks arkieb!

MRN was an EGL M
MLB is a GIA M

If you want a new setting anyway it's probably academic, but at least get him to sit the stone into the old setting and take some pics for you, just to let you get some idea. That way you aren't turned off buying a yellow gold or rose gold setting in the future if that is what your heart wanted in the first place. If you want a new setting with Platinum or white gold the I guess it doesn't matter.

Definitely worth not settling and waiting for something else!!!!

He put MLB in the setting today and said she looks VERY white...the YG isn't giving changing her color at all. I am not sure what I am going to do. The setting is gorgeous, but I kind of got burnt out on it while not loving the diamond in it. I guess I want something fresh that compliments THIS stone. Something simple and elegant...maybe unplated WG.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Val!!! I knew MLB was out there waiting for you :bigsmile: :appl:

Amazing - so similar and yet so different! They're fantastic test cases actually - very similar face-up size, similar enough in body colour that that isn't really something to consider when comparing light return... amazing that such small differences in facet structure and pattern can make such a big difference in how you feel!!!

I do agree with Dreamer - sometimes these chunky old cuts benefit from a little bit of optical asymmetry! I know I usually prefer a touch of wonk ::) I can't wait to see how you set it!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1381977565|3539243 said:

Amazing - so similar and yet so different! They're fantastic test cases actually - very similar face-up size, similar enough in body colour that that isn't really something to consider when comparing light return... amazing that such small differences in facet structure and pattern can make such a big difference in how you feel!!!

I do agree with Dreamer - sometimes these chunky old cuts benefit from a little bit of optical asymmetry! I know I usually prefer a touch of wonk ::) I can't wait to see how you set it!

Yssie, thanks so much! I agree that the asymmetry really works...for sure with this stone. No obstruction either even though I can see a distinct flower pattern. I couldn't believe how chunky MRN now looked next to her. Finding MLB actually made me appreciate MRN for his own charm. Not enough to keep him of course!

BTW, I just resurrected a thread about UWG in RT. Working on my new setting now!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
valmanin|1381979015|3539262 said:
Yssie|1381977565|3539243 said:

Yssie, thanks so much! I agree that the asymmetry really works...for sure with this stone. No obstruction either even though I can see a distinct flower pattern. I couldn't believe how chunky MRN now looked next to her. Finding MLB actually made me appreciate MRN for his own charm. Not enough to keep him of course!

BTW, I just resurrected a thread about UWG in RT. Working on my new setting now!

I bit my tongue - but I confess I was hoping you'd stick your toes back in the unplated waters :bigsmile:
I just read it! I actually just got home from a trip and I don't trust myself to post coherently until I get some sleep, but I think my DH has skin like yours - caucasian, pink undertones but tans easily... I'll see if I can coax him to model some rings :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results