shape
carat
color
clarity

I fell in love... at Costco!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

barbx

Rough_Rock
I''m embarrassed to admit that I am in love with a graduated diamond tennis necklace at Costco. Yes, COSTCO! It''s 3 cts TW, I want to say 114 stones, graduated, so the center stone is maybe 1/4 ct? H color SI2 (I''ll have to pay it another visit to check out the specs) and $3299.

I''ve seen it twice and tried it on the last time (which I shouldn''t have done, because it looked dang good!). I''d never seen a tennis necklace before -- it''s diamonds all the way around and so, so sparkly. The scary thing is, I can''t stop thinking about it and have even considered getting a second job or freelancing to buy it, since my husband just about fell over when I told him the price!!! though it is our 10th anniversary in two years...

I did quote it out with a more reputable online jeweler (and one of PS''s favorite friends), but it was about 20% more in price, if I remember correctly (because the color was better. All I remember is, it wasn''t in the ballpark).

Someone talk some sense into me! I can''t possibly buy a diamond necklace from Costco, can I?
38.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......who are we to say you shouldn't love something you saw in person and represents the quality and excitement you seek. I haven't been to a Costco, so I can't comment on their gems from personal experience, but I can tell you my brother, who lives in another state, just bought his fiance a diamond engagement ring from Costco and it's supposed to be stunning.

Isn't it great. You can pick up a steak, a flat screen TV, some paper towels and a nice 2 carat diamaond, set in platinum, all in the same store.

God Bless America!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Barbx,

Now that you have your eye on a tennis necklace, start shopping around. Impulse purchases are fun, but a major piece of jewelry is not something you want to rush into. Keep in mind the price of the costco necklace and get more quotes from a variety of jewelers. You can shop locally or email PS vendors such as GOG or Whiteflash to get quotes.

Flower12 just had a tennis bracelet made with the same carat weight as the Costco Necklace. Check out her thread here.

The diamonds in her bracelet are superideal cut ACA diamonds. I'm sure they sparkle like mad and I drool at the thought of a necklace with that amount of bling!!!

Congrats on 10 years! You deserve something nice!
36.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
barbx
1.gif
Tennis necklace
30.gif
30.gif
must be beautiful
Jelly
2.gif
you must can read my mind!
after I got WF''s tennis bracelet. I''ve been day dreaming of WF''s ACA tennis necklace.
9.gif

my favorite Armani black dress has little split front of dress to just above belly ,
so I want to have 25 inch long.
9.gif

I also like this style necklace too ,it''s maybe 30inch ?more?

128982777.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this required a second job ... I have some doubts about spending all that effort for something ungraded called 'SI2'. 'Bet that part is overstated, and the item worth quite a bit less because of that. There's something to be said for the rush of an enthusiastic impulse buy, but... this is Pricescope: one good place where 'impulse buy' means a couple of weeks rather than a couple of minutes
9.gif

zach_xt

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/26/2006 11:05:24 PM
Author:barbx
Someone talk some sense into me! I can''t possibly buy a diamond necklace from Costco, can I?
38.gif

Why not? Costco''s diamond quality is quite good, considering what is found at most jewlery chain stores. Minimum quality VS2 I. The pricing is quite competitive as well. The only factor left out of the equation is cut, but if the thing looks good, then it probably is, especially if you have seen a large variety of diamonds and know what you are looking for.

barbx

Rough_Rock
I wish I had a link to show you -- it''s actually just single stones, all the way around, but graduated so the tiny ones are in the back, and it gets bigger toward the center.

I saw Flower''s bracelet... it is SO sparkly and beautiful!! I should hold out for ACA, and I did get a 3 ct tennis necklace quoted out from WF with ACA G VS2 stones, but it was a bit out of my price range.

Sigh... I really, really shouldn''t have tried it on, but what''s a girl to do when there''s a sparkly in front of her?

30.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I went to Costco today and saw your necklace! Actually, I needed bottled water, paper towels, and their delicious english cucumbers....but made a special stop by the jewelry section to look for your necklace. It''s very pretty! I didn''t see any specs on it. Are you sure they are H color or was that an estimate?

Do you think you''ll get it?

zach_xt

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 1:00:57 AM
Author: Jelly
Are you sure they are H color or was that an estimate?

Just to reiterate what I had said in my previous post as people generally ignore my posts, here''s a copy-and-paste from Costco''s jewelry FAQ:

Q: What does “VS-2 clarity, I color, or better” mean?

Costco guarantees diamond clarity to be VS-2 (Very Slightly Included) and color to be I (Near Colorless) or better. To ensure our quality is never compromised and our orders are prompt, our vendors often supply us with higher quality diamonds. Our gemologists check every diamond to ensure our minimum quality is met.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 2:44:09 AM
Author: zach_xt

Date: 1/28/2006 1:00:57 AM
Are you sure they are H color or was that an estimate?

Just to reiterate what I had said in my previous post as people generally ignore my posts, here''s a copy-and-paste from Costco''s jewelry FAQ:

Q: What does “VS-2 clarity, I color, or better” mean?

Costco guarantees diamond clarity to be VS-2 (Very Slightly Included) and color to be I (Near Colorless) or better. To ensure our quality is never compromised and our orders are prompt, our vendors often supply us with higher quality diamonds. Our gemologists check every diamond to ensure our minimum quality is met.
I didn''t ignore your post. Costco sells diamonds in their solitaire rings. Do you think this applies to every single diamond in the costco jewelry, including melee and sidestones?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock

Best thing to do is to take a trip to Costco and ask them yourself.

zach_xt

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 3:33:29 AM
I didn't ignore your post. Costco sells diamonds in their solitaire rings. Do you think this applies to every single diamond in the costco jewelry, including melee and sidestones?

Sorry if my post sounded whiny. I didn't intend it to be so. I was merely observing out loud. Sorry if I came across rudely
1.gif

Costco's diamond guarantee applies to every stone they sell. Even on the small stone jewelry, they include a generic appraisal that states their VS2/I guarantee.

Date: 1/28/2006 3:39:38 AM

Best thing to do is to take a trip to Costco and ask them yourself.

I'm saving her that trip
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results