shape
carat
color
clarity

I feel like I cheated on him...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I went and looked at engagement rings yesterday and didn''t tell him!!! Haha I don''t actually feel quite like I cheated on him, I''m just so used to telling him absolutely everything that him not knowing I did this feels funny. I wasn''t making any decisions or anything I just wanted to get my fingers sized and just try on a few different sized center stones to get an idea of what size I liked. He knows I look online all the time and knows about Pricescope but he wants to wait a few more months before looking at rings in person together but I couldn''t wait! I just needed to know what size ring finger I have so that I can get a better perspective of size on here. I really don''t feel bad at all about going, just that I failed to mention it to him. And even that I wouldn''t say I feel bad about, necessarily, just weird that he doesn''t know and we almost never keep anything from each other. If I told him he''d probably laugh and think it was funny, but I''m worried he''d get a little stressed and feel pressured. I''m respecting that he wants to graduate first before thinking about engagement so the only reason I''m not telling him is just so he doesn''t feel any unnecessary pressure.

Oh man I just feel silly about this whole covert operation, haha. Anyone else with similar stories?

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!

i did that
11.gif

but then i came home and confessed everything
12.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heheh don''t feel bad. I''m sure he doesn''t tell you every time he browses online for things he dreams about having ;-)

I feel like a cheater too, but in a worse way! I''m thinking of resetting the diamond from my e-ring from my previous marriage. So I don''t even know if 1. my SO will even want me to re-use that diamond and 2. if my SO has any interest in even giving me a ring.

LOL! it''s fun to browse and dream!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Haha don''t feel bad! I don''t tell my guy every time I stop by a ring store. I do it quite often so it woulc probably freak him out! haha (I work near a mall and about five good jewelers!) Your ff may only be comfortable going to two or three jewelers but maybe you want to try out a few more stores. You will pick your favorites and then take him!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
I did that all the time, and made up huge stories to tell the shopkeepers so they wouldn''t think I was a crazy LIW:) totally normal IMO
2.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I have done this too!! I was with my mom last time so I didn't make up any story or feel silly about it. She was trying on a bunch of rings too. I don't think I could ever go try rings on by myself just because I know they would think I am crazy!
2.gif
But, I did go home and tell BF. He just laughed at me
3.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2010 12:36:34 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
31.gif
I did that all the time, and made up huge stories to tell the shopkeepers so they wouldn''t think I was a crazy LIW:) totally normal IMO
2.gif

Yeah I walked in and made some silly comment about how my boyfriend asked me to get my ring finger sized... ugh I felt so dumb saying it though. I usually don''t mind making up silly and harmless back stories to strangers but I just felt so dumb this time cause I was being such a crazy LIW haha.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I really don't feel that bad, more so just a little silly and I needed to tell someone I went. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in my covert endeavors haha.

I was so excited though to find out my ring size finally. I searched for SMTR threads with my finger size so I could finally get an idea of what different carat sizes look like on my finger.
9.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
:) I didn''t do that, but I did check out PS rings A LOT and he never knew

cally

Rough_Rock
Totally done that before. A few times. And I didn''t fess up. But I also do it with other jewelry as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results