shape
carat
color
clarity

I dub the "Lilly II" rock! Thanks Pintobean!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Y'all!! It was quite the exhausting week. Two nights ago when I pulled up to this corner I noticed sisters cat Lilly in the neighbors grass and on the PROWL. So I sat to watch the action. After a long wait I realized she WAS NOT MOVING!
So put the window down and was calling to her. "Lilly kitty kitty".

NOTHING! My
1f9e1.png
started to sink as I decided to turn that way and take a closer look..
1f62f.png

As I got closer I could see it was a STINKING ROCK! What a GOOBER. I am out here yelling and fretting over a darn ROCK!!!
1f923.png
1f408.png
1f408.png
1f408.png
1f408.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png

I sure needed that.
Pretty sure the neighbors think I am a fruit loop for sure.

Thanks @PintoBean for your LOL and suggestion for naming said rock.

. Lilly II Rock.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: ❤️

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a riot! Not as snuggly as the real deal, unfortunately.

You are in good company: a couple of months ago DH and I were enjoying a nighttime walk around our cul-de-sac. At the wooded part I saw a bear moving from the street up the hill into the trees. I did an about-face and booked it home, with DH in tow wondering what happened. There are bears around and our neighbors had been reporting sightings in their yards, so this is not far-fetched. We got in the car and drove over to investigate but didn't see it. Further investigation in daylight and subsequent dusk/nighttime sleuthing indicates I likely mistook a neighbor's mailbox for the bear... sounds nuts but I didn't have my glasses on and darkness can play tricks on your eyes and mind.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness @Vera as @rainydaze wrote, you are in good company. I have done that (more than once LOL) and it is a huge relief when I realized not a living being (that wasn't moving) but an inanimate object. Whew.

Of course, for me, I need to get my eyes examined as it has been a few (many) years. Which is a bit ironic but :ugeek:

:lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny stories! I have done the same thing outside at night with the dog on the patio. Sticks looks like menacing snakes and shadows can make you crazy!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
My poor husband still has not gotten over my shouting out "moose" when we were driving by a swampy lake in northern NH. He carefully drove back around, only to find it was a large stick in the water.

Along those lines, once when we were out walking, he spotted an upcoming barrier that would have hit us in the head if we kept going. He yelled out, "Duck!" and silly me, I turned my head and asked, "Where?"

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Y'all!! It was quite the exhausting week. Two nights ago when I pulled up to this corner I noticed sisters cat Lilly in the neighbors grass and on the PROWL. So I sat to watch the action. After a long wait I realized she WAS NOT MOVING!
So put the window down and was calling to her. "Lilly kitty kitty".

NOTHING! My
1f9e1.png
started to sink as I decided to turn that way and take a closer look..
1f62f.png

As I got closer I could see it was a STINKING ROCK! What a GOOBER. I am out here yelling and fretting over a darn ROCK!!!
1f923.png
1f408.png
1f408.png
1f408.png
1f408.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png

I sure needed that.
Pretty sure the neighbors think I am a fruit loop for sure.

Thanks @PintoBean for your LOL and suggestion for naming said rock.

. Lilly II Rock.jpg

Like I told you, you named it, so now you need to take it into your home!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results