shape
carat
color
clarity

I don't use it, but ...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... this guy presents very cogent arguments for legalization.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, it seems no matter where you go here there is that smell, it really irks me because I don’t want to smell it, I don’t want my kids to smell it. Also I feel like legalizing has given kids in particular the impression that it is harmless when it actually isn’t, anything we are consuming comes with a risk and this is no different.

Still, I am all for people having a choice, so long as they are informed about potential side effects. I just wish everything didn’t reek of weed all the time now.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I don’t mind it being legal, but share the same concerns as you yada. It is not harmless especially smoking it. Also, somebody pointed out some thing that I thought was insightful. You can have a glass of wine and not get drunk. You can’t just take a couple of hits of marijuana and not get high.

Anyway, I still think it’s fine to be legal just with knowledge of risk. The problem for me with it being illegal is unnecessary arrests and incarceration, etc..

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't smoke the wacky weed.
It is legal here, and there are cannabis shops all over the place.
I guess it's ok, if it's freeing up jail space for the real criminals.
I hate the smell, also.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
And speaking of the smell @YadaYadaYada , I totally know what you mean because I was at a parade the other day for St. Patrick’s, and it was a really small parade geared towards children. I was there with my son and some guy with his kids was there and he was smoking a cigar and I wanted to pass out because it smelled so bad. And he was across the street and a bit away from us, but the smell just carries! I really felt like slapping him.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, I hear you! I hate any kind of smoke. Really gets me the people that smoke right outside an entrance or exit of a store. I usually end up holding my breath walking past them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I encounter cigarette smell much more often than that of weed, even though I live in the Los Angeles area.

I suspect cigarettes are much more harmful than weed, mostly because
weed gets you more high than cigs do so users are more likely to smoke many more cigarettes than joints.

I just don't like when I'm driving on the freeway and smell it from someone driving in front of me. :angryfire:
It's like seeing the driver next to you chugging a beer, or texting.

I do like catching a whiff of smoke from a fireplace or a campfire, especially when it's cold outside.

The worst was when I was in the US military in the 70s 80s and people smoked cigs INSIDE, even at work. :knockout:

... I still think it’s fine to be legal just with knowledge of risk. ...

I agree, but see that as support for legalization.
Why? The label warnings on all packages of cigs and alcohol.
Informing of risk ain't gonna happen when it's illegal.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I live in the Los Angeles metro jungle, and I encounter cigarette smell much more often than that of weed.
I'd guess cigarettes are much more harmful than weed, mostly because
weed gets you more high than cigs do so users are more likely to smoke many more cigarettes than joints.

I just don't like when I'm driving on the freeway and smell it.
It's like seeing the driver next to you chugging a beer, or texting. :angryfire:

I do have some positive associations with the smell of burning things like campfire and fireplace smoke, especially when it's just a whiff and it's cold outside.

I agree, but see that as support for legalization.
Why? The label warnings on all packages of cigs and alcohol.
Informing of risk ain't gonna happen when it's illegal.

Yes I was saying that I DO support legalization. There are just some things that are quite annoying about the presence of it around, just like there is of cigarette smoke, etc

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opps.
Sorry. :doh:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

At one time I thought the skunk population had tripled--but no, just weed. I eschew tobacco products--and detest second hand smoke.

cheers--Sharon

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I won't get into it too far, but familiar, let's say. I worked in the industry for a time.
It's health benefits far outweigh it's risks. The science is incredible. One of the oldest medicines known to man.

And yes, much of it stinks. Just eat an edible or take a tincture.:lol:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't watch the video, above. Just chiming in to say that my DH has chronic pain issues, and is on powerful meds for the underlying factors. His doctor recommended that he explore cannabis.

DH started to use cannabis cookies as the effects are better for him than other methods. He estimates that he's been able to reduce prescription opioid use by 80%, since using the cannabis cookies. Pretty amazing for his overall wellbeing, and pain reduction.

Another friend uses cannabis cookies (she has arthritis pain, and didn't sleep well), which has greatly reduced knee pain. She also sleeps well with cannabis use.

A third friend uses cannabis "gummies" to help with anxiety. Works like a charm for her. Same for the son of someone else I know.

It can be powerful for improving health. One needs to do the research and explore what might work best for them.

As for the smell of the smoke, yeah, it can be strong. So are cigarettes/cigars, to me. I don't care for the smell of any of the aforementioned.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live by the philosophy do as you please as long as you don’t harm others (me included) in any way. I have alpha one anti trypsin deficiency so for me second hand smoke is very harmful. My lungs are compromised.

So I’m against any smoking in public spaces. I don’t want to smell your smoke. Having said that I eat thc gummies before bed and it helps my sleep greatly so I’m very pleased it’s legal.

But no one should be smoking pot in public. Imo

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I'm all for responsible use. It's legal where I live, and my DH and I enjoy edibles (we make our own canna-butter and bake cookies) or vape a few times a week. I especially love that our vape is smoke free, and doesn't bother my lungs (or our neighbors). DH (unmedicated ADHD) likes that a little bit helps quiet his mind enough to fall asleep more easily.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's legal here, but honestly, I never smell it. Not sure why not. Although, driving under the influence of pot or anything else is still illegal. I've never like the smell, even as a teenager. I've tried gummies a few times to help with sleeping, but don't use them regularly. I feel them the next day and if I only take half, they don't do much.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to smoke it, fine. Been there, done that. I just have a couple of requests:
1. Please don't operate on me when high.
2. Please don't drive a car, ambulance or the like while high.
3. Keep your smelly cigars and cigarettes away from me.
4. Refrain from piloting a plane or other mechanical objects.
5. Don't be responsible for children when high.

In short smokers; USE COMMEN SENSE

thank you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t even know what it smells like :eek-2:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I'm all for responsible use. It's legal where I live, and my DH and I enjoy edibles (we make our own canna-butter and bake cookies) or vape a few times a week. I especially love that our vape is smoke free, and doesn't bother my lungs (or our neighbors). DH (unmedicated ADHD) likes that a little bit helps quiet his mind enough to fall asleep more easily.

I make canna-butter for DH's cookies, as well, @lala646. I've learned so much about cannabis. It has to be the most popular plant topic online. :lol: DH has a little vape-type gadget for if he's in a lot of pain. I decarb cannabis, and on the rare occasion he needs it, he'll use some in the wee vape thingie for near-instant relief. Then follow it with a cookie for more lasting effects.

The first couple months of growing cannabis, and accumulating the various bits n' pieces needed, my credit card statement looked like I was opening a grow-op or a retail cannabis store. :lol: :lol-2:

I never use it; have never tasted the cookies nor tried the vaporizer.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kenny, long time no post for me. :)

Here's the state of my state's medical legalization. It's the typical crap implementation we expect around here, since we're mostly a cautionary tale for the rest of the country. Although I'm almost certain we're not the only state with residents who would be content to sell their land to Chinese mafia.

I for one will be thrilled to see "The Green Mile" (a one mile stretch of a major thoroughfare where I once counted at least 17 dispensaries) whittled down to a very few, and then have that writ larger for the rest of the state. The culling really needs to happen.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It smells like chicken.

If you've ever smelled a stick of burning moxa (mugwort) it smells exactly like that.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I didn't watch the video, above. Just chiming in to say that my DH has chronic pain issues, and is on powerful meds for the underlying factors. His doctor recommended that he explore cannabis.

DH started to use cannabis cookies as the effects are better for him than other methods. He estimates that he's been able to reduce prescription opioid use by 80%, since using the cannabis cookies. Pretty amazing for his overall wellbeing, and pain reduction.

Another friend uses cannabis cookies (she has arthritis pain, and didn't sleep well), which has greatly reduced knee pain. She also sleeps well with cannabis use.

A third friend uses cannabis "gummies" to help with anxiety. Works like a charm for her. Same for the son of someone else I know.

It can be powerful for improving health. One needs to do the research and explore what might work best for them.

As for the smell of the smoke, yeah, it can be strong. So are cigarettes/cigars, to me. I don't care for the smell of any of the aforementioned.

I tried them for sleeping and anxiety, and it just intensified lol. I think I took one that had way too much THC in it. I felt like I had to grip the bedsheets to stop myself from floating away.

1710852044976.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you've ever smelled a stick of burning moxa (mugwort) it smells exactly like that.

Nope, no idea what that smells like either!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ksinger. :wavey:
Welcome back. =)

Well, I wouldn't go that far, calling me "back", more like lurking since I'm doing a project at present, but thanks anyway. 8-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried them for sleeping and anxiety, and it just intensified lol. I think I took one that had way too much THC in it. I felt like I had to grip the bedsheets to stop myself from floating away.

1710852044976.gif

I tried gummies one time and boy I was in another dimension that night into the next day. Obviously over did it but not an experience I need to have ever again lol!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

1710852044976.gif

:lol:Try Delta 8 or 10. Less intense. These are cannabinoid isolates:lol:

If you want the 'old way' there's a hybrid strain called Pillow Factory that is 14%.
One and done.
I'm a proponent of entourage products. Happy Camper or Jar brand.

*always start with half of the gummies- unless you can find a 3 or 4mg or something
people can do impressive amounts- I'm not one of them. CBD is always a nice thing to have included.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
:lol:Try Delta 8 or 10. Less intense. These are cannabinoid isolates:lol:

If you want the 'old way' there's a hybrid strain called Pillow Factory that is 14%.
One and done.
I'm a proponent of entourage products. Happy Camper or Jar brand.

*always start with half of the gummies- unless you can find a 3 or 4mg or something
people can do impressive amounts- I'm not one of them. CBD is always a nice thing to have included.

It was a Delta 8/9 but my mistake was not paying attention to the mg. I did cut it in half bc I'm a lightweight with these things anyway. But after my panicky trip to Planet Zork, the next day I looked at the label and saw that each gummy was 100mg - 90 mg of Delta 8 and 10mg of 9. And then there was this warning saying it was super strong and to take 1/4 or less. :eek2::lol:. Like why produce a gummy and say take 1/4?!! My husband takes one now occasionally and he cuts it in eights. He says 1/4 is too strong and he's twice my size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results