shape
carat
color
clarity

I did it too - My Knot Bio

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I''m not really sure where the weekend went, but I have a kickass bio started on The Knot!

clickitty click click

And yes, I KNOW I''m not engaged yet but we may try for a 2005 engagement AND wedding so I won''t have time to dilly dally once he pops the question!

tick
tock
tick
tock

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
twinkle that was simply beautiful bio. cute pics of the both of you spaghetti and kimchee. lol! you 2 look great together. do you really think you need help!?!? your ideas are incredible! i just bookmarked your bio to show Dre.

I definitely think you could pull that look off as well! It's gorgeous. Esp. w/ the makeup ideas.... simple and serene.

I love suits for men, the third cake, ALL the bouquets!, the blue BM dress that for you, lol, last but not least I vote for chocolate and pale blue!
30.gif

PS
your nick name just gave me a craving for Korean Bbq! Yum yum, bulgogi and pancakes.. I think I'll have to make a trip to korean town this week for dinner.
18.gif
I just hate walking out smelling like cooked meat. hah

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
forgot to mention, without a doubt... that dress is delic! especially the back. WOW! I hope you go for it.
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
twinkletoes -

LOVE your bio. I especially like the rotating picture at the top. Very cute!

That flowergirl dress is made by Katina Katoo...but I warn you.. it costs about a bajillion dollars ($300+)

I am not sure who makes that BM dress.. but it looks familiar. I may be able to track it down. Is the ribbon on it pink or white?

The back of that Reem gown is absolutely STUNNING. Trains like that are just soooo gorgeous.

I really like the cake with all the pink flowers on it... My mom wants something like that with real flowers on it for my wedding cake (I don''t know what the heck I want)

I like your tuxes a LOT too. Its such a sexy look!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
cute330: yeah, that''s the worst part about going to eat korean bbq - smelling like a charcoal afterwards! still, it doesn''t deter me one bit!

melissasue: holy crap! $300 for a little girl''s dress?! hahahaa. ok, well that''ll be a no go.

it''s funny cause i just pulled images from other people''s bios not knowing costs or designers and such. i guess that''ll get you in trouble pretty quick.

i love everything in my bio, but i''m wondering how much of it will be my reality. we''re not looking to drop a lot of cash on one day, but at the same time want a beautiful and meaningful day with our family and friends.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
What a great bio! You already know I love your dream dress, but checking out your knot bio, it''s freaking me out cuz it might as well be MY bio. I have been loving the chocalate brown/baby blue color scheme ever since I saw an article in one of the Martha Stewart Weddings! Only hold back is I am a little afraid thrity years later I ''ll be looking at my wedding pics and wonder why I chose such a 70s color scheme. That second cake with the orchids was the first cake I fell in love with. Your tulip bouqet is in my top five (two top faves are now cala lillies or whitpeonies with choclate brown cosmos). The groomsmen look is dead on with what I wanted. My hair is going to be in a low chignon (similar to a pic I saw of Lucy Liu), with either pretty sparkly hair jewelry or a flower tucked into the siade (for a more "Spanish" look to honor my bf''s culture). I am definitely going to have the tree branch with pretty spakly things hanging off it as part of the decorations (church or reception I haven''t decided). Low center pieces are a must. Freaky deaky!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
oooh... that is kinda freaky! or else it just means we both have great taste! LOL

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Great bio!! How long did that take you?? I deleted mine by accident and totally ran out of patience when redoing it! We too have guests coming from Cali and Montreal to our wedding. Are you two both US citizens or is one of you Canadian?

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
oh, it took a while! practically the entire weekend (sad huh?). i keep forgetting, but my bf isn''t an american citizen. he''s canadian all the way.

i started my bio on this bio helper site :

http://www.stlwed.com/help/bio/

but it was slow going so I just copied the code into word and just worked on it from there. copy & paste img url''s and just swap out the name. =)

what took time was going through all my photos and figuring out which inspirational ideas i still liked and resizing all those pictures.

i didn''t tell my bf i did this. i think it would weird him out a bit. make him think i''m somewhat...oh, ... crazy maybe? LOL

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
love your bio! wish i had the patience to make one, but i''m putting all my energy into a real wedding website, so... ya know, gotta allocate my energies somehow! hehe.

GREAT flower pics, I saved some of them~!!
9.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2005 12:38:19 AM
Author: twinkletoes
oooh... that is kinda freaky! or else it just means we both have great taste! LOL

LOL....i agree...we do have great taste
emwink.gif
!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I think I may go for chocolate brown and pink for our color scheme! I just love the BM dress with the pink sash and I don''t think it would look as nice with baby blue. I think pink would be a lot easier to match in regards to flowers as well. We''ll see though. I asked my bf if he was ok with brown and pink for our color scheme and he says, "brown and pink?... ok, whatever you want. Oh WAIT! Not everything you want...I want a say in some stuff." LOL

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
So I just looked at your knot bio - very nice! You and your bf are very cute together!

I love the chocolate & pink combo. I saw a wedding this summer held where I work that had bridesmaids in that and they were so pretty! I think its a great color combination. It seemed to look good on every BM, and honestly, with all the weddings I had to sit through, that was the wedding I still remember! Very cute idea
1.gif
I believe she used what I''d describe as sunset (some yellow, peach, orange and pink) colors for the flowers, and it was really pretty. I usually really like blue & brown combos a lot, but for some reason, not as much for BM dresses, don''t know why. Glad your bf approves too
3.gif

Do you think you''ll have to start booking vendors before he proposes if you want to get it all done in 2005? Definitely nice to have your ideas sorted out before its time tho.

Ginger -- I guess I wouldn''t worry about what it looks like 30 years from now...when everyone is happy in the pictures, that''s all that matters. To me at least. My parents are divorced so I saw my mom''s wedding album for the first time about a month ago. She said her bridesmaid dresses were supposedly risque back in the 70s and the thing is, they''d be stylish now. Yeah in the 80''s they were out, but styles are always going to change...Sort of similar to the after six dress that MS and Twinkle have in their bios, except the ones my mom used were even lower cut! I was like I''d wear that now! I think you''re safe as long as you don''t go for something ultra modern for the time...then it can get dated pretty quickly

Btw, MS -- I can''t believe people spend $300 on flower girl dresses...that''s nuts! It is pretty tho...

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
^^

I don''t think I would feel comfortable booking vendors before getting the ring and proposal. I mean, I know we''re ring shopping but I still feel a bit weird about going into jewelry stores to try on rings by myself. It''s like, without the validation of a man standing by my side they seem to all think it''s a farce. And I hate that feeling so I just avoid it.

And the dramatist in me won''t let me book anything without the ring. I mean, God forbid he change his mind or something happens and we don''t get engaged you know? I would die or shame and embarrassment.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Chocolate all around! I''m using chocolate/espresso for my bridesmaids as well, but my colors are tones of brown, white, and green (woodsy theme and all.. the function coordinator will probably be shocked to see me coming in with moss, branches, and ferns and no roses - she''s the traditional sort).

We''ll see how it all looks in pictures years from now.. I suspect that choice of fabric also has a lot to do with how dated dresses look.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
rfath> are you having an outdoor wedding? i saw those exact colors used for someone''s wedding i saw in a magazine and it was drop dead gorgeous! very luxe in their outdoor wedding! i think how you work the colors, your surroundings, dress styles, etc will contribute more to timelessness than what colors you use. i have a feeling super pink weddings or bright colors will be "out" faster than earth tones...though i could be wrong.

i can''t wait to see pics! do you have dresses and flowers picked out? i''d love to see your inspiration as well! do share!

Brittany

Rough_Rock
It looks lovely!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 2:35:24 PM
Author: twinkletoes
rfath> are you having an outdoor wedding? i saw those exact colors used for someone''s wedding i saw in a magazine and it was drop dead gorgeous! very luxe in their outdoor wedding! i think how you work the colors, your surroundings, dress styles, etc will contribute more to timelessness than what colors you use. i have a feeling super pink weddings or bright colors will be ''out'' faster than earth tones...though i could be wrong.

i can''t wait to see pics! do you have dresses and flowers picked out? i''d love to see your inspiration as well! do share!

2.gif
The ceremony will be outside if the weather cooperates, but there''s enough room for it to be inside just in case. My wedding venue is at a really cool old estate at the beginning of September:

jump_uc_ent.gif

The florist and I are working on a more natural theme with lots of mosses and ferns, even on the tables... my bouquet will be ferns and hostas and just a touch of flowers (maybe lily of the valley, but maybe something else petite and white). It sounds weird, but I''ve got lots of idea pictures and it''s really neat! Somewhere those pictures are stored on my computer...

My dress is so not what I was looking for, but it just.. fit:
knmikes051057m.jpg

And just to see if I can really make my post way too long... a rough idea for the bridesmaids'' dresses, though I haven''t decided on fabric yet. I LOVE silk shantung, but satin is just so classic (and they''ll be sleeveless):
M3436.jpg

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
omg that is fabulous! a dark brown w/all those greens will be so perfect for your wedding. your venue w/the stone walls actually remind me of the aforementioned magazine shoot i saw. crap, now i HAVE to go find it & scan it for you. hopefully, i still have the mag...brb!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
rfath, that is going to be GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE the wedding dress--isn''t it funny how the right thing just jumps out at you whether is''t what you''re looking for or not? And the venue and BM dresses....Yay!!! Love the early Fall-outdoorsy thing!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey TT, I saw the movie Sideways and I think the bride at the end is wearing the Reem Acra Paradise!!! Not positive, but it sure looked similar!!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
twinkletoes: I adore your knot bio! Love everything... a big WOW for your stunning dress... great color scheme... love the flower arrangements!!! You and your FI look amazing together! I love your moving pics - what a fun couple you are!
9.gif

rfath: You will have a lovely September wedding! Love your venue. I can picture your woodsy theme with all the greenery.
21.gif

your dress is gorgeous. Your color scheme is beautiful.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results