shape
carat
color
clarity

I couldn''t resist this emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
last one

IMG_1610sdhesrgt.JPG

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Upgradable,

I could clearly be tired and not seeing things properly this morning, but the photos you posted (I assume these are from the auction or seller), don't seem to match the photos you posted of the actual item. The reason I say this is because the prongs don't match on the mounting (i.e. first photos posted - the prongs seem to be single and pointed and your photos look like the mounting has double prongs)? Please forgive me if I'm completely out of it - haven't had any coffee or food yet....

Kroshka

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE that colour!!!
30.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
38.gif

Date: 9/17/2009 11:03:59 AM
Author: kroshka
Hi Upgradable,

I could clearly be tired and not seeing things properly this morning, but the photos you posted (I assume these are from the auction or seller), don''t seem to match the photos you posted of the actual item. The reason I say this is because the prongs don''t match on the mounting (i.e. first photos posted - the prongs seem to be single and pointed and your photos look like the mounting has double prongs)? Please forgive me if I''m completely out of it - haven''t had any coffee or food yet....

Kroshka
Upon closer look, YOU''RE RIGHT!! The prongs are different, and I think the stone is different too! Mine matches the measurements stated at 6.5x6.0, but the pictures from Dover show a stone with a much different LxW proportions.

Holy cow! I''m going to have to have to go back and check. I do love the look of what I have, and (if authentic) I still got a very good deal.

Thanks, Kroshka!
38.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I sent the vendor a message. Let''s see how they respond.

Dear doverjewelry,
Upon close examination, the emerald pendant I received is NOT the one displayed in the listing, although the description is consistent with what I received. Is it the same piece pictured?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the bright color, looks fabulous on you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 11:14:59 AM
Author: Upgradable
38.gif

Date: 9/17/2009 11:03:59 AM
Author: kroshka
Hi Upgradable,

I could clearly be tired and not seeing things properly this morning, but the photos you posted (I assume these are from the auction or seller), don't seem to match the photos you posted of the actual item. The reason I say this is because the prongs don't match on the mounting (i.e. first photos posted - the prongs seem to be single and pointed and your photos look like the mounting has double prongs)? Please forgive me if I'm completely out of it - haven't had any coffee or food yet....

Kroshka
Upon closer look, YOU'RE RIGHT!! The prongs are different, and I think the stone is different too! Mine matches the measurements stated at 6.5x6.0, but the pictures from Dover show a stone with a much different LxW proportions.

Holy cow! I'm going to have to have to go back and check. I do love the look of what I have, and (if authentic) I still got a very good deal.

Thanks, Kroshka!
38.gif
I'm glad I'm not seeing things! I too noticed that the proportions seemed to be different - yours looks a little more squarish and the one in the auction photo looks more rectangular. I didn't think much about the color since photos can be deceiving because of lighting and differences in monitors, but then the prongs really got me.

Kroshka

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well.................. what do you think of this customer service?

I just received a phone call from the owner of Dover Jewelry asking about my message. He apologized for what he described as a mix up between pieces. He said they had a few of these and must have sent out the "wrong one." He offered me the option of a full refund upon return, or a 10% discount on my purchase price should I wish to keep it. I told him I loved the piece, and I would like to keep it. He said to expect the 10% credited to my paypal by this afternoon.

I''m quite happy with the way they stepped up and handled it.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great! I''m glad the seller did the right thing and now with the 10% it makes your find an even better deal :)

Kroshka

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Uppy-Lovely pendant! Also noticed it was not as pictured initially. I have had a similar experience with Dover-purchased an asscher band from them, when it arrived the stones were square baguettes and the setting was almost half the weight as listed and really cheap looking. They offered a full refund even though they never fessed up to the ring being different and claimed they sent out the same item as pictured!!! Good luck, it is still a pretty pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results