shape
carat
color
clarity

'I' colored stones - a bargain or a bust? Show them here!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 'I' colored stones - a bargain or a bust? Show them her

mrs-blop said:
*sigh* The hunt goes on and on endlessly, doesn't it?

...always. [emoji16]

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04|1412105346|3759328 said:
mrs-blop said:

...always. [emoji16]

I want an icon of a female hunter holding a spear with a big fat diamond on the end of it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop said:
msop04|1412105346|3759328 said:
mrs-blop said:

...always. [emoji16]

I want an icon of a female hunter holding a spear with a big fat diamond on the end of it.

Yessssss!!! Or some chick with the fishing line reeling in a big 'ole rock!! LOL

I wonder if we have any resident computer experts here on PS??? Maybe they'll make some new emoticons for us?? [emoji92][emoji183][emoji184][emoji92]

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock

Costco is a good place to go check out I color stones and there's no sales pressure. They promise a minimum of I VS2 or better. Their better stones have GIA reports.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Here is my GIA "I", 1.04 mine cut cushion. I see a warm color in strong sunlight. It adds a slight contract to the halo. In some light it looks white (no flourescence). I like the color very much and think it adds to the character.

This is the most color I see
2014-08-25_17_0.png

2014-08-25_17.png

Indoors is more like this
20140819_125937.jpg

20140816_152130.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Moneymeister - that's lovely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MrsBlop, I'd really consider white metal prongs. I know you said you'd do the tips in white, but I really wouldn't want there to be any yellow next to the stone, either. At certain angles, I would be afraid I could see the yellow.

When does the stone arrive? I think it looked great in the picture. I had the pleasure of trying on m-2-b's ring this summer, and it absolutely looked fine to me; definitely not too tinted at all. I found a couple more pictures for you from that visit.

The first two is mostly m-2-b's diamonds and my 2.3 ct AVR is mixed in! All of these stones are I color except the AVC which is a J. I'd be totally happy with a J in a large faceted stone like an AVC. The last picture is a side profile view indoors of our two I color rings. I forgot we had that picture! I am really pleased at the way all of these I color diamonds looked in outdoor and indoor lighting. (In that last pic, that is not the culet of the diamond that you see. I guess it is part of the girdle reflection. You can't see the culet from the side of the prongs.)

2014-06-07_34.jpg

2014-06-07_35.jpg

2014-06-07_36.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1412397317|3761847 said:
MrsBlop, I'd really consider white metal prongs. I know you said you'd do the tips in white, but I really wouldn't want there to be any yellow next to the stone, either. At certain angles, I would be afraid I could see the yellow.

When does the stone arrive? I think it looked great in the picture. I had the pleasure of trying on m-2-b's ring this summer, and it absolutely looked fine to me; definitely not too tinted at all. I found a couple more pictures for you from that visit.

The first two is mostly m-2-b's diamonds and my 2.3 ct AVR is mixed in! All of these stones are I color except the AVC which is a J. I'd be totally happy with a J in a large faceted stone like an AVC. The last picture is a side profile view indoors of our two I color rings. I forgot we had that picture! I am really pleased at the way all of these I color diamonds looked in outdoor and indoor lighting. (In that last pic, that is not the culet of the diamond that you see. I guess it is part of the girdle reflection. You can't see the culet from the side of the prongs.)

diamondseeker -

Thank you so much for those photos! That's probably the best collection of I colored rings in one photo on PS - and I've looked plenty! (I do suck at searching for topics on PS, though, so there may be something better out there that I just haven't found.)

The stone arrives in 10 days or so - it's not in the US so it needs to travel some distance to get to me - and I think I will initially put it in a Tiffany-style ring with yellow band and white prongs. That will give me a chance to 'feel it' for a while and see if I want to proceed with it. That's the first question; whether I want to keep it at all. Assuming I do, I'll see first how I feel about it set in white metal prongs, and if that doesn't work I'll try something else. What I really want to do is one of Leon's 3 stone rings with pear sides - but I'd ideally want it in yellow gold with platinum prongs - and Leon HATES bi-colored metal settings - unless he's trying to highlight a center stone, or some such. He's made it pretty clear that he finds yellow bands with white heads to be very outdated, and I wouldn't want to argue with him.

So all that to say, I have no idea whatsoever where I'll end up on this! There. That was helpful, wasn't it! :doh: :roll:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you try Steven instead. His yellow gold pieces are immaculate and he used to work for Leon so you could possibly get what you want from him.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi arkieb

Yes, I've spoken to Steven and he will definitely be my fall back position. The reason he's not my first choice is that I actually think Leon's version of this particular ring is slightly better, and when I talked to Steven about this style of ring he said "That's Leon specific design." So I'd rather stick with Leon if at all possible. Don't know whether it's worth the headache, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results