shape
carat
color
clarity

I can''t make up my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 5:05:03 PM
Author: packrat
I was playing around on Leon''s site today (uh, yeah, actually it''s called not cleaning my house like I should) and lookee at this''n. Can you picture this (the colors) just ovals e/w w/the rails?? Can ovals be double pronged or is that too much?

I love that colour combo!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Maevie! I''m excited about it-I hope it looks as good IRL as it does in that picture and in my imagination!

Michael''s got zircon, topaz and sapphire I can pick from for the sides. I''m torn. He said zircon would look better and the topaz would be more durable, but that if I''m really worried about the durability to go w/sapphire. I don''t think this ring will sit up as high as my ering, so I doubt I''d be hitting it on things. I don''t really wear my rings much-just to work 1 day a week and if we happen to go someplace. The rails should offer some protection too I think. Would it be a mistake to use zircon-am I better off in the long run w/one of the other two? Would the zircons outperform the chrysoberyl in sparkliness?

Zircon and Topaz would be cheaper and easier to replace dollar wise if I did do something to it right? Topaz being the cheapest I think. I did go look at Freke''s pictures of her topaz and she said the facets are like little mirrors, so I''m guessing topaz would be more reflecty rather than sparkly? Sounds pretty to me.

I''ve allowed myself $500 for all 3 stones, and Michael said that won''t be a problem-of course the more under that budget I come, the faster I can actually have the ring made! So I don''t want to choose something b/c it''s cheapest, I want to get whatever is going to make the ring and the combination of stones look the best. I didn''t look at any white sapphire or white zircon threads for pictures.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Since you won''t be wearing it too much and since (I assume) the overall sum won''t be a huge investment, I don''t think you should put too much emphasize on durability. Any of those gems can break or chip if hit with the right force at the right place, so it''s not like one of them is indestructible or something.

Yes, zircon would most probably "outsparkle" chrysoberyl, but a lot of it depends on the color and, even more, on the precision of cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results