shape
carat
color
clarity

I can''t decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I just can't figure out whether I love this ring or not. FF says he looooves it. I'm not so sure. The thing is, within our budget, I doubt I'd love anything MORE than I'm enjoying this. But I'm certainly not entranced by it. I dunno.

The thing is, I think you sort of have to see it in person, and I don't know that I can really show it to anyone, without, y'know, letting the cat out of the bag. I live faaaar away from my closest friends, and many of my friends here are associated with work (which means gossip since FF and I both work here, which means no-no) and the circle of friends who aren't work related are centered around a very recently single, very man-bitter pal who would probably think I was being bitchy and insensitive if I asked her 'What do you think of this engagement ring?!'

ARGH. Any ideas? It crossed my mind that I could just ask some strangers... you know, ladies sitting in the park or something. Haha. At least I'd get an honest opinion.
3.gif

37.gif

I've taken a HUGE number of photos which I hope to be able to post tonight or tomorrow, so maybe you guys can help me out, but I do think it's hard to tell except in person.

ETA: For those who haven't followed my mini-saga, I haven't been 'proposed to' with the ring, we're just having a look at it, so there's no possible hurt feelings involved on my FF's part if I decide I don't like it!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi IG!

Are you talking about the Bulgari?? I''ve been DYING to see it ever since you mentioned it in another thread. Looking forward to pictures!

I''m sure you''ll get lots of opinions, but of course in the end it''s for YOU to decide.

widget

PS: Your being "certainly not entranced by it" is NOT a positive sign!
7.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yes indeed! I'm talking about the Bulgari. I do really, really love the setting, and the diamond is MUCH sparklier and fierier (FIERYER?!?) than I expected, given it's 64% depth. But it didn't help that the first thing FF said when we opened the box was 'WOW! It's really SMALL!'

The setting is substantial, and I can't decide if that makes the ring look more substantial or makes the diamond look smaller. Also, I can't tell if it's too hefty for my little paw.

FF really, really loves it (although I think he wishes he could get me a bigger stone... which he could if we got a plain gold band, but he says that's too boring). And I wonder if I'm just NERVOUS that it be perfect, because it's so much money.

Was anyone else really nervous, even though (or especially because) it wasn't your money (ladies)?

Well, that and the fact that it really is NOTHING like I'd ever imagined I'd get.

Pics will be posted as soon as I can get them off his camera!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for pics! You know we''ll be honest with you.

I did LOVE that ring though, but sometimes it can look different on a hand.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tough call. Part of me thinks that if you are having doubts, then it''s not the one. Don''t let your fi convince you if you are getting the ring more because he likes it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 3:07:43 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Yes indeed! I''m talking about the Bulgari. I do really, really love the setting, and the diamond is MUCH sparklier and fierier (FIERYER?!?) than I expected, given it''s 64% depth. But it didn''t help that the first thing FF said when we opened the box was ''WOW! It''s really SMALL!''

The setting is substantial, and I can''t decide if that makes the ring look more substantial or makes the diamond look smaller. Also, I can''t tell if it''s too hefty for my little paw.

FF really, really loves it (although I think he wishes he could get me a bigger stone... which he could if we got a plain gold band, but he says that''s too boring). And I wonder if I''m just NERVOUS that it be perfect, because it''s so much money.

Was anyone else really nervous, even though (or especially because) it wasn''t your money (ladies)?

Well, that and the fact that it really is NOTHING like I''d ever imagined I''d get.

I was really nervous. I knew that I was excited to have WF make my rings but it was hard because I had been so used to trying rings on in person and with this one, I couldn''t. The one thing that I thought about way too much was the width of the shank of my engagement ring and the wedding band. I had a dream one night that my ering was flattened out (it had that hammered look) and it was super wide. I have small hands and short fingers, and in my dream, I was appalled at how it looked.
7.gif
I wasn''t allowed to see the pics that WF sent until after we got engaged. I was so nervous about it. However, when I actually saw my ring when my FI proposed, the ring was perfect!

I saw the one you posted and it''s beautiful! It could be a lot of money for your boyfriend to spend it you''re not in love with it though.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was SOOOOO nervous!!! I think part of the hard part for me was thinking to myself "what if I make the wrong choice???" Since it''s something so sentimental it was hard for me to "spend" my fiance''s money without making sure it was THE ONE. I wavered over the decision for a few months, lost a lot of sleep over it, and my fiance finally forced me to just make a decision. Even though I have a ring that I ADORE now, I still look around and wonder "Did I get the right one???" So far my answer is a reassuring yes because I haven''t found anything else in our pricerange that I like more. But it still gives me a little anxiety from time to time.

I think that is completely normal, especially for such a big purchase.

It''s hard to pick something out that will mean so much and that your fiance will spend so much of their hard earned money on. Take a deep breath and you''ll eventually be able to figure out if you love it or not.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I thought the bulgari was a little clunky. I think you''d be better off with something a bit more ... timeless.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Trust me, 99% of men are appalled at how tiny something so expensive can be even if it''s 2ct!

I have had so many nightmares over my e-ring, I get to see it in 2 weeks time and I''m still slightly panicky. What if I don''t like it!!! What if it doesn''t fit? etc etc It''s normal not to be 100% sure I think

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK, the pics are posted over in SMTR:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bulgari-trauma-help-me-decide.62136/

Pleeeeeease go over and have a look and let me know what you honestly think!

And thanks for your honesty Indie Jones!

Honey just left for a work trip and won''t be back for THREE WEEKS. So I kind of have to decide on my own now. Although, for him the decision was already clear.

It''s important to him that he like the design too, and this one has some elements of personal significance for him so he''s growing attached to it. While you''re right that I can''t decide JUST on what makes HIM happy, it makes sense that it''s a factor, at least.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2007 3:07:43 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Yes indeed! I''m talking about the Bulgari. I do really, really love the setting, and the diamond is MUCH sparklier and fierier (FIERYER?!?) than I expected, given it''s 64% depth. But it didn''t help that the first thing FF said when we opened the box was ''WOW! It''s really SMALL!''

The setting is substantial, and I can''t decide if that makes the ring look more substantial or makes the diamond look smaller. Also, I can''t tell if it''s too hefty for my little paw.

FF really, really loves it (although I think he wishes he could get me a bigger stone... which he could if we got a plain gold band, but he says that''s too boring). And I wonder if I''m just NERVOUS that it be perfect, because it''s so much money.

Was anyone else really nervous, even though (or especially because) it wasn''t your money (ladies)?

Well, that and the fact that it really is NOTHING like I''d ever imagined I''d get.

that ring will HAVE to have a plain gold band...

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
where are the pics?? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results