shape
carat
color
clarity

i can''t believe the ring is all picked out!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
so we have been looking at rings since April...and now we have picked a diamond and finalized the design...I can''t believe it is finally happening!!!! (took so long because in the process we switched jewelers, also I couldn''t decide on a design...)

anyway here is the CAD rendering of the ring, and I will post a pic of the center diamond. The ring should take like 2-3 weeks to be made, and then it''s up to BF...

Ring2398 3D-1(2).jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
and here is a pic (magnified) of the center stone, it is 1.108 G VS2 square cushion H&A

cushionhastoneslg2.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Sooooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous diamond, I really can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well autumn its not as big as yours :) but yeah, i can''t believe the process is over! i can''t wait to see it either!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Wait till you see mine on my finger, I promise it doesn''t look big...its funny because I''m a thin girl...but I have FAT fingers..just wait.

I''m excited for you!!!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
lol, I don''t think a 2.5 ct can NOT look big!!!

what size fingers do you have? I am size 5 which is apparently large for PS

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:35:28 PM
Author: slg47

DITTO. 2.5ct is BIG!

my finger size is 4.25... somehow my 1ct H&A looks big on me.

I don''t think size 5 is big. I think the average is size 6

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I meant for PS, I feel like I keep reading about people with size 3 or 4!!!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:43:01 PM
I meant for PS, I feel like I keep reading about people with size 3 or 4!!!
really? I keep reading ppl about size 5-6 lol.

I saw a girl with size 2-2.5... omg.. I''m so jealous. 1ct will look like 2 cts then.
30.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
maybe I just remember those more :) the diamond looks so huge then!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
lol, I don't think a 2.5 ct can NOT look big!!!

I SWEAR! hhahah. No really, I swear. When I put the ring on in the jewelers SO and the jewelers agreed it didn't look enormous or anything. Looks just right on my finger and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. My mom agrees too haha.

I have 6.25 :) I called them sausage links.

I know people who have size 2.5 fingers...I'm like whaaaaaaat?!
23.gif

P.S. do we all see a pattern here that SO is very untraditional and backwards in some aspects?

Mom asked to see the ring, and he showed her.

I'm done threadjacking, sorry!

I'd be waiting for the package to arrive every single day like crazy

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 5:47:00 PM
Author: Autumnovember

I SWEAR! hhahah. No really, I swear. When I put the ring on in the jewelers SO and the jewelers agreed it didn''t look enormous or anything. Looks just right on my finger and doesn''t stick out like a sore thumb. My mom agrees too haha.

I have 6.25 :) I called them sausage links.

I know people who have size 2.5 fingers...I''m like whaaaaaaat?!
23.gif
I''m sure my bf wishes i have 2.5 fingers. Then he can get me a smaller diamond.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hmm...no...still will look huge :) :) :) it''s 2.5 carats!!!! i mean it won''t look the same as a 2.5 ct on a size 3...but...still quite sizable. and if you don''t think so, go try on a 0.5 ct for comparison :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I''ll have to wait and see what your opinion is :)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
P.S. do we all see a pattern here that SO is very untraditional and backwards in some aspects?

hahaha...when was this? recently?

I''m done threadjacking, sorry!

no worries!!!

I''d be waiting for the package to arrive every single day like crazy

actually they are FedExing it overnight but doing Hold for Pickup, so I won''t know when it comes in...and it won''t come to our apt. I want some aspect of this to be a surprise :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 6:04:43 PM

hahaha...when was this? recently?

I''m done threadjacking, sorry!

no worries!!!

I''d be waiting for the package to arrive every single day like crazy

actually they are FedExing it overnight but doing Hold for Pickup, so I won''t know when it comes in...and it won''t come to our apt. I want some aspect of this to be a surprise :)

Yep! Recently. After he asked my dad and asked for the ring, my mom was like "oh! May I see?
30.gif
"

And he showed her!
23.gif

It''s kind of all funny now, I really don''t care that my parents have seen the ring--I''m sort of glad they did considering they were getting worried as to why he''s been waiting so long and actually were kind of wondering if there even WAS a ring..hahah!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SLG--can''t wait to see the finished product, I really like the way it looks so far!

Um, I had no idea people considered size 6 and up "fat." I wear a 6.75 and I actually have very slender, long fingers. They most certainly are not "fat" in any way. AutumnNovember--you might want to think before you post things like that even if it is in reference to yourself.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 6:37:51 PM
Author: monarch64
SLG--can't wait to see the finished product, I really like the way it looks so far!

Um, I had no idea people considered size 6 and up 'fat.' I wear a 6.75 and I actually have very slender, long fingers. They most certainly are not 'fat' in any way. AutumnNovember--you might want to think before you post things like that even if it is in reference to yourself.

I wasn't really saying 6 was "fat" I was saying MY fingers are fat. MY fingers are by no means slender or thin, they're just thick/short and happen to be a 6.

I'm not being rude, but I think you're blowing this slightly out of proportion. Had I said "all size 6 fingers are fat".. then yes...offense should be taken.
20.gif

I offer my apologies when they're due.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
slg---Smart idea with the hold on pickup.

I remember waiting for the ring to be made...torture!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
actually I think that was BGDs idea.

also, I think PS skews people in thinking what realistic sized diamonds are and realistic sized fingers. for PS, 1 ct is small, and size 6 is on the big side of fingers. for the real world, 1 ct is rather sizable!!!! and a size 6 is on the smaller side of average.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 7:01:21 PM

also, I think PS skews people in thinking what realistic sized diamonds are and realistic sized fingers. for PS, 1 ct is small, and size 6 is on the big side of fingers. for the real world, 1 ct is rather sizable!!!! and a size 6 is on the smaller side of average.
I always think 1ct is big and I always wanted on. However, for PS, 1ct is SMALL.
32.gif
It''s ok, I''m living in the real world, so 1ct is still "big"
28.gif

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

I cannot agree anymore with you. Realistically, when you think about it...how many people do you know with diamonds over 1 ct.?

Thinking about my own experiences, all the people that I know that *are* engaged have diamonds between .75-1.00 ct.

I can''t say I ever thought 1 carat was small. I think it just all depends on your finger shape. A 1 carat can look huge on some peoples fingers. Even so, a 1ct can look beautiful on just about any hand.

Out of all of my friends, I have the second largest finger size. The rest are between 3-5. The largest is 7.5, yet her fingers don''t look "fat" by any means. Mine aren''t obese but they aren''t slender either.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2010 6:45:51 PM
Author: Autumnovember

Date: 6/30/2010 6:37:51 PM
Author: monarch64
SLG--can''t wait to see the finished product, I really like the way it looks so far!

Um, I had no idea people considered size 6 and up ''fat.'' I wear a 6.75 and I actually have very slender, long fingers. They most certainly are not ''fat'' in any way. AutumnNovember--you might want to think before you post things like that even if it is in reference to yourself.

I wasn''t really saying 6 was ''fat'' I was saying MY fingers are fat. MY fingers are by no means slender or thin, they''re just thick/short and happen to be a 6.

I''m not being rude, but I think you''re blowing this slightly out of proportion. Had I said ''all size 6 fingers are fat''.. then yes...offense should be taken.
20.gif

I offer my apologies when they''re due.
Sausage links isn''t a term used to mean thick or fat? Uh, ok.

I''m not blowing anything out of proportion, nor am I offended by your words. However, there are women and men of all shapes and sizes here, and calling your own 6.25 finger "fat" or referring to them as sausage links...I just thought it was a poor choice of words. Can''t we be kinder to ourselves?

By no means was I looking for an apology. Or an eyeroll emotie. I just felt the urge to state my opinion.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Okay...thats fine. And I feel the urge to call my fingers "sausage links"...I was saying that about MY finger specifically.

I've always called them that and I really have never had anybody ask me *not* to.

I really have not seen any hands on here that are not beautiful, and I would NEVER intentionally insinuate that a size 6 is fat on others. I'm not that type of person. Nor am I the type of person to EVER speak about someone else's shape or physical appearance.

4ever

Ideal_Rock

This needs to be a disclamer on PS I think.

I have to remind myself regularly when I get a bit carried away that although (very) small for PS, my ring is really BIG for where I live and although I feel like a GIANT on PS with a size 8 (*gasp*) ring ringer, it''s probably not THAT much bigger then average and I am much taller then average.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever yes! I totally agree with you!

sometimes I think I am getting DSS even BEFORE I have my ring!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
My one friend has a size 8 and I swear her fingers look much smaller then mine...I guess they''re just longer as opposed to my shorties.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
slg47,

OMG I can''t wait to see the final product! I hope he doesn''t wait too long til he proposes. I love pear sidestones, I think they give a wonderful amount of finger coverage. Your stone is really beautiful too!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ack!!!! now I am just waiting! the ring should be here in 2-3 weeks! I am going out of town July 31-Aug 18 so I wonder if he will do it before I leave or after I get back!????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results