shape
carat
color
clarity

I cannot possibly be the only plus size mother-to-be

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have been looking for maternity jeans for weeks now, wanting to price and find styles I like so that when I need them - which won''t be long, thanks to bloat! - I will know where to go. But all I am finding are jeans in sizes 0-14! Yeah, I have a big butt, excuuuuuse me. I guess that means I get stuck in yoga pants my whole pregnancy? No thanks!

I''m getting frustrated
29.gif

If there is anybody else out there that was above a size 14, where on EARTH did you shop? I am in the Southwest US.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Old Navy has maternity stuff (especially online) and Lane Bryant started a maternity section also. Hope that helps! (And NO I'M NOT PREGGERS
3.gif
)
1.gif

PS - Shoot ... Lane Bryant discontinued the line. But Old Navy has maternity jeans up to an 18 ...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I saw the Old Navy ones, thanks! I wish they had a maternity section in my local store so I can try them on, but if they have decent returns I may try it. Old Navy tends to fit me a little small, but at this point I will try anything!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
LOL thanks for the help either way!

And I hadn''t seen the JcPenney ones, yay! I love me some JcPenney. I''ll have to go take a peek next weekend and see how they fit.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Gap? I think both Old Navy and Gap, if you order online and it doesn''t fit, will let you return it to the store. I got some of my stuff at Motherhood Maternity. Where else..um..Sears and Target. I''m not sure about sizing tho. I did pretty much live in yoga pants when I was pg. Scrub pants too. If it had elastic or drawstring waist, I wore it.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 8:25:33 PM
Author: packrat
What about Gap? I think both Old Navy and Gap, if you order online and it doesn''t fit, will let you return it to the store. I got some of my stuff at Motherhood Maternity. Where else..um..Sears and Target. I''m not sure about sizing tho. I did pretty much live in yoga pants when I was pg. Scrub pants too. If it had elastic or drawstring waist, I wore it.

Gap tends to not fit me even when I am not PG - I generally wear an 18 - but Old Navy seems like a good choice. They have CUTE tops, too, which I think I won''t have as much of a problem with since I am smaller on my top half than my lower lol.

I''d be fine with yoga pants, except I am short, so they are always too long! Plus I want some cute jeans for casual fridays at work - as well as work pants. Nuts, I hadn''t thought about work pants until just now. Aye. JcPenney had some of those, though, I am so there next weekend.

Target runs too small, which is a bummer, since I LOVE Target. Maybe if I look in-store they will have more options than the online one shows.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dude, I hear ya about the short thing..I''m 5''1" on a good day! I think clothing manufacturers are under the impression that short people have legs that start at their necks, and no torso.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 8:38:10 PM
Dude, I hear ya about the short thing..I''m 5''1'' on a good day! I think clothing manufacturers are under the impression that short people have legs that start at their necks, and no torso.

Bwahaha, yes! Darn them. I am only an inch taller than you, and even though I am mostly leg, I don''t have THAT much!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
You can return Old Navy and Gap to the store. Gap used to do free shipping on maternity returns too, I''m not sure if they still do.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 8:44:26 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted

You can return Old Navy and Gap to the store. Gap used to do free shipping on maternity returns too, I''m not sure if they still do.

Awesome, I will research and find out. If they do, I will try some of their jeans - they sure look cute.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 8:33:56 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 9/13/2009 8:30:53 PM
Author: vespergirl
I love the jeans from Motherhood Maternity:

http://www.motherhood.com/maternity/plus-size-maternity-jeans.asp

Ooohh, cute! I think we have one of those in the mall. Yay!

Jeez I must not have been looking very hard - or maybe you ladies search better than me lol.
I bought these ,and their dress pants too. I was only plus sized in pants and this was the ONLY place that had anything I could wear. Worked a charm! Get your regular size, they have lots of stretch and are made to fit as you gain weight. I wore them the whole time despite going up about 2 pant sizes.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Whatever you do, don''t go looking for work pants
38.gif
. I found that motherhood''s jeans fit well and their sizes are large, xl, xxl.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I wore maternity tops from Old Navy and jeans and pants from JCP online. The Old Navy didn''t wear well, but the JCP went through my pregnancy and my sis''s and still look like new.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 10:38:43 PM
Author: fiery
Whatever you do, don''t go looking for work pants
38.gif
. I found that motherhood''s jeans fit well and their sizes are large, xl, xxl.

Not at Motherhood? JcPenney has some that look cute - if I want to be lazy I suppose I could always buy one of those Bella Bands for my work pants and just leave them unbuttoned, but it seems like I would just fuss with it all day.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry MP. I know how you feel. I have a problem but in the boob area. I think that you should check out Motherhood. Their sizes run a little larger. I usually wear a large and I fit into a medium there and I believe that they carry plus sizes too! Good Luck & also check out JCpenney!
13.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used the Bella bands every day with Trapper. There''s enough spandex in them to feel like there''s some support, plus it really helps smooth you out for shirts. I tugged at them at times..after sitting down, sometimes it would roll up a little, but nothing that was super irritating. It also helped hide my totally out of control belly button under the thin tight maternity shirts.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Google plus-sized maternity clothing...lots of links pop up.

Also, Target has a good line that is pretty cheap.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Motherhood is great---they have an entire plus size line also.

I normally wear a 12/14. But I found that places like Kohl''s ran really small (Shirt wise).

I didn''t have any problem finding jeans and work pants at Motherhood.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
motherhood has the BEST mat jeans out there imo....still wear them 5months pp and will continue to do so ..prolly forever
3.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love how stretchy the Motherhood work pants are. Usually I need "curvy fit" pants (like I''m going to find those in maternity, right?), but their pants have so much stretch that the hips/thighs aren''t an issue. I''m wearing my Motherhood work pants right now, and if they weren''t comfy, I''d definitely have changed when I got home!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results