shape
carat
color
clarity

I bugged you guys so here''s some housewarmings pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone, Some of you may remember my posts about my housewarming party.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/twin-brother-or-best-friend-housewarming-update-and-feedback-requested.129022/

Well, it finally came and it was terrific! Most of my nearest and dearest friends came and we had a blast. My theme was "Harvest Spanish" and I served tapas in the form of meat and chicken skewers, deviled eggs, a large cheese ball, a nacho bar and Sangria.

Thank you to everyone here for being so patient with me and weighing in with me when I needed it.

The invitation with teasers pictures of my new place:

housewarminginvitaationthreeflat2forps2 copy.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The spread:

diningab.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
ugh, I''m going to need to resize, will be back.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Lets try that again...

fixeds3.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
A closeup:

fixedcloseup.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The cheese ball that was supposed to be in the shape of a pumpkin but didn''t quite get there:

closeupd.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The nacho bar:

nachofuixed.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The Sangria that I got drunk on for at least a week before because I tried so many recipes.

fixedsanfgria.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I dressed up my stairs but the decorations look a little wimpy. Will need to beef them up over the years we spend here.

fixedstais.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I threw in my husbands project which happened because he tried to give himself a light for the grill. It'' not the most refined, but I love what he did with the lights anyways. We sure have a lot of work to do out there!

fixedoutdooors.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
And I debuted my first real prototype design for my living room(in my fancy new program I learned). All the furniture has been selected and will stay but the fabric selection on the furniture and the painting might not.

fixedgreen.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Once again, thank you for all your help!
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything looks great, and I''m glad the housewarming party was a hit!
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmmm nacho bar....

Looks fantastic!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! Love the prototype design of your living room, looks fantastic. Also...care to share your final sangria recipe?
31.gif
Or...I''ll try them all...hahaha!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything looked great for the party, you did a wonderful job with the table, looks top-notch! And your new home is lovely, congrats! Love the prototype as well, and FWIW I really like the fabric!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 3:19:47 AM
Author: heraanderson
The Sangria that I got drunk on for at least a week before because I tried so many recipes.
now that''s funny!

mz

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great!
What kind of plates do you have(in the picture with the nacho bar?) It looks similar to my plates, but I''m sure yours are nicer!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 10:52:54 AM
Author: monarch64
Awesome! Love the prototype design of your living room, looks fantastic. Also...care to share your final sangria recipe?
31.gif
Or...I''ll try them all...hahaha!

I used this recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sangria-Sangria/Detail.aspx

It was kind of a failed experiment, though, because mine came out a little bitter(too much triple sec?). It was long drawn out process because I made about 20 little petri dishes with different ingredients to find the perfect combination of fruity, but not too sweet. When I went to make the huge serving, something got lost in the translation. I probably could have added some sugary elements to balance the flavor a little more but I was worried it would get too sweet and I was already drunk from all the testing the day of the party. What I did love, though, was the addition of brandy, because it really made the flavors more complex. Everyone said they loved it but it could have been that they were tipsy!
Anyways, my search for the perfect sangria is not over! It has just begun!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 1:15:09 AM
Author: pinkstars
I think it looks great!

What kind of plates do you have(in the picture with the nacho bar?) It looks similar to my plates, but I''m sure yours are nicer!

Thank you! The dishes are from Pottery Barn about 5 years ago and I believe they have bar ingredients on them.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice compliments!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results