shape
carat
color
clarity

I Bought Another Diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Deb, NICE choice! That stone is going to be beautifully showcased in the Bellerina setting.

I''ve seen that setting in person, and it''s fluid and gorgeous! It''s on my wishlist too!

36.gif
Enjoy!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2007 10:55:52 AM
Author: aljdewey

Deb, NICE choice! That stone is going to be beautifully showcased in the Bellerina setting.

I've seen that setting in person, and it's fluid and gorgeous! It's on my wishlist too!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Al. I respect your opinion. I did not know that the bellerina was on your wishlist, but I have to tell you that I have seen it on your neck and it looked mighty fine there, too! KT showed us (here) how her custom-made bellerina with the stone of over 1 carat looked on you. In fact, that was probably the deciding factor in making me decide to take the plunge. That neck shot was gorgeous!

Deb
34.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
36.gif
I identify with you because you are not just into diamonds but also other wonderfully luscious jewlery like high carat bangles, gemstones, etc.
But certain items like a diamond pendant and diamond earrings, are such classics they work for everyone. WF diamond pendant, diamond earrings are on my wish list too! I can''t imagine anyone taking that stone out of that beautiful setting, but I also agree (since I will buy few diamonds in my lifetime) it''s worthwhile to go ahead and make them a higher quality so they can be reused or handed down for something else.
On another tangent...Me personally, at a certain quality level, diamonds and czs look very alike. That is, a good CLEAN cz and decent diamond look pretty similar to me. However it''s only at the extreme end (top 5%) that an extremely well cut high quality diamond does look qualitatively different (better) than a cz; it''s steelyish grey, feeling of depth, sharp contrast in the facets, and shoots off intense flashes that can be seen across the room. So I personally feel might as well shoot for that area if spending the money on a diamond. Who knows, maybe I''m fooling myself; but that''s my story and I''m sticking to it!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, that stone quality is through the moon. Good for you!!! It will be so beautiful in the pendant setting and I think you are very smart to buy with an eye to the long run. It''s hard to go wrong when you are buying top quality!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up my bellerina pendant today. I rushed to try it on and I rushed to take a neck shot. The quality of the photo is hideous. My hands were shaking from the weight of the camera. I don''t have time to be doing this, but I couldn''t resist. Probably all you will be able to see is a shiny, silver thing on a bale. My first impression was that the stone was huge!!! I don''t know why I expected a 3/4 carat stone to be so small, but seeing my stone inside the platinum...well it looked huge! And my other car is a Mercedes Benz. No, really. We never had fancy cars. We now have a Honda and a Jeep. But my other pendant is over 2 carats. That''s why it is a pendant! Because I felt it was too big to wear as a ring! I was uncomfortable with something that big on my hand! At any rate, I have to rush to pick up a child. I love this.

Deborah
34.gif

FirstAttemptNeckShot.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Gorgeous!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that really does look huge - I also really like the chain that it is on - subtle without taking away from the stone!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m so happy for you - and THAT is a killer stone - with outrageous specs!!

36.gif
congrats
36.gif

Judging by that blury picture - I"ll be checking back to this thread first thing in th morning with my sunglasses!
emsmiled.gif

Holy Cannolly!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. What an awesome stone! Lovely choice for setting it! Can''t wait to see more pics.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Looks really GREAT Deb! Congrats
36.gif

Did you have them make the bail large enough so you can change the chains?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2007 4:11:49 PM
Author: KtIceRN

Did you have them make the bail large enough so you can change the chains?

I asked them to make it large enough, KT. I was trying to learn everything I could from those who had gone before me ;-). Thanks for setting an example for a stone with a bail. I wish I could have had a stone as big as yours...but I couldn't given that I wanted the other specs that I did. It's always about choices with diamonds...unless you are Elizabeth-R or Elizabeth Taylor!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looks pretty sweet; a clearer picture for my old eyes would be welcome....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t help but love it, Deb!
30.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Deb it''s gorgeous!!
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could stay out of these threads..... I keep seeing things that I simply must have!!!!

Its beautiful, well done!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, looks great Deb!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful deb...love it!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, I can already see how beautiful it is, even from the blurry picture. YAY!!!
30.gif
36.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
More pics, please
17.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
EEEK! It looks GORGEOUS! We need more pictures, please please please!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful! The picture is blurry but I like how it is throwing off colored flashes in the picture.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh you tease! You post a blurry ball of goodness and take off?!
11.gif

tapping.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results