shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought a Bellataire 1.09CT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chuffaker

Rough_Rock
Alright, the Ideal cuts at Jerad were scaring me a little bit with their to-good-to-be-true prices.. So I went to my regular diamond retailer.

I purchased a 1.09CT F, VS1. Very Good Polish, and Excellent Sym.

What do you all think I should have paid for it? I wanna see what you all say...

The diamond looks so pure it almost looks fake. Has a beautiful blue hue to it, but has no floresence. Have a call into Bellataire to see if the diamond had any trace of boron... Which would make it a Type IIb diamond?

What do you all think of this?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It will not be a IIb if it is a Bellataire. Those are not IIb types. Bellataires are diamonds that were mined and came out brown color and were altered by an HTHP process into being colorless. The end result is permanent and the value is pretty much the same as a non-HTHP enhanced (treated) diamond.

If I''m correct, all Bellataires are type IIa types.

chuffaker

Rough_Rock
That is what my sales lady told me, but I was just curious because of the blue tint I was seeing in the store. But my fiance was wearing a teal shirt as well now that I remember.

We never got to see the diamond outside, but everywhere else it was just beautiful. So we''ll see when we get it this coming Friday.. I can''t wait to see it in the mount..

What do you think the long term value on these Bellataire''s will be?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 4:59:07 PM
Author: chuffaker

What do you think the long term value on these Bellataire's will be?

If I am reading Old Miner's post correctly, he doesn't think the stone you have is a Bellataire.
33.gif

Have you taken it or are you planning on taking it to an independant appraiser to verify your purchase?

chuffaker

Rough_Rock
It is a Bellataire.. It''s inscribed, and certed by GIA. I just got off the phone with Bellataire themselves, and they easily tracked the stone down to where I purchased it from..

It is a confirmed Type IIa diamond. I am amazed that the lady at Bellataire was able to track this diamond within seconds and tell me about it. Very helpful lady.

Can''t wait to get the diamond..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah, ok, in your first post you said the stone was a llb..

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bellataires have a factory authorized laser girdle inscription. Most are fancy shapes, like pear shape or oval, etc, and not round. I suppose therre are some rounds, too.

I have no reasson to doubt it is a Bellataire from anything that the customer has said here. I would not read that into what I ahve commented so far. I just sort of doubt an actual blue body color exists. NO ONE would treat a blue diamond to any other color. It would lose considerable value.

As far as Bellataire''s holding value, I suppose they will be similar to a regular diamond of the same color. Certainly not better and quite possibly a bit less desireable over the long run. In truth, not enough to base a decision on.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for clarifying Oldminer..between the orignal post and your first one..I apparently was the only one confused, which happens to me often enough
2.gif

chuffaker: congrats on your new stone
1.gif

chuffaker

Rough_Rock
Thanks all..

I am actually trying to find out the starting color of the stone when it was brought to the surface.. I found out that this is possible just by digging deeper for more information on the stone. It''s just simply fascinating to me. So far some of the jewelers I have talked to have nothing negative to say about the Bellataire, so that makes me happy and some have said the price I paid sounds like a good price for one.

I am finding that higher clarity is more common in under 1 CT weights. It is a round stone as well, so it makes it even more rare to come from Bellataire, when most their diamonds are fancy shapes.

Also, any comments on Lasar Kaplan cut diamonds would be greatly appreciated. Never really researched them, how are they??

Thanks..

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean Lazare Kaplan? As far as I have seen, they are beautifully cut stones and were one of the first ones to brand their ideal cut diamonds. http://www.lazarediamonds.com/

I can''t wait to see your stone. Make sure you post lots of pictures!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results