shape
carat
color
clarity

I blame TL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''ve been so envious of her great Spess collection, especially the latest one, so I''ve been looking for my own spess. Now this one is smaller and skinner than her glorious stone but my first spess!

pcgspess.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice! Details, please!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My only reservation is the trillion shape. I've never really been a big fan of it and I would've LOVED it if this was a cushion or something similar. Another spess I was very close to purchasing was this one, vendor photo was a lot yellower but when I received additional pictures I really liked it. Did I make the right decision, or should I still consider this one instead? I'm so indecisive!

This one is smaller though at 8.4mm, and costs a little more.

e.t.a: Yikes, sorry for the large photo!
6.gif

spess01.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2009 10:45:53 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Very nice! Details, please!
Thanks
1.gif
It''s a 10mm trillion cut by Gene, from the same parcel TL''s spess came from. Having seen TL''s photos, I''m beyond excited to see this in person.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi babyblue! How terrific that you got that stone! I saw it last night, but the trillion shape is what held me back - guess I'm kind of like you in that regard. I keep looking at both stones (I love cushions too!) and can't decide which I like better. I can't wait to see your pics of Gene's stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2009 10:44:21 AM
Author:Babyblue033
I''ve been so envious of her great Spess collection, especially the latest one, so I''ve been looking for my own spess. Now this one is smaller and skinner than her glorious stone but my first spess!
That''s a pretty stone. Please take lots of pics when you get it. I''m done with all my spessartite shopping for the next millenia, so I have to live vicariously through other spessartite owners'' collections.
31.gif

Glad to be the cause of your blame - LOL!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty spess! I'm really interested in how the triangular cuts will look IRL. Have a feeling it's going to be very, very bright!

ETA: I place my addiction solely on TL, also!!
emotion-5.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seriously TL, before seeing all the gorgeous spess everyone has here I never thought I liked orange stones at all! I used to secretely think to myself what all the fuss was about
20.gif
9.gif
Then I realized I actually really liked spess with a bit more yellow in them and then after seeing yours I was totally hooked.

Gene actually said that trillion gives the brightest stones with least extinction so it would be very interesting to see it in person. I guess it''s not a popular shape though and might be difficult to find a setting for it?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice looking Spess! I think the trillion is a different cool look.

I know that Stuller has stock settings for Trillions. I''ve seen a couple trillions I''ve liked and so I explored setting options.

HTH

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ST thanks for the tip! I''m off to look at Stuller for some ideas!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have several trillions waiting to be set. They are gorgeous, but hard to design a setting for. In my mind, they look best as pendants. I am training myself out of buying them, though.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 3:38:18 PM
Author: Babyblue033

Gene actually said that trillion gives the brightest stones with least extinction so it would be very interesting to see it in person. I guess it''s not a popular shape though and might be difficult to find a setting for it?

That is very interesting! I don''t find the shape of trillions unappealing, it''s more that the settings that seem difficult. Keep us updated on your search.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2009 2:24:09 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I have several trillions waiting to be set. They are gorgeous, but hard to design a setting for. In my mind, they look best as pendants. I am training myself out of buying them, though.
Yeah normally shape alone will turn me away but after drooling over TL''s trillion I didn''t want to regret missing out on it. I think it would look great as a pendant, but I just don''t enjoy it as much and don''t want my only spess to be seen by everyone else but me. I already have 2 and that''s 1 too many for me
2.gif

I''m looking for some ideas, possibly a custom design by Julia? Maybe add a few small stones to make an interesting design.

Or, I can still consider the cushion I posted above...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty spessartite.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My issue with trillions is the lack of setting options. I know who the vendor for the second stone is too. The colour for both are pretty close and they both have inclusions. Unfortunately, the only way to compare the 2 accurately is to have both in hand but I know that it’s not possible.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely stone!!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely!!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Trillions are very cute/striking in a pendant.

I have a few trillion pendants and get lots of compliments on them.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2009 8:47:40 AM
Author: Chrono
My issue with trillions is the lack of setting options. I know who the vendor for the second stone is too. The colour for both are pretty close and they both have inclusions. Unfortunately, the only way to compare the 2 accurately is to have both in hand but I know that it’s not possible.
I really wish I could, I know it''s impossible to show some stone in photos and there''s nothing like seeing them in person. Unfortunately the shipping from the other vendor is deterring me from getting it in case I end up sending it back
14.gif

I''m going to wait for Gene''s spess and see how I react to it. If the stone wows me that may be enough regardless of its shape
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BabyBlue,
Any updates on this? Did you get the stone?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 8:47:40 AM
Author: Chrono

yup, what I was going to say.

Sorry to say so BB, but trillion is I think one of the only cuts I wouldn''t buy (seems like I''m not alone - on a sidenote I wonder why?).
33.gif

Of course, the colour and faceting will be gorgeous on Gene''s stone - but I wonder will you be happy with the shape?

If it were me, seeing as both seem very similar in colour, I think this is a time when you really need to order both and decide in person (and perhaps look around for trilliant setting options in the meantime?)..

Good luck with your decision, they''re both pretty and also the type of colour spess that I prefer
5.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think a trillion would be great for a pendant, much like a pear shape. At least, that''s what I would do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results