shape
carat
color
clarity

I applaud you vendors...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been selling a couple of my stones I am not in love with, and it is absolutely exausting. It really gives me a new appreciation for what vendors go through to sell their goods. The amount of work done, for the small profit made...these people deserve a metal.

So this thread is to you gemstone vendors of the world!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of our vendors also source and cut their own stones which make things more tedious and difficult I think.
RockHugger - did you sell many?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have sold about 15 stones so far. But the good thing is I got a pair of 1ct diamond earrings from my profits. So it has its rewards...but I dont think I could do this as a full time income LOL.

I couldnt imagine adding cutting and sourcing to the list. I would prolly get frustrated and throw the stones in the trash LOL.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 8:28:16 PM
Author:RockHugger
I have been selling a couple of my stones I am not in love with, and it is absolutely exausting. It really gives me a new appreciation for what vendors go through to sell their goods. The amount of work done, for the small profit made...these people deserve a metal.

Medal.

Metal is what the mountings are made of.
28.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the work for a vendor I would imagine surrounds building a good reputation. That''s why Tiffany can sell things for so much more than other sources. I know when I sell a precision cut gem by one of the favored lapidaries here, it will often sell because people know of them and their reputation.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2010 9:56:27 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Most of the work for a vendor I would imagine surrounds building a good reputation. That''s why Tiffany can sell things for so much more than other sources. I know when I sell a precision cut gem by one of the favored lapidaries here, it will often sell because people know of them and their reputation.
1.gif
Building a good reputation takes a lot of time, effort and patience. Of course, pretty and accurate pictures help a lot too.
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2010 10:00:22 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 3/8/2010 9:56:27 PM
1.gif
Building a good reputation takes a lot of time, effort and patience. Of course, pretty and accurate pictures help a lot too.
9.gif
. . . and good customer service too!! I always say that a seller''s best advertising is excellent customer service.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2010 9:23:36 PM
Author: Upgradable

Medal.

Metal is what the mountings are made of.
28.gif
HAHA yeah...medal. LOL. Sorry, exausted moment. I have been busting my butt all day with my classes and trying to take decent pics. I sent out something that had the word calibrated in it, and I spelt it calebrated. I have used that word a million times but somehow it typed wrong. No, I dont smoke...that burnt smell is my brain.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Rockhugger,
what stones are you selling and how are you selling them? Locally? Internet/ebay? on Consignment?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2010 10:25:00 PM
Author: MAC-W

Hi Rockhugger,
what stones are you selling and how are you selling them? Locally? Internet/ebay? on Consignment?
The bay. I have sold a couple cuprian tourmalines, some 2point loose diamonds, and a couple sapphires. Sadly though, not everyone leaves feedback even though they send me an e-mail saying they are super happy. Ah well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could send the buying party an email with the invoice that if they are happy to leave feedback. Sometimes people need reminders. I know all the sellers I deal with give me these "feedback reminders." On ebay, feedback is very important for reputation and garnering that "Top Seller" award icon.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2010 8:00:14 AM
You could send the buying party an email with the invoice that if they are happy to leave feedback. Sometimes people need reminders. I know all the sellers I deal with give me these ''feedback reminders.'' On ebay, feedback is very important for reputation and garnering that ''Top Seller'' award icon.
I did that, and thats when they sent me the "I am happy with it" e-mail. I also send a nice letter with the stone reminding them to leave positive feedback if they are happy, along with a 5% off coupon code for the next purchase through me. I might have to start taking a cross country tour and knocking on doors to remind them LOL j/k.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5% coupon code is a good idea. So far no one has sent me any! (Hey, Amethystguy, where is my coupon? I richly deserve it!).

And honestly, I always try to leave positive feedback except for situations (and it has happened) when it takes 45 days for the package to arrive from Thailand. Can not blame the sellers, though, it is probably the mailing system.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt I shall ever open my store because it takes so much time to stay on top of it, but if I do, how should I name it? RockShrink? ShrinkRocks? MentalMetal? GemZap? Or just Cuckoo Diamonds?

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Hi RH,

are you comfortable to share your ebay site? (if you're not, I understand - it is a big ask [:Blush])

I promise if you share and I buy something, I will leave nice feedback
1.gif
(I cant imagine that any stone you sell would deserve anything less than good feedback)

MAC

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/10/2010 8:04:59 AM
Author: MAC-W
Hi RH,

are you comfortable to share your ebay site? (if you''re not, I understand - it is a big ask [:Blush])

I promise if you share and I buy something, I will leave nice feedback
1.gif
(I cant imagine that any stone you sell would deserve anything less than good feedback)

MAC
I am not sure if that is allowed on here. Anyone know? I dont want to get in trouble.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2010 8:43:02 AM
Author: RockHugger
I am not sure if that is allowed on here. Anyone know? I dont want to get in trouble.
RockHugger,
I think that question is best asked of the PS moderators via the “Report Concern” function.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah I dont want to be accused of advertising, and I think putting my bay name on here would do that.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
There is no advertising, self-promotion, or personal contact information allowed on Pricescope as mentioned in our forum policies. We do consider posting ebay id''s or other ways to subtly contact someone off the website to fall under this category.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you ella! Sorry Mac :(.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
no worries RH. I had forgotten about the ''no personal contact info'' rule
emembarrassed.gif
. I''ll go stand in the corner for a while.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I sometimes would browse a list of ebay stores and have luck in finding good vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results