shape
carat
color
clarity

I am so incredibly greatful this is a new week.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
The last two weeks have been very, very productive and I have officially terminated my slacker/quitter status. It was really bothering me that there were so many unfinished projects in the house and that I have let go of so many things that I love to do. I went on a self-improvement bent and just made myself complete some of those projects (or at least I broke the projects into pieces as several friends here suggested, and completed those big pieces).

I got the boys'' bathroom paper removed and painted the ceiling and walls. I got a new shower rod/curtain & liner and window curtains and hung them and steamed them. I did all the work in there, including taking down and re-hanging the mirror and towel bar, although my husband took out the toilet and put it back in for me. I still need to paint the cabinets and window, but I want to wait until cooler weather so I can make sure the window doesn''t stick shut. It is totally cleaned up and thoroughly scrubbed -- next weekend hubby will install the quarter round against the baseboards.

I also got the walls of our dressing room painted and painted the cabinets. I got new mirrors and cabinet hardware and installed them. Thursday was also my husband''s birthday so I did end up getting him the LCD TV for the bedroom.

This next week I will thoroughly clean our bedroom/dressing area and get it organized with the new storage unit and entertainment goodies and get all the work equipment and supplies put away and get the kids ready for school starting (haircuts and such). This week is going to be much easier! (I HOPE!)

During all that we had numerous setbacks, including getting stranded in very hot weather because my key would not turn in the ignition, calling my sister and mom and getting picked up (and boy did they come through -- they loaned me one of their vehicles even for our lake trip this weekend!), a stopped up sink (tree roots), and a short trip to the lake.

Thanks to everyone who gave encouragement and suggestions to help me make myself get things done. I now KNOW I can if I put my mind and stubbornness to the task.
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you've had such productive two weeks...I was too...until I learned everything you accomplished!!

Now I realize I am pathetic, lazy, good for nothing, bum.

Again so happy you are looking forward to more...I will now crawl into a hole and disappear.

DKS

Just kidding!!
2.gif
Good Job Girlie!
36.gif
You've got it!
36.gif
You go girlfriend!!
36.gif
Woo Hoo!!!
36.gif
You ROCK!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you, Lumpkin! I bet you feel SO much better now!!!
36.gif

DKS, I''ll crawl in the hole with you, I''ve been a bum about getting things done the past month or so aside from the usual cleaning chores. My excuse is that it''s too damn hot.
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, don''t crawl into that whole yet! In order to accomplish all this, the kids watched an inordinate amount of TV and played video games, ate McDonald''s for dinner and TV dinners for lunch, the laundry piled up and there''s no milk, juice or anything else with an expiration date in the refrigerator. Whenever one thing is being done, something else isn''t, and the fact is, I had let this stuff slide for soooooooo long. It was bad.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Lumpkin, kudos friend!
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skippy!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2007 8:29:39 PM
Author: lumpkin
Oh, don''t crawl into that whole yet! In order to accomplish all this, the kids watched an inordinate amount of TV and played video games, ate McDonald''s for dinner and TV dinners for lunch, the laundry piled up and there''s no milk, juice or anything else with an expiration date in the refrigerator. Whenever one thing is being done, something else isn''t, and the fact is, I had let this stuff slide for soooooooo long. It was bad.
So true. BUT I am in awe of all you got done. Good luck this next week. I should join you and clean up our bedroom.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lumpkin...you are so thougtful to include the undone things...you did it to make the rest of us feel better. You are a sweetie! But we still think you rock...so the kids drink a little spoiled milk...
2.gif

DKS

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2007 8:37:00 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Oh Lumpkin...you are so thougtful to include the undone things...you did it to make the rest of us feel better. You are a sweetie! But we still think you rock...so the kids drink a little spoiled milk...
2.gif

DKS
Heeeheee. No, they didn''t drink the spoiled milk, but it''s still in the fridge. Hubby just now cleared the drain and I probably should go clean out the fridge, but I''m not going to do it tonight. I forgot to mention that it looks like the legos containers threw up all over the family room and play room. All the toys have chairs and 2/3 of the sofa is covered so we can''t sit down in there until it''s cleared up. Don''t ask about the kitchen table, LOL! But thank you. I''m glad you guys think I rock.
16.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! I am IMPRESSED with what you accomplished! I''m sure it''s a great feeling. Now, go do some food shopping, would ya?
3.gif

Zoe

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure my family would appreciate that!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, can you come to MY house?!

Jk, but not really.

My house is a disaster and I told myself I would get soooo much done while the big kids were at camp, but no, I was at the beach most of the time and just plain lazy otherwise! You are making me feel so ashamed of myself...

think I will go lie on the couch to contemplate it all....
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2007 11:20:52 PM
Author: diamondfan
Wow, can you come to MY house?!

Jk, but not really.

My house is a disaster and I told myself I would get soooo much done while the big kids were at camp, but no, I was at the beach most of the time and just plain lazy otherwise! You are making me feel so ashamed of myself...

think I will go lie on the couch to contemplate it all....
2.gif
Oh, I hope not! I''ll bet your idea of a disaster and mine are different, DF! We''ve been living in our house for 15 years. Before we had kids and I was working we used to do a lot to our house because we bought a fixer upper. Well, once the first baby came along nearly 10 years ago, we haven''t done much of anything, and we weren''t nearly finished. And being at home all the time it was very depressing looking at it. I have been feeling very much the slacker and quitter. I''m making up for lost time! I''m not trying to outdo anyone, honestly. I think I just needed a little external validation because I''m not getting it from my husband and kids. They don''t care as long as I feed them and they have clean underwear, LOL!

I think I need to get a JOB!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, my house is an endless mess. Things get placed on counters and never leave there, and I always feel as if I am reorganizing, tossing things out, moving things, to no avail. I am always in the kids drawers sorting who needs what, what fits, what does not, making lists, refolding, making piles of what stays and what gets donated...and my floor next to my bed is a mess too, with magazines and books all partially read and I do not feel like looking at them...ugh...my desk is covered from one end to the other with receipts and crap that I am not sure whether or not to toss...I am a pack rat too which does not help...

you are amazing for actually getting to the stuff you said you would...I am tempted to hire one of those organizer people but will wait til I move, so I can combine it with the big toss out!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I know how that is DF, I''m in the same boat. We just have so much CRAP! I''ve threatened to have a dumpster put in the driveway and just start tossing, because most of the stuff isn''t even mine. And our desk needs reorganizing, too. I keep buying stamps to pay the 2 bills a month I can''t pay on line. The next month comes and I can''t find them anywhere so I have to buy more.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I am the crap queen, both at school and here at home! I am so impressed you got so much done, and I agree that you have to let go of some of the everyday things to get down to the nitty-gritty of the things you''ve been putting off. I usually just shift things from one pile to another and pretend I''ve accomplished something, but that just really hasn''t been working out for me lately!

I took on a new grade level for this new school year, and mistakenly allowed the teacher I am replacing to "give" me all of her stuff as she had to completely clear out her classroom. Now, keep in mind that my classroom was already overflowing with a ton of useful learning tools (along with some junk), and apparently she has the same pat-rack tendencies that I do, doubling the amount of crap in my room. So, school starts Tuesday, I get to sit in a welcome back meeting all day tomorrow, and I have absolutely NOTHING to show for the past two months I''ve had off but my new big ''ol honker on my finger, which, I must admit, has played a huge part in my accomplishing jack squat this summer. You know, the whole ''Deer in the headlights'' look that some of us get when we stare at our new bling...not to mention all of the destination wedding research I''ve been trying to do this past month, and worrying about when I was actually going to get it the whole month before that, well, as you can imagine, I have gotten ABSOLUTELY nowhere...

So now I guess I''ll go beat myself with a wet noodle while banging my head on my desk and then try to get some sleep...worrying about everything I DIDN''T get done will probably keep me up half the night, though! Hee hee hee!

Kudos on a job well done! Now go buy your kids some fresh milk, will ya?
9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Harleigh, I feel your pain! It's much harder when other people add to your pile. As the youngest in our families, we often have gotten help in the form of extra furniture, mattresses, and household goods, which is wonderful when the stuff is in good shape and we actually need it, but often I think we're just a bit of a dumping ground. They feel bad about getting rid of something if they think someone in the family might ever really need it. For a long time my husband and I got this stuff on a regular basis. My sister still gives me a ton of clothes, and often I don't want them and have even said, "I really don't need any more clothes. My closet is over flowing." She'll say, "Well, you need some new things. Get rid of what's in your closet!" I WANT to say, "Yes I do need new things. The key word being NEW!" But I don't. Our families do mean well. I just donate the stuff unless it's something I know they'll eventually want back, in which case I wait a month and say, "We really aren't using this and I don't think we're going to, and it's nice so I know you'll want it back."
9.gif

BTW, when does school start for you, Harleigh? ETA: OH DER! You said Tuesday! Yikes! Maybe you can get someone to help you sort through it (I'd help if I were there! I'm really good at tossing OTHER people's excess stuff, LOL!)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 9:04:43 AM
Oh, Harleigh, I feel your pain! It''s much harder when other people add to your pile. As the youngest in our families, we often have gotten help in the form of extra furniture, mattresses, and household goods, which is wonderful when the stuff is in good shape and we actually need it, but often I think we''re just a bit of a dumping ground. They feel bad about getting rid of something if they think someone in the family might ever really need it. For a long time my husband and I got this stuff on a regular basis. My sister still gives me a ton of clothes, and often I don''t want them and have even said, ''I really don''t need any more clothes. My closet is over flowing.'' She''ll say, ''Well, you need some new things. Get rid of what''s in your closet!'' I WANT to say, ''Yes I do need new things. The key word being NEW!'' But I don''t. Our families do mean well. I just donate the stuff unless it''s something I know they''ll eventually want back, in which case I wait a month and say, ''We really aren''t using this and I don''t think we''re going to, and it''s nice so I know you''ll want it back.''
9.gif

BTW, when does school start for you, Harleigh? ETA: OH DER! You said Tuesday! Yikes! Maybe you can get someone to help you sort through it (I''d help if I were there! I''m really good at tossing OTHER people''s excess stuff, LOL!)
Oh my gosh, that made me chuckle! My mom is forever dumping stuff on me, most of which she picked up at a thrift store, "Just in case I could use it!" She is the reason I have so much stuff...she taught me how to buy cheap, never pass up a deal, and well, free is free! My poor house and classroom suffers the consequences, I''m afraid! And sadly, I am MUCH better at going through OTHER people''s stuff, as well...it''s just my own I have a problem with! My mom is what I think is termed an "Indian Giver," and I do not say that to mean offense to anyone, that''s just what we''ve labeled my mom...she always gives me something and then decides she "might" want it back. I think she does this so that I can''t donate anything she gives me...like you, I''ve learned to say that though I appreciate it, it''s really not something I can use or actually need, so I offer it back to her to donate. It really becomes a vicious circle, and now that I am having to contemplate combining households within the next year, I am even more overwhelmed!

Yep, I am sitting at my desk in my messy classroom right now, eating my Carl''s Jr. breakfast...our back-to-school meeting begins in about 14 minutes. Unfortunately, I have to leave right after my meeting breaks for lunch and race my new ring over to the jeweler''s to get a plot redone on my appraisal...the darling gemologist "accidentally" left it off and my insurance company has given me 30 days to get that to them...argh! SO, of course that means I will miss the catered lunch and any extra time I would have to work in my room at that time, but if I don''t take it in today, I would have to drop it off tomorrow night and wouldn''t be able to pick it up until Wednesday after a staff meeting, which usually goes until about 4:30 or 5 PM, so with traffic, I might not make it, and then wouldn''t have it back until Thursday. I swear that I have had to take this ring in for more reasons than I care to count, and I honestly think it''s been with them at least as much as it''s been on my finger!

Thanks for your offer of help...how I wish you were here! And no, I wouldn''t ask any of the other teacher''s to help me...they stay away all summer and plan to get everything accomplished today, so they are also running around like chickens w/their heads cut off! I''ll figure out something...I always do!
9.gif

Have a great day!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 10:51:52 AM
Author: Harleigh

Date: 8/13/2007 9:04:43 AM
Oh, Harleigh, I feel your pain! It''s much harder when other people add to your pile. As the youngest in our families, we often have gotten help in the form of extra furniture, mattresses, and household goods, which is wonderful when the stuff is in good shape and we actually need it, but often I think we''re just a bit of a dumping ground. They feel bad about getting rid of something if they think someone in the family might ever really need it. For a long time my husband and I got this stuff on a regular basis. My sister still gives me a ton of clothes, and often I don''t want them and have even said, ''I really don''t need any more clothes. My closet is over flowing.'' She''ll say, ''Well, you need some new things. Get rid of what''s in your closet!'' I WANT to say, ''Yes I do need new things. The key word being NEW!'' But I don''t. Our families do mean well. I just donate the stuff unless it''s something I know they''ll eventually want back, in which case I wait a month and say, ''We really aren''t using this and I don''t think we''re going to, and it''s nice so I know you''ll want it back.''
9.gif

BTW, when does school start for you, Harleigh? ETA: OH DER! You said Tuesday! Yikes! Maybe you can get someone to help you sort through it (I''d help if I were there! I''m really good at tossing OTHER people''s excess stuff, LOL!)
Unfortunately, I have to leave right after my meeting breaks for lunch and race my new ring over to the jeweler''s to get a plot redone on my appraisal...the darling gemologist ''accidentally'' left it off and my insurance company has given me 30 days to get that to them...argh! SO, of course that means I will miss the catered lunch and any extra time I would have to work in my room at that time, but if I don''t take it in today, I would have to drop it off tomorrow night and wouldn''t be able to pick it up until Wednesday after a staff meeting, which usually goes until about 4:30 or 5 PM, so with traffic, I might not make it, and then wouldn''t have it back until Thursday. I swear that I have had to take this ring in for more reasons than I care to count, and I honestly think it''s been with them at least as much as it''s been on my finger!
Harleigh dear, if I may suggest something...please stay at school and get stuff done. The ring can wait a couple of days but your kids, unfortunately, can not.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby actually did a get a dumpster last summer and went floor by floor in our house tossing stuff. He was so disgusted at every room being filled to the brim. We are building a new house, which I am sure will start off neat and end up a total mess!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow lumpkin, I am very impressed!!! Good for you!!
9.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve been a very good girl! Well Done!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
WAY TO GO!!!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ladies. I do feel like I got a lot done. I feel like I broke my slacker streak.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results