shape
carat
color
clarity

I am so hungry all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
This morning I ate cereal and milk
At 9:30 it was Ritz crackers and pepperoni slices
Lunch at noon was a deli turkey sandwich on oatmeal bread and mustard with a rice krispie treat
Here it is 3:30 and I feel like I haven''t eaten all day.

I don''t wanna eat too much because we''re going out for sushi tonight and I want to make sure I''m hungry enough for the miso soup and sesame salad and rolls...and dinner!

I''ve been like this all week. I feel like a bottomless pit. Anyone else get like this?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yep, I just started working out 6 days a week instead of 3/4 and started sparkpeople last week, they set my calorie goal range to 1280-1600. I have not made one day in that range yet.

I ate 1400 yesterday by 5 pm, and was starving all night so I had to have 2! 100-cal popcorn packs and an undisclosed amount of rice krispie treats (they''re my fav!). I feel better today as I haven''t worked out, but man I just HATE being hungry, I honestly would rather be a little bit more pudgy and be able to concentrate and complete daily tasks instead of feeling like I''m starving to death
14.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes seems when I eat more earlier in the day, it just makes me even more hungry as the day goes on. I think what you ate were good choices and they should have filled you up?? I dunno, but yeah same thing happens to me.
11.gif

Are you working out??

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
For me I get ravenous if I''ve started working out more intensely than usual. Also about 10 days before AF I pretty much eat anything in front of me.
32.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Six weeks ago I switched to eating six smaller meals a day and I''m never hungry. In fact, I can''t eat as much (in total) anymore as I did when I only ate three times a day. I''m also working out six days a week, so I''m shocked that I''m not feeling famished!

I eat a balance of six portions of protein and six portions of carbs every day.

Are you drinking enough water? I drink ten glasses a day, I think that makes me feel full, too.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Maybe try upping your protein and cutting down on some of your carbs a bit. (This coming from a pregnant lady who ONLY wants carbs and can''t stand meat right now
9.gif
). But it used to work for me before I was pregnant to not get so hungry. I like Haven''s idea too about the 6 smaller meals throughout the day. I used to do this as well....for example if for lunch I usually had soup and half a sandwich, I would save the 1/2 sandwich for about 3 in the afternoon to spread it out a bit. Hope this helps!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with steph about the protein, I''m eating much more protein now and it definitely keeps me feeling super full.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
You know Monkey, maybe I am around that 10 day mark. I ended up eating a mini bagel at 3:30 - yes another carb - because I somehow think that will stop me from being hungry. Usually I just eat a fruit cup because I'm not that hungry and I like spacing out my food intake. This week though, I tell ya. Someone brought in a pan of rice krispie treats and I thought to myself I could eat that whole pan and still be hungry. I drink water out of a big jug and I don't really measure how much I drink because I constantly keep it full so it'll be cold. But I know it's a lot. Maybe not 10 glasses - more like 5 or 6.

Okay notes to self. More protein, more water and less carbs.
Oh, and yes, I'm working out 5 days a week doing Jazzercise. Bf and I do stuff like tennis or biking 3 times a week.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Shimmer, I almost always went above my calorie range on sparkpeople, but I still managed to lose 70 pounds after my first son was born, so I wouldn''t feel bad if you go over a little especially if you are being active.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''ve been the same way this week! Maybe because the weather is changing? I weighed myself this morning though and I still weigh the same so I guess that''s a good sign!

And for lunch I had a beef sausage sandwich thing
12.gif
so I got plenty of protein today!
3.gif
In my defense I wanted a veggie burger but she was out so I went with the beef sausage because that''s what the guy in front of me got and it looked sooooo good!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I hate that!

I would love to know why our bodies do that
29.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I blame it on the fluctuations of the female hormones when I have those days. They usually don''t last longer than 2-3 days for me. I figure no one is really going to argue with me if I say that ;-)

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
When I eat too much I find that I am eating too much carbohydrate and not enough protein. So . . . as unpleasant as it is . . . I up the protein and lower the carbs!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 5:26:27 PM
Author: Starset Princess
You know Monkey, maybe I am around that 10 day mark. I ended up eating a mini bagel at 3:30 - yes another carb - because I somehow think that will stop me from being hungry. Usually I just eat a fruit cup because I''m not that hungry and I like spacing out my food intake. This week though, I tell ya. Someone brought in a pan of rice krispie treats and I thought to myself I could eat that whole pan and still be hungry. I drink water out of a big jug and I don''t really measure how much I drink because I constantly keep it full so it''ll be cold. But I know it''s a lot. Maybe not 10 glasses - more like 5 or 6.

Okay notes to self. More protein, more water and less carbs.

Oh, and yes, I''m working out 5 days a week doing Jazzercise. Bf and I do stuff like tennis or biking 3 times a week.

I''m telling ya! Female hormones = bane of my existence...but at least you know its temporary. I tend to just eat what my body feels like eating during this time (I don''t go nuts, but I also don''t restrict myself completely either) and usually the extreme hunger/appetite and weight go back to normal in a couple weeks.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to add one more thing "fiber!!" It makes you feel full and takes a long time to digest.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 4:58:48 PM
Author: steph72276
Maybe try upping your protein and cutting down on some of your carbs a bit.
big ditto, I lost 35 lbs doing weight watchers and I notice if I eat smaller meals it helps in addition to what Steph says. More protein, nuts, lean meats, less carbs more whole wheat/whole grains, 5 fruits/veggies a day helps with the appetite. White (refined flour and sugar) makes me crave more sugar and white carbs.
ditto Somethingshiny on the fiber too (found in beans, nuts, veggies and fruits)

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/18/2009 5:31:52 PM
Author: steph72276
Shimmer, I almost always went above my calorie range on sparkpeople, but I still managed to lose 70 pounds after my first son was born, so I wouldn''t feel bad if you go over a little especially if you are being active.

Thanks steph, this is very encouraging. Congrats on your 70 lb loss, what an accomplishment!
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
For me it has to do with my cycle. One week I''m ravenous, one week I could forget to eat for most of the day. The other two are normal. I just stuff myself with protein when I''m on "hungry week" - eggs, fish etc. Keeps me that bit fuller for a little longer. Your body craves carbs if you give it carbs, so ignore those cravings and stuff in an egg!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
add me to the list of women who get hungry depending on the time of the month. I am in the ravenous stage too. It''s usually just a couple of days when i could eat and eat and eat. Last night i ate a huge meal at our cottage and when i came home just an hour later i made a bag of popcorn and polished that off.
40.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 10:25:09 AM
Author: Jas12
add me to the list of women who get hungry depending on the time of the month. I am in the ravenous stage too. It''s usually just a couple of days when i could eat and eat and eat. Last night i ate a huge meal at our cottage and when i came home just an hour later i made a bag of popcorn and polished that off.
40.gif

Ugh, me too. I heard that eating foods with higher water content (soups, fruits, etc) will make you feel full for longer, simply because they take up volume.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results