shape
carat
color
clarity

I am ENGAGED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, everyone, I can''t believe I am here. I really, really feel like I am in a dream. I am in total disbelief.

At 4:30 pm today, right before I left work, I noticed the lobby calling on my work phone - instantly, my heart started racing. The lobby ONLY calls when a package or flowers have been delivered. I just KNEW. I went downstairs, and two roses were waiting for me, along with a note. The note basically said, that this is a game, and here is your first clue. When I read it, I took a deep breath and said to the receptionist, "oh my God, I think I am getting engaged today." I went upstairs, asked my boss to leave early (I was a shaking mess) and went to my car. There was a second clue. At my apartment were two more clues. Each clue had two red roses. Ultimately, my last clue led me to a nearby park, with a small lake and dock. I literally ran down the path at this park, knowing he was at the end waiting. When I saw him, I slowed to a walk. I just wanted to savor the moment. I was breathing deep, and truly couldn''t think - I couldn''t cry, I couldn''t pray, I couldn''t breathe hardly. I walked up to him, and the first random thing out of my mouth was, "you look good" - he had his sexy Northface jacket on that I love!!! I don''t really remember what happened there. He gave me the final two roses of the dozen, and said a few things (I truly don''t remember!) and got down on one knee. I know this sounds odd but since I''d been on the wild goose chase, my major shakiness/nerves were gone - at this point, I was just ecstatic and in shock. He asked me to marry him, and I whispered "yes". We stood there and hugged for a few minutes and kissed a lot.

The ring...well, Oh Dear God. Its the princess solitaire that I love, but get this - he got a CUSTOM setting from white flash that he has been doing since FEBRUARY! ALL THIS TIME!!! The setting is tapered like I love, and the diamond is at an angle, i.e. a "kite" setting. You can see pics below.

Its a .73 carat, I color, VS2, ACA (AGS0) from Whiteflash. It has amazing sparkles, and I can''t stop staring. My ring size is 5.5 by the way.

I didn''t really start crying until I called my dad. Talking to family members choked me up the most.

I feel like I have fallen a million times more in love with this man, if even possible.

I really don''t think its sunk in yet - I get random moments where I want to cry of happiness, or scream in euphoria. AHHHH!!!!

And of course, THANK YOU to all of you!!!!
36.gif

IMG_2709.gif.JPG

iioeo

Rough_Rock
congratulations!!! the setting is so unique (i love that he spent so much time getting it right) and the stone is amazing!! enjoy!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Laughwithme!

What a fun proposal!

It''s the perfect ring and it looks amazing on your finger.

I know you will be deliriously happy with this man!

all the best !

HD

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
That is a truly beautiful proposal story. What a great guy to put so much effort into the proposal. And the ring is gorgeous!!

Congratulations!!!
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh honey congrats!! i can totally read through your post your joy!!!

congrats!!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Awww....so sweet!
36.gif

Many many congratulations to you, and your brand new FIANCE!

What a lovely way to start your weekend!
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Your story is so sweet. I like the kite setting, very pretty!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Love the diagonal setting! Congratulations! We are engagement buddies now!

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
What an amazing story! Your fiance put so much thought into this proposal. I so enjoyed reading it! A big congratulations to you both!!! The ring is lovely, I am also a big fan of tapered rings. Congrats again!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! Cute story, gorgeous ring! =)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great story and I LOVE kite/starset princesses!!!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
YAY congrats!!
i think we''re gonna need more pics than that!
28.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what an effort
36.gif
And I love the ring!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Your proposal sounds wonderful and your write-up of it is, too -- I can just see you glowing! Congratulations! Your ring is so pretty.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Oh-My-Gah!

That is one of the most romantic and thoughtful proposal stories I have ever heard! Your FIANCE (!!!) definitely sounds like an amazing man! Congratulations!!!

But I think we need more photos of your GORGEOUS ring! Pronto!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
*swoon* Love it!! Congrats!!
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Aw what a sweet proposal. Congratulations!

Your ring is incredible, I huge puffy heart it!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
That''s so romantic.
30.gif
Congrats!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Awesome proposal and a wonderful ring!! Congratulations to you both!!
36.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Ok sooooo I can''t sleep! I wasn''t sure whether I should sleep with my ring or not, so I snuggled it back into its safe little box, put it on my nightstand, and cuddled with MY FIANCEE all night! Ok here are more pics!!!!

This is a side shot. I love how the diamond gets light from all angles.

hand3b2c.JPG

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
OK woops no THIS is a side shot. That was a hand shot. A bad hand shot, I know. I''m using a little point and shoot.

ring39bc.JPG

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
And the dock where he asked me...I love that we can go there now anytime to re-live the memory! It has been "our" park for awhile now so its so amazing that my game of clues ended there.

dock_small_4545.JPG

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh I love the profile of your ring! I wonder if any other ladies will become "fiances" with us this weekend! Its a good weekend
28.gif

BTW, every person I see, last night and today, I just wanna say, "Hi, I''m engaged!"

Another big congrats!

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I love the proposal...very sweet and creative! Your ring is unique, I really like it. I haven''t seen very many princess cuts set like that, and It''s very cool. Congratulations!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Pretty!!! Congrats!!! I love princess cuts

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!! Congratulations sweetie! I am really happy for you
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Awww...what a sweet proposal! Sounds like he put a lot of thought into it. Though I don''t know how you were even able to drive after knowing what was coming!

The ring is gorgeous. I love how the stone is set...beautiful!

Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results