shape
carat
color
clarity

I am all new to this....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ElCheapo

Rough_Rock

I have been reading this board for about 2 Months and like a getting a ring for the Special Lady it has come time, in this case to post for you folks. I am on a tight budget and happen to run into some questions. I have a max budget of $6000, with that being said it would take something amazing, I would like to spend no more than $4500 (2 month rule, LOL). I have a stone and setting for you folks to voice your opinion’s good and bad. I want to know the pros and cons! I will thank you for your time now and post away.

The stone in question:
Sqaure Modified Brilliant
5.53 x 5.33 x 4.20 mm
1.03 carats
Depth= 78.8% I know a little to deep
Table=74%
Girdle=MEDIUM TO THICK
Culet= NONE
Polish=GOOD
Symmetry=GOOD
Clarity=VVS2
Color= I
Flourescence=NONE
and the setting:
DM01500100_PR_100_zoom.jpg
Yes, a pic from the first timer!
37.gif

The price is approx. $3500 US for stone in setting and that is one deal from what I have found!

Once again thank you,

El Cheapo

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, it sounds like you have done your homework and are happy with the stone. You didn''t give us the details of the setting. If it''s platinum, it sounds like a good deal, but I want to more about the stone. I''m assuming from your description that it has a GIA cert. Have you seen it? With those numbers, it might look a bit small or be dullish, so I''d want to make sure I''d seen it and approved of it visually.

Some other stones I would consider:

1.03 F SI1 for $4485 (with PS discount)

1.05 D SI2 for $4600

0.95 H VS2 for $3585

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey elcheapo, welcome to ps!! awesome job on the first time pic posting!!
i like the setting you have chosen...nice, clean, classic. for the price, i am assuming it is wg?

ElCheapo

Rough_Rock

Thanks, for the 2 posts

4.gif
, I hope for more. The band is WG. I have only seen pics of the stone looks great to me and I have done my homework. I don''t think you should pay $$$ for something if you don''t do your homework. I have found other stones, however, comparing the stone with the price (cost-benefit analysis), this SO FAR is the winner. Any help would be good help.

Thanks,
EL

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
for the price range that you are trying to stay within, this doesn''t seem too bad. i think you may be able to do better if you bring your clarity down even more. you could easily go si1, or with an expert opinion, an si2. have you looked at princesses with "i" color? some people can really see a difference between, say, an "f" and an "i". it will help keep you within budget, but you (or she) may not like it.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
just came across these stones on wink''s website if you don''t mind a rectangular cut... looks like a good deal, and definitely in your budget!

http://www.diamondsandgems.com/special/index.html

1.07ct rectangular Princess cut diamond F-SI1 5.89 x 4.65 x 4.59mm $3,500
This beautiful modified Princess cut has been here too long. Take it out of my sight! It has been reasonably priced at $5,056 for two years. So who knew everyone wanted square princess cuts, rectangular used to be
the thing. Help me out of this stone and save BIG bucks. Usual Satisfaction Guarantee, there are NO surprises at Winfield''s.

ElCheapo

Rough_Rock
2 Questions:

1) What do you think about this:

sarin_GIA-13256474.gif

$4700
Question 2: Someone mentioned a PS discount at Whiteflash? can anyone elaborate on that?

Thanks,
El

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the #''s on this one....much better.
21.gif

ElCheapo

Rough_Rock
15.gif
FIRST, I would like to appologize if anyone I have IMed has not liked that I did
I do thank you for for your time though
37.gif

I have learned alot from this sight and I was very worried about finding the right stone for the right Gal.

I am getting ever so close!

This is kind of long winded. I do realize that not all of the #''s are there to pick the best stone. However, at this time these are all of the #''s I have. I do want and do realize that I need a crown % and at this point I do not. I want to weed these down and then ask the company I am dealing with to get the #''s pics, ECT. I need to get them down to 3 or 4 I think. If they happen to tell me to get it down more I will then tell them that I want to see all of the options and there are other people that I can work with. I have waited this long to ask the question, so time is not all that important to me. DOING IT RIGHT IS! I thank you for your time! Now for the candidates:

I)
Price: $3,626.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.00
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 71.2 I know the Depth Table rule-and I have seen stones like this and
Table: 72 it does not bother me at all. When the # are very close, less then
Girdle: TK 1% is a fraction of a MM.
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.41-5.34X3.80
Length/Width: 1.01

II)
Price: $4,197.00
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 69.3
Table: 71
Girdle: M-STK
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Measurements: 5.52-5.47X3.79

III)
Price: $4,244.00
Carat: 1.003
Color: F
Depth: 71.9
Table: 69
Girdle: TK
Measurements: 5.5-5.49X3.95
Length/Width: 1.00

IV)
Price: $4,693
Carat: 1.10
Color: G
Depth: 72.2
Table: 69
Girdle: STK
Symmetry: Very Good
Measurements: 5.62-5.58X4.03

V)
Price: $4,578.00
Color: G
Depth: 73.3
Table: 66
Girdle: M
Measurements: 5.34-5.32X3.9

VI)
IS_GIA-13057548.jpg

$3815
GIA
Shape: Asscher
Carat: 1.31
Color: J
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 72.4
Table: 64
Crown %: 15.3
Pavilion %: 53.8
Girdle: Thick
Measurements: 6.00-5.84X4.23
Length/Width: 1.03

VII)
IS_GIA-13270569.jpg

$3500
GIA
Shape: Asscher
Carat: 1.02
Color: D
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 68.7
Table: 67
Girdle: STK
Polish: Good
Measurements: 5.68-5.66X3.89

I am leaning towards (in no order): VII, V, II.

THANKS TO ALL,
''El''

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay....now you''ve got some asschers in the mix........do you (or she) have a preference?

ElCheapo

Rough_Rock
I do not, she wants either, we went looking together the other day. I told her I needed "Valentine''s Day ideas." To get an idea what she liked. It isn''t about what I like is the way I see it. To make this short she likes both. Well, I think for a Asscher cut, VII has a very nice Ideal Scope image.

Thanks and post away,

El

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmmm......i don''t know much about asschers......but i like the other one. it''s very nice and symmetrical.
symmetry es good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results