shape
carat
color
clarity

I am a camera geek - I got a new lens!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I know we don''t have many photographers here, but this is EXCITING for me - I bought a 70-300mm lens on ebay! For a steal! I chose overnight shipping so I could get it asap, coming from Brooklyn. I can hardly stand the wait!

The best part - this particular lens does macro in an AMAZING way. I will be taking tons of new pictures of my jewelry I think
2.gif
Attached is a prime example of a shot I took using a friends similar lens in the Valley of Fire this past summer. The little bud in the picture was smaller than my pinky nail, as a judge of size.

I am SO EXCITED!!!
/photography geekery

2528778917_edebf87e39.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NICE Photo!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! BEAUTIFUL, more pictures please! How about pictures at the Balloon Fiesta, perfect timing!!!

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Can you tell us exactly what you bought? I am in the market for a new lens and I''d love to know what you got and how you like it.
Can you tell I''m a photo geek, too?
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:29:01 PM
Author: beebrisk
Can you tell us exactly what you bought? I am in the market for a new lens and I''d love to know what you got and how you like it.

Can you tell I''m a photo geek, too?

35.gif
ditto
The new g10, SX10 IS, SX1 IS are out as well as the new 5dmk2
What stinks is that the cmos SX1 IS with hd video isn''t for the US market right now.
That is the one I want too.

My dream camera is the 5dmk2 or a Nikon D700 but with a lens or 2 both would run over 5 thousand smacks.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 5:34:16 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow!!! BEAUTIFUL, more pictures please! How about pictures at the Balloon Fiesta, perfect timing!!!

I thought of that first thing Skippy :D We can''t wait to test out this lens there!

Here is a link to what I bought: NEW Sigma AF Zoom 70-300mm f 4.0-5.6 DG Macro Lens.
Ultra compact
High speed
Built in Macro
58mm filter size
includes : Front and rear lens cap , lens hood
Made In Japan

I have a Nikon D60 I will use it with :) I have a couple more pictures I can show, but once I get the lens I will have more. My favorite thing to shoot is macro droplets.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My best shot to date, I think.

2371972657_4eb4437df7.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:36:02 PM
Author: strmrdr
My dream camera is the 5dmk2 or a Nikon D700 but with a lens or 2 both would run over 5 thousand smacks.

I can''t even tell you how much I''d like a D700. I have shot with a D300 and it just KILLS me how amazing it is.

2373149854_3e9dd1152e.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now :) Hopefully my lens will be here tomorrow! I may die of the wait if it''s not until Friday.

2481961184_9e7f4a58a8.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures, it looks like you have been having fun! I have been eyeballing the Nikon D90 myself, but I might just snag a D80, as prices are going to start falling on those soon.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
What kind of camera do you have? I shoot with the new Canon XSi..LOVE It..and I'm in the market for a new lens. The one I wanted (similar to yours) runs about $800 here...I will have to scope out E-bay (love that place!) Good find..keep the pics coming! If you have an SLR a great website to learn all kinds of stuff, and meet other great photographers, and post your pics is: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:29:01 PM
Author: beebrisk
Can you tell us exactly what you bought? I am in the market for a new lens and I'd love to know what you got and how you like it.
Can you tell I'm a photo geek, too?
35.gif
I don't think of us " photographers" as photo geeks..C'mon..I'm sure your pics are fabulous like the ones in this thread. I LOVE taking unique pics like MonkeyPie posted to frame, and use as artwork around the house. People pay big bucks for wall art like that!. Some are likely envious that we have such a keen eye for this sort of stuff, photography is an art, nothing "geeky" about it, lol. I love photographing diamonds..and would put those on my wall if I could (without friends/family thinking I've totally lost it). Macro shots are great and fun aren't they?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 11:38:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Monkey Pie! I want framed & matted copies of your work, oh my stars!! I love it!! I could do a whole room for me with them. Aaahh, you''re fabulous!
6.gif
Omgosh, really? Oh, SDL, you have made my day. That is my DREAM!

Omieluv, the D80 is fabulous, too. I got my camera (D60) through a friend as a gift, and he was debating between the two - the only difference is a few small upgrades and a bigger pricetag. I love my D60, it''s lighter and more compact.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP - I'm a photo nerd without a DSLR - can't wait to see more pics out of that lens!

Those last few are freakin' amazing!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much ladies, that''s really great to hear :) My mom and husband have been trying to get me to sell prints but I figured it was kind of a specialty theme that only a few people would be interested in. maybe I need to get my website up and running!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 11:33:11 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
MP - I''m a photo nerd without a DSLR - can''t wait to see more pics out of that lens!

Those last few are freakin'' amazing!
Wow, really? What do you take all your nice pictures with then?!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
LURVEEEE YOUR PICS!!! wow, you have an amazing eye for photography and the colors are ourstanding.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 5:08:56 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
LURVEEEE YOUR PICS!!! wow, you have an amazing eye for photography and the colors are ourstanding.
What software are you using for post processing...photoshop, or something else?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 5:16:35 PM
Author: beau13
Date: 9/18/2008 5:08:56 PM

Author: iwannaprettyone

What software are you using for post processing...photoshop, or something else?

I don''t post process if I don''t have to - none of those I just posted are touched up. Just lots and lots of light!

I have Photoshop, but I try to make my photos good enough without having to use it. The only time I use it is if I am taking a picture of a person, and they want their skin cleared up.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I''ll imagine that if you use such a good macro lens to take a shot of me, I''d want my skin photoshopped too.
25.gif

Now how about some pictures of your blings to justify buying that lens?
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 4:56:24 AM
Author: gladyskristen
Yes, I''ll imagine that if you use such a good macro lens to take a shot of me, I''d want my skin photoshopped too.
25.gif

Now how about some pictures of your blings to justify buying that lens?
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
There will be TONS :D I am hopinghopinghoping it arrives today!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Cool photos! Congrats on the great deal on the new macro lens! I''m a bit of a photography geek myself and a macro lens is next on my list to get - can''t wait!
11.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ergh. It was supposed to arrive today, and I can''t seem to get a tracking number from anybody. Nor has the lens arrived. I am really, really ticked off.
29.gif

Does UPS run on Saturday?

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
monkeypie,
Did you get your lens? I only have a starter Cam..the Nikon D40. My SO got it for me lat xmas. I do LOVE it tho...it goes EVERYWHERE with me. I just won a Tamron 28-300mm AF lens on Ebay, So I cant wait to get it either. I like your pics. Ill have to post some of mine sometime

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results