shape
carat
color
clarity

I always knew I wanted to preserve my...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, how did you come across this MP.

I suppose it is not really that different to keeping the tooth in a keepsake box but it feels a little ''ew'' to me.

What do you think MP?

Me: I like the idea of keeping baby''s first curl.

ETA: my reply keeps getting eaten
29.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Ummm, ewe?

I can''t even imagine keeping his first tooth! But I should have about 4 more years before I have to decide.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the cluster earrings really squick me out. *Shudder* Is that all from one kid??

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
LOL. My SIL has an almost 16 yr old daughter. She has kept ALL of her baby teeth! Additionally, she kept her umbilical cord stump!!! That is until the dog got a hold of it about a year ago!
23.gif
32.gif
Some people are very sentimental about things their children grew apparently. Hmmm.....wonder if I should have kept JT''s tonsils and made a pendant out of them....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think mom still has our baby teeth. Not in jewelry form tho. That whole idea there is a bit odd for me.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 5:54:32 PM
Author: somethingshiny
LOL. My SIL has an almost 16 yr old daughter. She has kept ALL of her baby teeth! Additionally, she kept her umbilical cord stump!!! That is until the dog got a hold of it about a year ago!
23.gif
32.gif
Some people are very sentimental about things their children grew apparently. Hmmm.....wonder if I should have kept JT''s tonsils and made a pendant out of them....
Oh my God!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eww. I just have no words for this. Not the dangly earrings anyway. Looks like tokens from cannabilism to me or something. *Maybe* the single tooth pendant, but just not for me.
14.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Not my style.

I do plan on saving every little thing in a cute silver box though. First curl from haircut, first tooth, and her hospital band from when we brought her home.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
EEK!
6.gif

did you have a look at the tooth stud earrings?
sorry, but i think i''d rather have a nice pair of small diamond studs.
9.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
kind of gross. the dangle tooth earrings are kind of creep.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Oh come on PSers, you know you can appreciate the pave diamond one.
9.gif
25.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i kind of like it.

and umm we kept the umblicical cord stump in his memory book.
3.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I can see the appeal of the single charms, esp. the one with the initial. The studs and cluster earrings/necklaces are kind of creepy, though.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Mara~ Have you got a puppy?!?!
3.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Creeeeeeeeepy!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
LOLOLOLOLOLOL--I laughed out loud at work about this today, but PS ate my post then
38.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
perhaps it''s because my dad is a dentist, but we kept all of our baby teeth (still have mine 28 years later) and never thought it was that weird..

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
just looked at the link though - somehow using it to make jewelry does seem weird to me..

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Big nay
10.gif
kept ''most'' of their baby teeth in a keepsake box.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
Mom has all of my baby teeth and my brothers.

When I got my wisdom teeth removed I sent them to her in a jewelry box...with the tag..."a little something for your collection..."

She rolled on the floor ...with laughter.

I was considering sending her few..."sparkly" hairs to add to the curls she has kept. But the dna thing freaks me out know there is so much of me...just sitting in her felt lined jewelry drawer.

(eeeuuuu I just remembered she also has my tonsil and adenoids that I had removed in 3rd grade...EEE U. Suppose she has enough to clone me? CAPITAL E AN U...one of me is more than enough!)

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I have all of my DD''s baby teeth. I just posted this link on her FB page telling her I knew I saved all them for a reason.
31.gif

I could do the cluster.
36.gif

It''s actually creepy once you realize it''s teeth. Not far away from the barbaric feel of having teeth around one''s neck from their kill. It''s different, obviously, when it''s your kids teeth, but still.

On the other hand, it would be more useful than bronzed shoes. I think those clusters would look nice on my ears. They would look better than the memorial pendants containing ashes. Sort of.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 5:27:03 PM
Author: Steal
Oh wow, how did you come across this MP.

I suppose it is not really that different to keeping the tooth in a keepsake box but it feels a little ''ew'' to me.

What do you think MP?

Me: I like the idea of keeping baby''s first curl.

ETA: my reply keeps getting eaten
29.gif

I found it through lilsugar.com
5.gif
Kinda creepy though! At least it isn''t an actual tooth inside - they just use your baby''s tooth as a way to make a mold to cast in gold, so there isn''t a rotting tooth inside (thank god, yuck).

I kind of like the one with the single diamond, but I don''t think I would actually buy one. It just seems weird.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My mom has a few of my teeth. I''m 28! She won''t get rid of it either
32.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 9:57:27 AM
Author: fiery
My mom has a few of my teeth. I''m 28! She won''t get rid of it either
32.gif
my mom has all our teeth in a little pillbox. its kinda cute...and creepy.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My mother has all our baby teeth in a little box.

I''ll definitely keep Daisy''s. I already have a first curl - she had this really long bit down the back of her neck that was about 3" long, so I wet it and shaped it in the bath and cut it off. It''s folded up in a little paper envelope in her Baby Book.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 9:41:52 PM
Mara~ Have you got a puppy?!?!
3.gif
We have a dog and I kept all her baby teeth too!!!

At least we didn''t keep the bit of skin from his circumcision.
23.gif
Methinks THAT would be weird.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, ew!

This reminds me of the company that will put a loved one''s ashes into blown glass jewelry or sculptures so you can carry him around with you always. I actually think the teeth are a bit creepier, to be honest.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 5:54:32 PM
23.gif
32.gif

This is one the most disgusting things I have read recently.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results